GDT: 2024 Flock party

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Verbeek

• Senneke said “you didn’t talk to me”, Verbeek replied “we talked to you once, that’s all we needed”
  • Added a bunch of different types of players
  • Knows the different types of players you need to win, added all the types he thinks you need to win (put a fork in the “big burly only” balloon)
  • Senneke - big, chance to grow into the frame, “off the charts vision skill and skating, can play physical, skilled and fast.
  • Ducks type pick - 3 things. Competitive/drve, hockey sense , skating ability. Can fix skating ingredient but it the first two.
  • Solberg - falls directly into the “hard to play against”, physical, a taller Radko Gudas. Verbeek doesn’t like the other teams feeling comfortable in the ice.
  • Smaller centers - Blais is small, but he and Patterson incredible speed and motor and hockey sense, so they overlook the size.
  • Glenn Cochran - amateur scout for 17 years. Nice off ice, one of the meaning nastiest people Verbeek ever played against on ice. WHL territory.
  • Goalie coach ( spelling)promoted to director of goaltending, now more scouting and overall direction, not working with players on ice.
  • Richard Clune PP/Forwards
  • Trombley promoted to director of player development.
  • Free agency goals are to get a top 6 forward and top 6 defenseman. Didn’t mention “right” FWIW
Prob didn’t want to box himself into “right handed” or hockey duckie woulda wrote a 1000 word essay on how he’s not true to his word

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Cutter is clearly the star of this thing, and he’s playing to it. Natural charisma to him, he and Z could make a charming duo trolling the rest of the league
Yeah, he has presence. It’s a more serious presence than Zegras.

Carries himself like he will have a letter eventually.

“Leo is in the middle of nowhere in Sweden” :laugh:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
any indications about Zegras future with the team?
Cutter talked about liking him after Kent asked him what he thought about losing with Zegras Carlsson McTavish and Terry, but that was the only mention of Zegras the entire event.

Nobody really got discussed who was a veteran unless it was in reference to the kids.

Reactions: dracom

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I will say I did not get much confidence that Verbeek is going to make a splash in free agency. I don’t know if it’s not wanting to pay the stupid money or if he’s getting feedback they don’t want to play here, but there was a lot of wellllllllllll, here’s what we WANT to do, but…. In his voice.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I will say I did not get much confidence that Verbeek is going to make a splash in free agency. I don’t know if it’s not wanting to pay the stupid money or if he’s getting feedback they don’t want to play here, but there was a lot of wellllllllllll, here’s what we WANT to do, but…. In his voice.

Well that’s not ideal. Looking like that 2nd we traded away could be a very high one.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He used similar language when he first talked about this way back in April or whenever that was but yeah he definitely didn’t sound like a guy with a deal or two in his back pocket.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He used similar language when he first talked about this way back in April or whenever that was but yeah he definitely didn’t sound like a guy with a deal or two in his back pocket.
He said something similar at the other season ticket holder event I went to, but he seemed upbeat about it this seemed like he was just wishlisitng. Different time and body language.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad