Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft LIVE from the CUBE in RENO

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
The working theory is that SJ had intel that Philly or Minnesota were high on Eiserman and they needed to jump those teams if he is indeed their target

The vibe I get from Sharks' fans is that they think this was to make sure SJS gets one of the top 6 defenders in this draft.

Seems like there's a clear top 11-12, another clear next 11-12, and then it falls off into a mess of 40+ guys who could go anywhere in the last quarter of the 1st round.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Really hope for a trade back of 6 to 8 spots and add another 2nd or high 3rd. Need more picks than 1 x 1st, a 5th and 7th?

Seems like the talent from 25 to 40 is all at a similair layer

As pissed off as I will be tomorrow night after waiting hours only to watch the Stars trade their pick when on the clock, this is the correct move if the value is there to add more picks.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
IMG_3415.jpeg

Reactions: LT

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
Heika seems pretty confident that Duchene and Tanev will be back. Carrier and Martinez do seem likely too but Martinez was pretty terrible this year according to Vegas fans. Basically their Suter
Heika is far from a Stars insider.

If Shapiro was saying something, because he seems to still have some ties within the organization, I'd believe it more.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I won't be able to do draft profiles of the picks until Sunday or Monday. I'm in the hospital with an infection.

Someone else can do it or I'll just do it a bit late.

Best wishes, get well soon.

I'm sure we'll put some stuff together but it won't be close to your level of quality

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Since picking Wyatt Johnston , I don’t care who the stars pick anymore . They have my faith .
If it were just Johnston I could see it maybe being pure luck but they also got stankoven , bourque , Harley , Oettenger . Bichsel looks like he will likely be an nhl’r . The amateur scouting department has been money . They’ve made some bad picks in the past but have learned and adjusted .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
According to MK88, you and I are fools for thinking that.
no no, don't go and try and put words in my mouth, or keyboard rather.
0 issues with faith in the drafting, since it's been pretty spot on since 21,
Tons of issue putting blind faith in Nill, Nill doesn't run the draft though he does get credit or fault for it's success/failures.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Would be beautiful to get at least a middle six or 4th dman out of this draft. Last year's draft is likely to produce zilch, and 2022's will need Bitchel to hit cause otherwise the only thing left there is Christian Kyrou-Honka.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
no no, don't go and try and put words in my mouth, or keyboard rather.
0 issues with faith in the drafting, since it's been pretty spot on since 21,
Tons of issue putting blind faith in Nill, Nill doesn't run the draft though he does get credit or fault for it's success/failures.
huh? he absolutely runs the draft. he selects the ppl responsible for scouting. the ppl that make the ultimate decisions. he's responsible for making sure that everyone involved in the process speaks the same language.

he might not be the one saying, 'let's draft joe smith,' but he's absolutely accountable for building the org and processes that determine who the stars draft.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad