Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Lolwhat

Blasphemy, feel shame.

View attachment 895920
Guy Lafleur was not a generational player.
Look around everywhere and nobody outside Montréal are saying that he was one.

Lafleur was done at 29.. Lafleur was the best player in the world in the mid 70s for about 5 years.

It s not because you are the best in the world for a time that a player is considered a generational player.

There is a difference between a star , franchise and generational player

Lafleur was a franchise player.

On all list by almost all experts in the world of hockey...those are the only generational players in history:

Howe
Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Mcdavid

Thats it

The Rocket was not even close to be a generational player. He was the best scorer...thsts it...The dude never won the Art Ross.and he had less than 30 assists ler season...come on..

Last edited:

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
very close but not generational
Bobby Hull
Marcel Dionne
Martin Brodeur
Chris Pronger
Raymond Bourque
Scott Niedermeyer
Mike Bossy

I'd argue that Roy , Brodeur and Hasek were all generational goalies. After all these 3 are regarded as the top 3 goalies of all time and re wrote goaltending history in their own ways.

As for Demidov right now he is not considered a generational talent. He's certainly a top tier blue chip prospect with huge upside though. That said let's say he come to the NHL and score 100+pts in his first few season then he may get upgraded to generational but that's very doubtful.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Lafleur was already labeled generational at 10 years old and his 6 100pts seasons, 5 cups, 3 art ross, 3 lester b person, 2 harts and Conn Smythe back it up.

Who are those experts?? Name names

Another longtime friend and former teammate, Serge Savard, shared Cournoyer's sentiments.

"He just dominated the National Hockey League, just like [Wayne] Gretzky dominated in his time and Mario Lemieux dominated in his time," he said in an interview with CBC's Daybreak.

'He was a big hero here, especially in the French population ... he's a unique player that comes only once in a generation."

Named one of the NHL's 100 greatest players of all time in 2017, Lafleur finished with a career total of 560 goals and 793 assists for 1,353 points in 1,126 games

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Guy Lafleur was not a generational player.
Look around everywhere and nobody outside Montréal are saying that he was one.

Lafleur was done at 29.. Lafleur was the best player in the world in the mid 70s for about 5 years.

It s not because you are the best in the world for a time that a player is considered a generational player.

There is a difference between a star , franchise and generational player

Lafleur was a franchise player.

On all list by almost all experts in the world of hockey...those are the only generational players in history:

Howe
Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Mcdavid

Thats it

The Rocket was not even close to be a generational player. He was the best scorer...thsts it...The dude never won the Art Ross.and he had less than 30 assists ler season...come on..
Do you even know why? Or are you a stat looker?

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Maurice Richard was definitely a generational talent. He in the first of only 5 players ever to score 50g in 50 games and in a much lower scoring era.
He was not a generational player..not close.

To be considered a generational player you have to score and you have to makes your teamates better.

He was the best scorer...yes..but thats it.

Mike Bossy Cam Neely, Brett Hull and Ovechkin......best scorers but not generational players.

Howe
Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Mcdavid

..they did everything and they are the only generational players in history

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I saw him at the time. At 30...he missed the fraction of second that he had 2 years earlier..he was still good but bey far of his prime
So you obviously recall that devastating purposeful knee on knee to Pat Boutette in Round 1 vs Whalers of 1980 playoffs - with no non invasive knee procedures of that time?

It’s like saying Bobby Orr isn’t generational because his knees were toast by age 27..

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
So you obviously recall that devastating purposeful knee on knee to Pat Boutette in Round 1 vs Whalers of 1980 playoffs - with no non invasive knee procedures of that time?

It’s like saying Bobby Orr isn’t generational because his knees were toast by age 27../
Lafleur was not a generational player. He is not on any list

Lafleur at his prime was so spectacular but as a player he was not even close to Orr, Gretzky and Lemieux not close and you know that.

I have seen Lafleur, Gretzky and Lemieux at the their prime and Gretzky and Lemieux were 5x better not even close.

• Haha
Reactions: Naslundforever

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Lafleur was already labeled generational at 10 years old and his 6 100pts seasons, 5 cups, 3 art ross, 3 lester b person, 2 harts and Conn Smythe back it up.

Who are those experts?? Name names
yeah… whoever had Lindros on a list without Lafleur needs a reality check. wtf

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
yeah… whoever had Lindros on a list without Lafleur needs a reality check. wtf
Nobody had Lindros...Lindros was a generational prospect ..not player.

Btw, Lafleur was nowhere near Lemieux, Gretzky and Orr..

Can't believe that somebody could put Lafleur in the same sentence that those guys...homer!

Like Lafleur, Jagr was the best player when Lemieux retired at the end of the 90s but nobody compares him to Lemieux and Gretzky...nobody...

..and the next one..could be Mckenna....could..

2026.will be awesome to watch guys

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I'd argue that Roy , Brodeur and Hasek were all generational goalies. After all these 3 are regarded as the top 3 goalies of all time and re wrote goaltending history in their own ways.

As for Demidov right now he is not considered a generational talent. He's certainly a top tier blue chip prospect with huge upside though. That said let's say he come to the NHL and score 100+pts in his first few season then he may get upgraded to generational but that's very doubtful.
Generational russian junior league player so far, otherwise just a prospect.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Y'all need to calm down with the Demidov hype. Great prospect but 'generational' haha, no.
It needed to be calmed down before the G word got used imo. I’m all for excitement but people are acting like the Habs just drafted a McDavid. He’s an awesome prospect but there’s still a long road ahead. He went 5th overall for a reason. A lot still has to go right, nothing is guaranteed with him.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
It needed to be calmed down before the G word got used imo. I’m all for excitement but people are acting like the Habs just drafted a McDavid. He’s an awesome prospect but there’s still a long road ahead. He went 5th overall for a reason. A lot still has to go right, nothing is guaranteed with him.
Yeah exactly, nothing is guaranteed until he produces at the NHL level.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

If you accept the notion Michkov was generational, then you can accept the notion Demidov is.

Neither were/are.

Bedard has a chance because he might have the single greatest shooting tool we've ever seen. We will see how McKenna trends but there is no one else after Bedard that can rightfully be ascribed the potential.

That being said, when all is said and done, we might consider Makar generational for what he did at the defensive position.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009

To be considered a generational player you have to score and you have to makes your teamates better.

Mike Bossy Cam Neely, Brett Hull and Ovechkin......best scorers but not generational players.

Howe
Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Mcdavid

Gordie Howe had 4 Stanley Cups in 24 seasons in a 6 team league. He was a great hockey player and was incredibly marketable in the US but longevity doesn't mean generational and he couldn't hold Maurice Richards jockstrap when it came to being one of the best Captains in NHL history.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Nobody had Lindros...Lindros was a generational prospect ..not player.

Btw, Lafleur was nowhere near Lemieux, Gretzky and Orr..

Can't believe that somebody could put Lafleur in the same sentence that those guys...homer!

Like Lafleur, Jagr was the best player when Lemieux retired at the end of the 90s but nobody compares him to Lemieux and Gretzky...nobody...

..and the next one..could be Mckenna....could..

2026.will be awesome to watch guys
I mean I can’t disagree about the gap after Mario, the Great one and “Elbows” Orr, but Guy was a legend drawing crowds … When we flew from Halifax to mtl in the late 70’s it was to go see Guy Guy Guy put on a show, and he had everyone out of their seat from his own zone.

I don’t know what criteria are for “generational” but I have Roy, Richard and Lafleur as habs in there myself.

Anyhoot, Demidov has shoes to fill beyond jr level play before I see him in that crowd.

Reactions: crosbyshow

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Howe
Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Mcdavid

Ovechkin is definitely generational. He will break the NHL goalscoring record.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Gordie Howe had 4 Stanley Cups in 24 seasons in a 6 team league. He was a great hockey player and was incredibly marketable in the US but longevity doesn't mean generational and he couldn't hold Maurice Richards jockstrap when it came to being one of the best Captains in NHL history.
Its like saying Messier was better than Lemieux cause he was considered the greatest leader...

Howe was a lot more complete that Richard. He won art oss trophies and everybody outside Québec has Howe as generational.

Howe add eyes all around his head.

Again nothing against the Rocket but Howe was way better.

Somebody could prefer Lafleur to Gretzky for example cause more spectacular but Wayne was just so much better.

In the.mid 80s....my favorite player was Mats Naslund...but I am not dumb enough to say that Mats was better than Peter Statsny for example.

Yes Naslund did 110 points and won the Cup.but Statsny was.so.much better

At the time the Rocket was the most popular player but Howe was way better

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I mean I can’t disagree about the gap after Mario, the Great one and “Elbows” Orr, but Guy was a legend drawing crowds … When we flew from Halifax to mtl in the late 70’s it was to go see Guy Guy Guy put on a show, and he had everyone out of their seat from his own zone.

I don’t know what criteria are for “generational” but I have Roy, Richard and Lafleur as habs in there myself.

Anyhoot, Demidov has shoes to fill beyond jr level play before I see him in that crowd.
You are right..Lafleur was one of the.most spectacular player in history and he was by far the most polular player in all Canada in the 70s but again as a player 99-66 and 4 were way better.

Again..nothing against 10 a hell of a player a franchise player but the 3 others were on a different planet.

Reactions: Naslundforever

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Speaking of generational...I always thought that the Habs should do a special night in honor of Mario Lemieux.

He will turn 60 next year.

Ok he never played for the habs but he is by far the best Quebec player in history.

Born and raised in Montréal nearby the old Forum.

Fun fact Lemieux and Patrick Roy were born on the same day...Octobre 5 1965...one in Montreal the other in Québec city

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Its like saying Messier was better than Lemieux cause he was considered the greatest leader...

Howe was a lot more complete that Richard. He won art oss trophies and everybody outside Québec has Howe as generational.

Howe add eyes all around his head.

Again nothing against the Rocket but Howe was way better.

Somebody could prefer Lafleur to Gretzky for example cause more spectacular but Wayne was just so much better.

In the.mid 80s....my favorite player was Mats Naslund...but I am not dumb enough to say that Mats was better than Peter Statsny for example.

Yes Naslund did 110 points and won the Cup.but Statsny was.so.much better

At the time the Rocket was the most popular player but Howe was way better
Howe was not that good. Overrated because he played so long. Richard was a winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad