Around the NHL - 2024-25 season.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
the Blues have offersheeted BOTH Broberg & Holloway:laugh:

edit:

both are literally the max in their compensation categories, 2nd for Broberg, 3rd for Holloway
Interesting thought from the main board thread, is Armstrong comfortable doing this because he knows he will burn no bridges with other GMs due to the fact that the Oilers GM is Stan Bowman?

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Interesting thought from the main board thread, is Armstrong comfortable doing this because he knows he will burn no bridges with other GMs due to the fact that the Oilers GM is Stan Bowman?
I don't think offer sheets are as taboo as people think, it's just hard to find a situation where it's both worth it to offer and for the player to accept. Frankly I think those contracts are a huge gamble because if they don't step up big in the next 2 years, the Blues will be looking at letting them walk w/o a qualifying offer.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
now I am intrigued...
Berniers is RFA would he sign the Broberg offer?
Not enough and Seattle isn't in cap hell like Edmonton. Even if someone offered him 10m per, Seattle would match and trade Larsson, Borgen, Tanev or Gourde and do it quite easily.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Not enough and Seattle isn't in cap hell like Edmonton. Even if someone offered him 10m per, Seattle would match and trade Larsson, Borgen, Tanev or Gourde and do it quite easily.
fair I had forgotten that he had a much better 2nd season than 3rd. Its too bad that the Flames had to trade Monahan to try and stay competitive. It would be fun to see Conroy piss off Francis by tossing an offersheet at him.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Are the Oilers forward Dylan Holloway and dman Philip Broberg prime offer sheet candidates? Both are RFA's who currently aren't under contract and the Oilers are at the moment $2.4m over the cap limit with all the signings they've done in the past few days (Skinner, Arvidsson, Henrique, Perry, Janmark, Brown, Stecher, Picard). Unless the new Oilers GM can dump a contract or two he's going to have a difficult time finding the $$ to sign these two... even at $1m each.
Crystal ball.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Apparently Askarov wants out of Nashville. We did well to trade Markstrom when we did, and to avoid pissing off Wolf

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Edmonton didn't match on either offersheet, but STL sent them a 3rd and a C Prospect for Future Considerations, which is code for "we'll give you this not to match"

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Oilers fans will downplay losses but when I watched the Oilers the speed and size in their bottom six always worried me. McLeod, Holloway and Foegle are bigger losses than they think. Sure Skinner and Arvidsson talented but older, injury prone and small. Also Broberg and Ceci gone with no comparable replacements. I don’t see a better Oilers team than the one that skated off after SCF game 7.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Something I'm wondering with the 7x7 projected for Matty Beniers.
Shane Wright is a year younger, hasn't had a prolonged stay in the NHL; has been excellent in the AHL. Wondering if that's a guy who'd be a trade-out-of-here request if he's not on the opening night roster.

Ledge And Dairy

Something I'm wondering with the 7x7 projected for Matty Beniers.
Shane Wright is a year younger, hasn't had a prolonged stay in the NHL; has been excellent in the AHL. Wondering if that's a guy who'd be a trade-out-of-here request if he's not on the opening night roster.
With the way he played in his last callup of the season and then for Coachella in the playoffs I would be shocked if he doesn't make the roster out of camp. Also highly worth noting that Seattle promoted his AHL coach to NHL head coach so he knows how good Wright is better than anyone

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Oilers fans will downplay losses but when I watched the Oilers the speed and size in their bottom six always worried me. McLeod, Holloway and Foegle are bigger losses than they think. Sure Skinner and Arvidsson talented but older, injury prone and small. Also Broberg and Ceci gone with no comparable replacements. I don’t see a better Oilers team than the one that skated off after SCF game 7.
I actually like the kid they got from San Jose in the Ceci deal, I'd rather have gotten him from San Jose than Okhotiuk

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014

I think we'd only be able to poach him via offering him an AGM role and that would also probably coincide with getting rid of Sigalet. Not sure we'd be able to do that, but yes... I've been very vocal for years that I'd love to bring Clark over. I think he'd be more valuable to the org than getting a star player for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad