Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Easy now!
Did you see him play night after night at his prime. I have.

In his both 50 goals seasons Richer was spectacular like Lafleur with his famous coast to coast.

For the youngers....Prime Richer was more spectacular than Kovalev and Kovy is my favorite Habs player of the last 30 years...

• Love
Reactions: dinodebino

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Richer.

Go see highlights of Richer in his prime....he was flying out there.

It's strange cause people remember only his awesome shot but Richer was one the best skater in the league and had magic hands.

Like Lafleur , Richer dangeled everyone coast to coast in his prime.

The dude had 2... 50 goals season before the age of..24 years old...

Richer was so powerful...a powerful skater....6.2, 220 pounds

Unfortunately...he had mental issues .

I saw him in person 2 years ago....the dude is a physical beast....6.2..and 250 pounds now with no fat.....he is so impressive in person guys
Without the mental issues, he’d have been a HOFer. He had everything.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

In his both 50 goals seasons Richer was spectacular like Lafleur with his famous coast to coast.

For the youngers....Prime Richer was more spectacular than Kovalev and Kovy is my favorite Habs player of the last 30 years...
Different players. Lafleur was the fastest player in the league. As good as Richer was, he didn’t have Lafleur’s hands or dipsy doodling ability.

But he was more physical and his slapshot was absolutely insane. Great player and HOF talent. But not at Lafleur’s level. That’s okay, Steve Yzerman probably wasn’t at Lafleur’s level either. Very few players were as good as prime Lafleur. Six straight 100 point 50 goal seasons. Only Gretz and Bossy have done that apart from Guy.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't know, Caufield was a very exciting draft pick. Not as flashy or razzle-dazzle as Demidov or Richer, but his lethal mitts had Habs fans going gaga. Also, how about Saku Koivu?

Agreed. He doesn't look like a small forward at all.
Koivu, also a great pick, and an exciting player, his big thing was getting injured in his 2nd year, while leading the league in scoring, and was never quite the same player.
Caufield absolutely a great pick, thanks to the Flyers for passing on him.

It would seem Demidov based on media chatter, and hi lights has another level to him, that habs fans haven't seen since Kovalev, more recently, and Richer from 40 years ago..................crazy how the last 25-30 years, the Habs decided to hang their seasons on the goalies, instead of building a real team.

Gainey was the GM who got close, but it's been miserable from a habs fans perspective when it comes down to offensive flashy talent.

Different players. Lafleur was the fastest player in the league. As good as Richer was, he didn’t have Lafleur’s hands or dipsy doodling ability.

But he was more physical and his slapshot was absolutely insane. Great player and HOF talent. But not at Lafleur’s level. That’s okay, Steve Yzerman probably wasn’t at Lafleur’s level either. Very few players were as good as prime Lafleur. Six straight 100 point 50 goal seasons. Only Gretz and Bossy have done that apart from Guy.
Lafleur.............was just simply magical for a 6-8 year period. Insane....

Lafleur.............was just simply magical for a 6-8 year period. Insane....

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Prime Richer when he was on and engaged was a spectacular player. Just lethal on the ice and exciting.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Basically, the KHL is now it's own entity, not run by the state anymore, players/teams will be more free to operate and deals could be made to get players out of their KHL contract to bring them in the NHL faster....like for Demidov.

Last edited:

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Basically, the KHL is now it's own entity, not run by the state anymore, players/teams will be more free to operate and deals could be made to get players out of their KHL contract to bring them in the NHL faster....like for Demidov.
Which is all well and good for the KHL but if the NHL doesn't allow teams to do it (Which they don't) then it changes nothing.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Summer of Hughes continues.

Slaf Suz Demigod
Caufield Dach Roy
Heineman Newhook Armia
RHP Evans Florian

Trade for an upgrade over Savard at RD. Dear lord here we go.

• Wow
Reactions: waitin425

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Personally, I don’t have any problem with him playing with SKA this season

Me neither.

The problem is if he dont play KHL.

Might as well have him here instead of the VHL/MHL.

Also, i think his KHL team could use it as leverage knowing he wont play more than one year, so maybe they are looking for a deal to release him, like they did with Michkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad