Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Like I said, I personally think the best option for him is to play with SKA. He will get pro experience and I don’t think the NHL is the best fit for him this year
Agree….but Laval would be a great fit, moreso given he turns 19 in Dec & can benefit greatly working directly w Nicholas, Pellerin, Byron etc.

Recall last year Gorton saying how vital it was for the org to have a say in the development of a drafted prospect

Last edited:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Did you see him play night after night at his prime. I have.

In his both 50 goals seasons Richer was spectacular like Lafleur with his famous coast to coast.

For the youngers....Prime Richer was more spectacular than Kovalev and Kovy is my favorite Habs player of the last 30 years...
Yes...followed Richer's entire career. I also saw Lafleur's prime years. Lafleur was at one time the best player in the world. Richer had one season with over 78 points. He was a good player with high end skill but he couldn't hold Guy's jockstrap.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think NHL teams are allowed to pay transfer fees…although I'm sure there are ways around it if they really want.

• Wow
Reactions: Canadienna

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Yes...followed Richer's entire career. I also saw Lafleur's prime years. Lafleur was at one time the best player in the world. Richer had one season with over 78 points. He was a good player with high end skill but he couldn't hold Guy's jockstrap.
I am not talking of who was the best player..... Lafleur was 5x better than Richer because of his IQ and vision.

Where that I wrote that Richer was as good as Lafleur..where???

I just wrote that Richer when he was on in his 2 50 goals sessons..he was as spectacular as Lafleur.

Actually Richer was more spectacular than Kovalev and Subban

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Actually Richer was more spectacular than Kovalev and Subban
I loved Richer. And, on a nightly basis, maybe more spectacular than Kovalev who could disappear for games at a time. But, at their absolute best, Kovalev may have been one of the most entertaining magicians of all time, regardless of team.

Subban was also a human highlight reel. And fairly regularly. But, yeah, Richer was funnnnn. He combined the razzle-dazzle with an absolute bomb of a shot.

Reactions: crosbyshow

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I loved Richer. And, on a nightly basis, maybe more spectacular than Kovalev who could disappear for games at a time. But, at their absolute best, Kovalev may have been one of the most entertaining magicians of all time, regardless of team.

Subban was also a human highlight reel. And fairly regularly. But, yeah, Richer was funnnnn. He combined the razzle-dazzle with an absolute bomb of a shot.
..and people forgot that he was carried the puck coast to coast with spectacular fashion on nightly basis.

People forgot how fast he was and how his hands were.

If that dude had not his mental issues he could have had at least 4, 50 goals seasons..and he was so good in playoffs.

I remember in 1988 after his first 50 goals sessons at 21 years old that Michael Thelven of the Boston Bruins had to broke Richer's hand with a cheap shot....Richer was playing like a real machine and Boston could not stopped him.

First game of the season vs Boston the year after Richer almost killed Thelven with his fists...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
..and people forgot that he was carried the puck coast to coast with spectacular fashion on nightly basis.

People forgot how fast he was and how his hands were.

If that dude had not his mental issues he could have had at least 4, 50 goals seasons..and he was so good in playoffs.

I remember in 1988 after his first 50 goals sessons at 21 years old that Michael Thelven of the Boston Bruins had to broke Richer's hand with a cheap shot....Richer was playing like a real machine and Boston could not stopped him.

First game of the season vs Boston the year after Richer almost killed Thelven with his fists...
Those Michel The..en are really good to destroy talents in MTL…

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Agree….but Laval would be a great fit, moreso given he turns 19 in Dec & can benefit greatly working directly w Nicholas, Pellerin, Byron etc.

Recall last year Gorton saying how vital it was for the org to have a say in the development of a drafted prospect
But maybe it's not. We also haven't seen them develop one at this point either outside a #1 overall pick.

They butchered Mesar's development so far.

I love the management team - hard not too after Bergevin. But they're still very unproven in many aspects.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think NHL teams are allowed to pay transfer fees…although I'm sure there are ways around it if they really want.

Philly is paying Michkovs transfer fee somehow.

But maybe it's not. We also haven't seen them develop one at this point either outside a #1 overall pick.

They butchered Mesar's development so far.

I love the management team - hard not too after Bergevin. But they're still very unproven in many aspects.

How the hell did they butcher Mesars development? He was exactly where he should have been both seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad