Tim Stuetzle vs Tage Thompson?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hu

• Total voters

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Tage, he had 29 goals in 71 gp last year in a down year, also only a -1 on a crappy sabres team

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd take Timmeh. And both spellings of his name are correct. Where that umlauted U is often anglicized as UE...the same way it's often an "oe".

Reactions: Shark Finn

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I think if Tage could replicate the defense he was showing at the beginning of last year and score back at a 35-40 goal pace after rehabbing his injury he takes with a slight edge. He was really learning to use his size and reach to limit skaters lanes and take away their ice he looked like a borderline selke caliber center for around 20 or so games if we can get that for 60 games plus along with the goals and ppg or near ppg game clip we have a top 10 center

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I think Tage is better right now but wouldn't be surprised if Stützle's better by the end of the season.

I'd take Timmeh. And both spellings of his name are correct. Where that umlauted U is often anglicized as UE...the same way it's often an "oe".

What a nightmare it would've been if Å, Ä and Ö were anglicised like that for Nordic players.

Magnus Pääjärvi would've been spelled as Paeaejaervi :laugh:

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Stutzle had 70pts in 75 games in a down year last year on a crappy Sens team.
I think stutzle is the better playmaker and nearly as good as a goal scorer but I feel tnt has an advantage in all other areas I think they are both top line bordering elite talents

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think stutzle is the better playmaker and nearly as good as a goal scorer but I feel tnt has an advantage in all other areas I think they are both top line bordering elite talents
I love Tage, dudes a freak. Just pointing out that they both had things to look forwards to in their down years.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I love Tage, dudes a freak. Just pointing out that they both had things to look forwards to in their down years.
Oh absolutely I personally love the quality of talent as a hockey geek but as a Sabres fan a little salty a lot of it is condensed I'm the east especially the Atlantic with Toronto, Tampa, Florida and Boston and the arms race between us ottawa and Detroit along with Montreal looking to be competitive in the future as well.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Blues fan, have to go with Tage, though both answers are awesome and you can't go wrong with either.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Tage because of the size. If he was on a consistent team with an identity he’d have better numbers IMO.

He has to kinda fit into Buffalo’s imperfect system.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Interesting comp as both had really high shooting%s in 22-23 creating career seasons, both of which absolutely cratered in 23-24 (both suffered with injuries as well)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad