Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't think I ever said he's NHL ready? Where did you even get that from?

I'm not talking about putting Calgary Hitmen Yakemchuk on the Sens next to Chabot. I'm speaking to his skillset and the tools in his game. He was leaned upon heavily to carry the load offensively for Calgary on the blueline. That obviously isn't going to be his role on the Senators. He's not being drafted to be our #1 dman. I'm curious to see what direction the team sees for him because I think a lot of the tools he possesses can compliment Chabot and Sanderson extremely well if he is developed a certain way.
I did not mean to insinuate that you said that.

We'll see ... He has some attractive tools... We will have to see how fixable his skating is for starters.

He's mobile skating forward.

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I see the stylistic comp. That's the best case scenario.
With Staios and Poulin managing this organization, that is a lot of first hand NHL experience to be able to tap into for player evaluations. I would think that would come into play when making evaluations for which prospects to draft. Yakemchuck has some interesting tools and maybe the Sens had him ranked as the 2nd best d in this draft.

If he is developed well he could be quite an impact player.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Skating is really poor. For the defencemen left on the board, this seems like a reach. I'm really getting sick out of scouts.
Typically Senators drafting as of late I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: KapG

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
After taking some time to calm down and reviewing more scouting reports, I feel less upset about the pick.

The potential is evident, and he might have the highest ceiling of any prospect. With proper coaching and development, he could be a home run. Also feel he has the highest bust potential after Parekh.

Comparing him to Boucher is unfair. This guy can consistently score and has been ranked in the top 10-12 all year, unlike Boucher.

If he hits then it’s a 6’3 RHD that is mean as f***, physical, and can dangle the blue line like Karlsson while shooting bombs like Weber.

If he misses then it’s a Hamonic with dangles.

StoneHoffs129

Oct 24, 2017
W
Skating is really poor. For the defencemen left on the board, this seems like a reach. I'm really getting sick out of scouts.
Typically Senators drafting as of late I guess.
The sens have one of the best skating coaches and can help him with that. Add the tools he has to improved skating and I like this.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Unsexy pic. Outrage begins

It's not about sexiness, it's about scouting reports etc.

He's a good player and no one will deny that(except mb Burrowsaurus lol) but he doesn't give the impression of being the top pairing guy you'd like to draft at #7 in one of the deepest drafts ever.

Mark Seidel who’s been accurately predicting picks said we were heavily considering Cole Beaudoin but we didn’t expect Yakemchuk to be there. So we were moving down for Beaudoin if anything.

All this is telling me is that we desperately need an entire new scouting staff. Beaudoin at mfkn' 7 is YIKES.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Kronwall is the type of player I'm hoping he somewhat becomes. A mean solid top-4 guy that's hard to play against.

He won't hit as hard but he can put up more goals. I doubt he's ever going to put up a ton of points but he should contribute decently overall.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Mark Seidel who’s been accurately predicting picks said we were heavily considering Cole Beaudoin but we didn’t expect Yakemchuk to be there. So we were moving down for Beaudoin if anything.

Weird tweet, ending it with "I could be wrong though. Not Confident".

I imagine Beaudoin would have been the guy we wanted with the boston pick before trading it, I'm not at all surprised they like him a lot, but at 7 is clearly way too high for him. Moving back, well that depends on how far we were planing on moving back, maybe we were going to move back a couple times or move back a ton,

I mean, after Boucher, anything is possible, so I guess...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sounds to me like a cross between Jay Bouwmeester / Wade Redden
Neither Bouwmeester nor Redden have his edge, and he's nowhere the skater Bouwmeester was. I think he's more like Burns than either of them tbh.but Burns was probably a better skater.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yakemchuk has almost everything the team needs, he checks a lot of boxes,
- he's big
- he's tough
- he's a right hand shot
- he's hard to play against
- he clears the front of the net
- he has very high compete level
- he has a pro shot & is an elite goal scorer
- he has elite offensive skills
- he needs to improve defensively
Ginger too

• Haha
Reactions: Icelevel and Tuna99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Neither Bouwmeester nor Redden have his edge, and he's nowhere the skater Bouwmeester was. I think he's more like Burns than either of them tbh.but Burns was probably a better skater.

Redden fought and was tough, and I’ve read reports Yakumchuk is actually a very good skater and good technically so the comparison to Biuwmeester

Both played for team Canada at the Olympics and Bouwmeester won a Cup on one of the toughest teams in recent memeory so high standards

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad