Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Me neither.

The problem is if he dont play KHL.

Might as well have him here instead of the VHL/MHL.

Also, i think his KHL team could use it as leverage knowing he wont play more than one year, so maybe they are looking for a deal to release him, like they did with Michkov.
I’m betting on SKA playing him

Reactions: Jaynki

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
It was very odd of Hughes to have talked about Demigods contract situation the way he did … starting to make more sense…. I take it Molson is “negotiating” Demigod’s release from final contract year…

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
It was very odd of Hughes to have talked about Demigods contract situation the way he did … starting to make more sense…. I take it Molson is “negotiating” Demigod’s release from final contract year…
This new isn't official, and I would take it with a mega grain of salt.

But...

Remember at the Florida Russian Combine, when they interviewed him... he could answer all the questions but not the one about his contract situation, he had to discuss with his interpret, and Brobov was present and said Demidov asked if he had to answer the question. It just felt weird. I don't recall who reported this, maybe Basu?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I’ll say it again.

Its either KHL or NA for Demidov. No way the habs let him play in MHL again.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Going from the MHL to the NHL is a real big step, probably too big in just one jump. Playing half a season in Laval would make for an easier transition.

Just bring him to camp and see how it goes, if it's an actual possibility then let's do it.

He might have a spot on the SKA but he could also end up playing 7 minutes a night too which is not a whole lot better. Remember the SKA didn't even have any use for Michkov.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Personally, I don’t have any problem with him playing with SKA this season
As long as he plays there. Another year in the MHL or playing 5 minutes a night in the KHL is basically a wasted year of development unless he pulls a Suzuki and only focuses on other areas of his game.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
in the KHL you're not sure he's going to play good minutes per game. Better to play 20 minutes in the AHL than 12 in the KHL I would think
If they keep him, I don’t think it will be to play him under 12 minutes but I could be wrong

I would love to see both Demidov and Reinbacher in Laval, probably 2 of our 3 most important players in the futur but I think it would be better for Demidov to stay in KHL

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
South Shore
This new isn't official, and I would take it with a mega grain of salt.

But...

Remember at the Florida Russian Combine, when they interviewed him... he could answer all the questions but not the one about his contract situation, he had to discuss with his interpret, and Brobov was present and said Demidov asked if he had to answer the question. It just felt weird. I don't recall who reported this, maybe Basu?

Basu said it in his podcast with Godin (in one of the post-draft episodes). Scott Powers interviewed Demidov in Florida. After the interview, Powers asked a russian speaker to translate the conversation between Demidov and his interpreter.​

Reactions: Goldthorpe

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Told my uncle this weekend that I thought Demidov would go the route of Mitchkov and be in the NHL this year. With this news I'm even more confident.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad