GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Glad we got mitts done early. 5.75 for a legit 2C is cheap when bottom pairing Ds and no defense one way Ds are getting so much.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
They were arbitration eligable RFAs. Dallas declined to give them a qualifying offer. Now they become UFAs.
The point was the poor wording by Seravalli here. "They will become UFAs. Both are arbitration eligible". Such a thing doesn't exist.

E. To be fair, Seravalli said "They can become UFAs". It is still poor wording, easy for people to mix up. Though people who know anything about NHL contracts realize that there is no such thing as an UFA with arb rights.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Man the real story is Filip Zadina

He walked away from life changing money (nearly 4M) and got his contract terminated in Detroit last summer to bet on himself.

Played one year in SJ and today he wasn't qualified.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Yup, I agree.

I don't know if anyone else caught it but yesterday during day 2 of the draft they interviewed CMac on sportsnet after the Nabokov pick and asked him a bunch of questions. At one point, they asked about free agency and the fact that they can re-sign Rantanen on July 1st and his response was kind of interesting.

He seemed to be taken aback a little bit by the question and then kind of regurgitated a bit of a made-up answer.. Something like "well, we're definitely going to check-in with his agent here in the next couple of days..."

Just thought it was weird because in my mind, that part would have been done a long time ago.

I'm still holding out hope that he makes the right call and moves him out to get a big-time haul back as well as lots of cap-space or a player like B.Tkachuk.
Yea but teams barely trade start hockey players in their prime unless the star player does not want to resign with the club.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You do this 10 times out of 10
We need some capspace still, if we want to re-sign Drouin. Ritchie is our best prospect sure, but that's not saying much is it. A 1st should be a late first, when the mentality is to win a cup. So not that much lost in Colton, Ritchie and 1st if it's for the right piece(s).

Askarov could end up being a top goalie in the NHL as soon as this season, if given the chance. Pärssinen could be a decent #3C project.

Actually sounds even more tempting now that I say it out loud. But I still wonder if that's enough for Trotz, if there are other teams with offers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00