GDT: Preseason Game 3: Red Wings vs penguins 9/30/24 7pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
All of the kids are gonna get sent down until they learn to capitalize on their chances. Nate isn't anticipating passes, Kasper/Mazur are trying to beat the goalie down low. As much as I love their energy, they would be better off learning to score in the AHL.

I don't see any reason why any of those 3 can't be mid to late season callups once they figure it out. Their PK is pretty good, and they'd be replacing Motte/Fischer/Joey.
Or learn how to do it from Kane and Tarasenko

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Sigh. This sounds like extreme coping. Yes we barely tried and that’s obviously the only reason we lost.
Coping? This game means nothing. It is an indicator of incontrovertibly nothing team-based. The only means for evaluation is if young players like Kasper/Danielson/Mazur/Johansson are ready to start in the NHL and fit into the team's system or not

Nobody else is sounding the alarm here

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Before preseason begins I feel like everyone knows and admits it means absolutely nothing. Then half way through you see the guys who start cracking and think it’s a huge deal. Listen to the version of yourself that was still reasonable a week ago.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
From the highlights it looks like Kasper was realgud again. How about Mazur Laser?
Kasper looks so fun flying around looking great all over the ice except he just needs to finish. I feel he may end up going to GR, find that missing finishing touch more/less, be close to PPG after like 30 games, get a callup, and never look back

Mazur looked okay and you can sense he's getting the feel for NHL pace. He too needs some refinement around his finishing if he wants to stick around an NHL middle 6 or be a 4th liner like Fischer. Around the boards he's learning how he can throw his new weight around. Worked Aho to a puck battle near the endboards but he was a little too early on the contact and took an interference penalty. I think AHL for most if not all season for him would do wonders

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Before preseason begins I feel like everyone knows and admits it means absolutely nothing. Then half way through you see the guys who start cracking and think it’s a huge deal. Listen to the version of yourself that was still reasonable a week ago.
Usually the complete NHL roster doesn’t get iced until around the last preseason game. For the complete NHL squad to lose so handily against a farm team is not something easy to brush off.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Sigh. This sounds like extreme coping. Yes we barely tried and that’s obviously the only reason we lost.
This roster was 0 points out of the playoffs last year. Do you truly believe that the alternative to what you are saying - that the team is legitimately worse than a middle ground AHL roster - is an actual possibility? Be honest with yourself instead of just being upset all the time, just for one second.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
This roster was 0 points out of the playoffs last year. Do you truly believe that the alternative to what you are saying - that the team is legitimately worse than a middle ground AHL roster - is an actual possibility? Be honest with yourself instead of just being upset all the time, just for one second.
I don’t know if it’s the roster, personnel, or game plan, but there definitely needs to be adjustments.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's the preseason

pace yourself, sometimes you gotta ask if you want to be a generational shitposter yacking it up till you forget how words work or if you want to be looking back at your old posts from a ball hockey game wondering where it all went wrong

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Coping? This game means nothing. It is an indicator of incontrovertibly nothing team-based. The only means for evaluation is if young players like Kasper/Danielson/Mazur/Johansson are ready to start in the NHL and fit into the team's system or not

Nobody else is sounding the alarm here
Also very important not to get injured

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Usually the complete NHL roster doesn’t get iced until around the last preseason game. For the complete NHL squad to lose so handily against a farm team is not something easy to brush off.

The vets aren't going at 100% during the preseason. Trust me, there is no correlation between preseason team record and regular season team record.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Hard to believe we missed the playoffs with the same pts as the WC2 team, 2 years in a row. Who pulled their goalie this year?

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I don’t know if it’s the roster, personnel, or game plan, but there definitely needs to be adjustments.
Dont disagree that the roster needs improvement and that our game plan usually sucks.

Preseason games aren’t a reason to have that belief though. Unless you think the historically bad 16-17 Avalanche should have made 0 changes to their roster since they went perfect in the preseason.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Quite even game on expected goals.

Motivated grinders battling about a roster spot (Penguins roster) is always a tough task. They were going 110%.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I forgot how many trolls I had muted
It's kind of unfortunate how much one troll derails the entire thread. Maybe a reason this board is one of the least active on hfboards?
From the highlights it looks like Kasper was realgud again. How about Mazur Laser?
Mazur has the effort but seems to be struggling a bit with the pace. He's fighting the puck a bit. I think he needs NHL games this season but probably not a full season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Joel Blomqvist is Roope Koistinen developed goalie... he did look phenomenally good. Not surprised if he becomes Penguins starter at this season.

Everybody should remember the name. Thank god Koistinen is developing now our kid goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad