Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft LIVE from the CUBE in RENO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Who do you hope gets drafted before Dallas because you don't want them to end up with the Stars?

Dean Letourneau is the one that scares me a bit.

That said, I want Trevor Connelly gone simply because there's no chance Nill drafts him, and it pushes another player down the board for Dallas.

It would also be nice if those LDs like Freij and Solberg go since Dallas is unlikely to draft them and it helps a forward or RD fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT and starsfan86

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Who do you hope gets drafted before Dallas because you don't want them to end up with the Stars?

That said, I want Trevor Connelly gone simply because there's no chance Nill drafts him, and it pushes another player down the board for Dallas.

It would also be nice if those LDs like Freij and Solberg go since Dallas is unlikely to draft them and it helps a forward or RD fall.
I’ll be pissed if we draft some 6’7” guy who dominated midget AAA hockey. Riley Tufte 2.0

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Tanner Howe. He’s got career AHLer written all over him. His physical game won’t translate to the NHL at his size

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I don’t want Nill drafting O’Reilly (unless Starry thinks he has top 6 potential). I’m also a little worried Beaudoin is Dellandrea 2.0

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I don’t want Nill drafting O’Reilly (unless Starry thinks he has top 6 potential). I’m also a little worried Beaudoin is Dellandrea 2.0

I'm with you on both. O'Rielly has a very remote shot at becoming top-6 due to somewhat sluggish skating. Reminds me of pre-busted wrists Faksa somewhat.

Reactions: starsfan86

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
This is a live mock draft. Dallas is about to pick. Here is some of the players already off the board.

18. E.J. Emery
21. Ryder Ritchie
22. Adam Jiricek
23. Igor Chernyshov
24. Jett Luchanko
25. Marek Vanacker
26. Teddy Stiga
27. Julius Miettinen
28. Cole Beaudoin

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Brock Otten (Made picks 25-28) said that Harrison Brunicke was one of the top players available remaining as Dallas' pick comes up.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The whole blurb:
The Stars have used six of their last seven picks in the first four rounds across the last two drafts on D, and while I don’t think the state of their prospect pool on defense precludes them from taking another one (it’s not a world-beating group in the way that, say, Montreal’s young defense pipeline is), I do think a forward is more likely here and that a forward is quite likely to be the best player available. When I think Stars types and the players available in this range, I think Ritchie, Vanacker, Parascak, Eriksson, Pettersson, O’Reilly and maybe even a Teddy Stiga or a Basha. I wonder, with Johnston, Stankoven and Bourque all as natural centers, whether the wingers in Ritchie, Vanacker and Parascak actually make more sense for a change (I took Parascak in our podcast mock), though.

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
One thing that I thought was interesting that hasn't been mentioned I don't think directly on this board is that Ritchie is half Swedish. Not only that, but he has double NHL bloodlines, if you put any stock into that. His father is Byron Ritchie and his uncle is Andreas Johansson.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
One thing that I thought was interesting that hasn't been mentioned I don't think directly on this board is that Ritchie is half Swedish. Not only that, but he has double NHL bloodlines, if you put any stock into that. His father is Byron Ritchie and his uncle is Andreas Johansson.

Apparently, Byron met Ryder's mom during the lockout of 04-05 while he was playing in Sweden.

The Stars better be picking the best player available, on their board, at 29 and not drafting for need.

The best players slated for that area are RD and wingers which is Dallas' organizational depth need.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Pretty sure Lionel is his dad

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We should probably feel better if Nill goes way off board again. He should have earned our trust by now.
Huh? :huh:
Of all the times he's/they've gone off board, it has literally only worked once, in the Covid year at that.
They deserve all the credit in the world for hitting the homerun that is Johnston, but that's more akin to a broken clock being right twice a day.
They've failed 90+% of the time they go off board, but because they had 1 hit, they've "earned" trust.
You trust way to easy.
I don't get stabbed in the back 4x, then trust the person because he could have done it a 5th time but didn't.

You're much more likely to end up with a garbage prospect like Gurianov/Honka/Dellandrea going off board than Johnston, especially when you don't have Covid to shut down junior hockey at almost all levels

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Not gonna happen, 29th isn’t gonna net you two 2nd’s. It’s too late of a pick.

I tend to agree with you, but here are some options. They're mid 2nd round picks with very late 2nd round picks. I don't think Pittsburgh is realistic though.

SEA: 29 for 40 and 63
CGY: 29 for 41 and 62
PIT: 29 for 44 and 46*
STL: 29 for 48 and 56
UTA: 29 for 49 and 65
NAS: 29 for 53 and 55 OR 59

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad