Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
There's a bit of Phaneuf in his game.

I think if he makes it it'll be more as a two-way D. Offense isn't going to translate that well so he'll need to.
I know nothing about these guys and I know you follow them. Have you seen a lot of this guy or just from reading? What makes you think his offense won't translate?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Mark Seidel who’s been accurately predicting picks said we were heavily considering Cole Beaudoin but we didn’t expect Yakemchuk to be there. So we were moving down for Beaudoin if anything.

I like Beaudoin but it would be insanely dumb to consider taking him 7th or even trading down to the early teens to pick him.

And not thinking Yakemchuk would be there at 7 is just more proof that the Sens scouting staff has no clue they are way off the mark compared to what most scouting staffs think.

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder when they think he can play in the NHL, he's one of the older players in this draft, he already has NHL size, this could be interesting. The things he needs to work on might be better fixed in Ott than back in junior & he can't go to Belleville until he's 20 which could be next yr. I would guess he goes back.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I really wish this team would prioritize high hockey IQ.

A high compete level is good, but you're not winning without brains in this league these days.

I really hope the kid works out, but....I dunno.

By far the most important attribute for a defenseman.

Next is skating ability, which Yakemchuk also lacks.

But he hits and takes penalties, so who cares about all that.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Low IQ, meh skating and is one of the oldest guys in the draft.

Our scouts are dinosaurs who don't understand that there's more about players than toughness.
I means he did score 30+41=71pts to say that the only thing he brings is toughness is wrong, thats one more points then Dickinson

Reactions: KapG

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
"These types of players are hard to find." - Steve Staois, spoken like a true Trent Mann stan
He's correct though. If Yakemchuk hits he's not the sort of player that can be acquired in trade.

This isn't like Boucher who wasn't producing and doesn't even have that rare of a physical profile.

wtf is Staois on about with"character", Yakemchuk had the worst interviews at the draft combine.
It just seems like he's an introvert/quiet.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
wtf is Staois on about with"character", Yakemchuk had the worst interviews at the draft combine.
Oh you were in the room for the interview?? lol

Relax people. This kid has great tools. Most of you bashing the pick haven't even seen these kids play, and if you have, you don't know what you're even looking for lol.

Give the kid, and the new staff, a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad