GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Now use Kelly and brannstrom to get Pinto traded here..or Brady or Batherson or Greig..

:sarcasm:
1719939979047.jpeg

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Brannstrom doesn’t fit an obvious need, I wonder if the team is considering moving Girard, Anaheim has been very quiet thus far
Here's another possibility: New York Rangers. They are trying to get rid of Trouba, maybe rid of Lindgren too. They want to revamp their D-corps, but did nothing yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a keen interest on Girard. They really need puck moving defensemen.

What they can offer back? Kakko obviously is on the block. On defense, maybe Lindgren but not sure I want him. He's not going to come cheaper than Girard unless it's a very short deal (and even then probably undeserved). They were supposedly also interested in Colton.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Love the Brannstrom pick up. Had great underlying numbers, and would thrive with someone like De Haan.

MacFarland having a sneaky good FA so far.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Kane, Ceci or McLeod.
I heard on XM yesterday (had to drive 7 hours during the frenzy) that the Oilers are pretty not happy about him self disclosing his sports hernia as he's as good as gone. The only way would be if McDavid wanted him to stay, which I highly doubt.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
they didn't bring in the dregs/reclamation projects of #5-7 defensemen to trade Girard.
This is quilt working the #5-10 defense positions with buriable contracts.
Probably have at least 1 waiver claim show up before the season starts too

Reactions: UncleRisto

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Not short on contract spots, I just don't see the fit. The AHL team has enough puck movers, even if he could pass through waivers (which I'd guess he wouldn't as some bad team will take him).

I don't think he's better than De Haan or Rosen. It is about the fit though. There is no real PP opportunity and the Avs could really use a guy to take some PK load during the season.
I like the signing in isolation, but also agree with your sentiment that it's a bit mlre-of-the-same after signing MacDonald and Rosen yesterday. Curious to see if this is the last move CMac makes on D because it does feel a bit smallish and same-ish in the 5-8D spots.

Reactions: henchman21

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not a fan of ANOTHER tiny dman

Come on now
Don't know what to tell ya, man. Look at the insane prices even objectively terrible big defensemen like Lyubushkin are going for. A cap-strapped team doesn't have many options. You try getting a big guy at prices like this you end up with Nate Guenin.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Anaheim is eventually going to be the trade dance partner for people looking to dump salary. If Girard were to be moved or Manson was willing to wave to NTC and circle it all back to where he started then...

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad