Around the NHL - 2024-25 season.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Really hope I don't wake up to the unfortunate news tomorrow, but RIP to the two who lost their lives whether or not that is Johnny and his bro or two random people. Even though we all hope it wasn't Johnny, two people still lost their lives.

Until I hear from a legit news outlet, a legit NHL source (Friedman, Dreger, even ol' Frank) or the Gaudreau family themselves, it is still a rumor.

Reactions: Fig and Felidae

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Don't dare even to try and talk about it on the CBJ page...they are deleting all posts...It appears Tim Peel has verified it.
Hey I get it. He's their franchise star, and they already suffered a tragedy a few yrs back. I can understand them not wanting to discuss this topic until its ironclad.

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Hey I get it. He's their franchise star, and they already suffered a tragedy a few yrs back. I can understand them not wanting to discuss this topic until its ironclad.
It was also deleted on the Philly forum, I'm a little surprised it hasn't been here, tbh. Really hoping Peel is full of shit.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
1724997286774.png

Makes me sick that Peel is releasing this whether true or not. I hope he gets black balled in teh hockey industry.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’m sick to my stomach right now. This is tragic and horrific. Has a huge hockey fan and USA hockey fan this hurts. RIP Jonny Hockey and his brother Matthew.

Sending love from Long Island to all the Flames fans that have love for Jonny.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I won’t believe it until more reputable sources comment. Guy is my all time favourite Flame. Can’t be true.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Really hoping that it isn't true. I used to rip on him a lot when he was a Flame but he was a game changer for your team for a lot of years.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Theo fleury leaving Calgary was a rough day for my flames fandom. As a little kid I was crushed.

Ik it’s been 25 yrs now, but this is like 10x worse. Ik he didn’t leave in good terms, but Johnny hockey was the face of the franchise for almost a decade. I’m f***ing crushed. 😭😭😭

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Theo fleury leaving Calgary was a rough day for my flames fandom. As a little kid I was crushed.

Ik it’s been 25 yrs now, but this is like 10x worse. Ik he didn’t leave in good terms, but Johnny hockey was the face of the franchise for almost a decade. I’m f***ing crushed. 😭😭😭
I've cried over hockey 2 times before last night, when Iginla was traded and after we lost the cup in 2004. I held it together last night until I laid down and tried to sleep... I want to be wrong more than anything, but I'm afraid he's gone.

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I was really looking forward to seeing Johnny and Mony light it up again this season too :(

Same. Those two were so important to my revival as a Flames fan that I was looking forward to seeing that for nostalgia or whatever purposes.

This news hits in a way like Johnny never left. To think that the Gaudreau clan is being hit 1000x worse... I wouldn't wish that on an enemy and the Gaudreau clan are like some of the best buddies ever. It's devastating to think. I really hope they find some type of peace and I cannot wish them well wishes enough.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Jesus Christ this is heartbreaking :( Poor Johnny and his bro. Christ, why he has left us? Couldn't he just stay? :( :( :(:,,,,,,,,

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Sounds like Beau Akey, Edmonton's next great, or maybe just respectable, defensive hope still isn't healthy (shoulder surgery). Apparently he hasn't played in any of his Jr team's pre-season games and he's a scratch from the Penticton "Young Stars" tourny. A month ago they were saying he was 100% healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad