Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The playing centre thing is interesting, but anyone else feel like his playstyle is more suited to the wing?

If by some miracle he does play in Laval this year, do they put him at C?

Yes. The most logical thing for everyone it's Demidov at wing.

But Stutzle is a good exemple if Demidov play C at NHL level. I always see Stutzle a winger, but at this moment is a top 1 C for Sens.

Reactions: Canadienna

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
The playing centre thing is interesting, but anyone else feel like his playstyle is more suited to the wing?

I see him as a wing too but there is nothing wrong at all with trying him at C and seeing how he does (at the AHL level).

Worst comes to worst he's not suited for it. Developing and working on your game is what the AHL is for, and if that's the case then at least we know.

Best comes to best he's an absolute beast in that role and then we have another top 6 C out of the blue.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019

I would play him at C, yeah. Right now, with the exception of Newhook, the Habs only have right-handed Cs on the roster as well as in the pipeline, Suzuki, Dach, Beck, Hage, Kapanen all shoot right. Demidov being a lefty would bring some balance

He'd be a W/C hybrid like Newhook, which always help with faceoffs and in cases of injuries

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
No.

McDavid is generational.. Bedard might be.. these guys like Michkov, Demidov, Celebrini, etc. are not.

I think his offensive IQ and hands are generationnal, but to be a generationnal player that's need more. Like McDavid he is much more than IQ and hands.

Reactions: 1909

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I think his offensive IQ and hands are generationnal, but to be a generationnal player that's need more. Like McDavid he is much more than IQ and hands.
There's a few factors between having generational player like McDavid slicing thru the ice in perfect poetry motion, now if you just see the similiarities in poetry perspective, then it might be like a diamond in the rough. Still amazing talent either way.

EDIT: Now "diamond in the rough" isn't the most accurate description but like very talented, but not up to par like mcdavid, we're going to see some flashes forsure!

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
There's a few factors between having generational player like McDavid slicing thru the ice in perfect poetry motion, now if you just see the similiarities in poetry perspective, then it might be like a diamond in the rough. Still amazing talent either way.

Yes I agree!

Demidov is a very special talent. I read and every scouts said that he is a type of player they never see before. I think he have everything to put 90-100 pts per season. His IQ and hands will translate perfectly in KHL and NHL. Offensive IQ is very very important to become a very good player. Demidov have already that. He will shine in NHL ice.

Reactions: GHJimmy

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Yes I agree!

Demidov is a very special talent. I read and every scouts said that he is a type of player they never see before. I think he have everything to put 90-100 pts per season. His IQ and hands will translate perfectly in KHL and NHL. Offensive IQ is very very important to become a very good player. Demidov have already that. He will shine in NHL ice.
Yes, I had to re-edit my comment about diamond in the rough part, its not like he won't be bad or terrible at all, I think he will show amazing skills we haven't seen in awhile, almost like Kovalev era in a habs jersey.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Yes, I had to re-edit my comment about diamond in the rough part, its not like he won't be bad or terrible at all, I think he will show amazing skills we haven't seen in awhile, almost like Kovalev era in a habs jersey.

The best thing it's that he will not play 1/3 game like Kovy. I really liked Kovy but he is not the most consistent player. (Radulov is the exemple of great consistency).

Demidov looks the guy having no nights off and better at defensive zone than Kovy.

That's why I'm high on Demidov (before the draft). He is a consistent player and play at defensive zone aswell. (Not Bergeron, but not bad at all).

This guy have talent, hard work and mentality.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
No.

McDavid is generational.. Bedard might be.. these guys like Michkov, Demidov, Celebrini, etc. are not.
I don’t see Bedard as Generational. Loved him in the WJC and juniors. I struggle giving a generational tag to any player that doesn’t play a complete game. ( he seriously cherry picks). I think he’s franchise altering offensive talent. His cousin on the other hand I believe will be in the McDavid mold and could be talking generational.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'd be ecstatic if he turns out to be as good as Kaprizov.

Yes me too. I think he have the talent to become that.

Like I said before, Slafkovsky have talent to become like Andrei Svechnikov and today I think everyone think he have the potential to become better.

Like with Caufield and DeBrincat, today I'd rather have Caufield.

Demidov will show that he can be that type of guy!

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Damn, thank God we are not posting these comments on the main prospect thread! I would say"generational" is not indicated for Demidov.

Generational are players like Crosby, Ovy and McDavid in our era, then you have Gretzky and Lemieux in past eras. Then you have the elite in MacKinnon and Datsyuk and company. Ultimately, down the road, Yzerman, Sakic, etc were not generational, but rather elite HOF.

Let's not overhype Demidov please. I think it's fair to expect that he can be a regular All Star and ultimately an elite player in the NHL. Top 10 player would be crazy if one day he's there. But, I think we can hope for him to be a similar impact player as Kaprizov or so. Stutzle is a great comparison in terms of what we hope he can become offensively, but he can bring so much more than Stutzle IMO.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Damn, thank God we are not posting these comments on the main prospect thread! I would say"generational" is not indicated for Demidov.

Generational are players like Crosby, Ovy and McDavid in our era, then you have Gretzky and Lemieux in past eras. Then you have the elite in MacKinnon and Datsyuk and company. Ultimately, down the road, Yzerman, Sakic, etc were not generational, but rather elite HOF.

Let's not overhype Demidov please. I think it's fair to expect that he can be a regular All Star and ultimately an elite player in the NHL. Top 10 player would be crazy if one day he's there. But, I think we can hope for him to be a similar impact player as Kaprizov or so. Stutzle is a great comparison in terms of what we hope he can become offensively, but he can bring so much more than Stutzle IMO.

Hey! That's just a question. I don't said that he is generational. But his hands and offensive IQ looks 100% generational. That's mean a generational player? No.

But Kaprizov or Stutzle impact is realistic impact for a talent like him!

Reactions: Jabba11

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Hey! That's just a question. I don't said that he is generational. But his hands and offensive IQ looks 100% generational. That's mean a generational player? No.

But Kaprizov or Stutzle impact is realistic impact for a talent like him!
hahahaha no I know! But, a poster did say something I like "If we can't hype Demidov as fans, then we can never hype any other players" something like that.

I really am ecstatic we have Demidov. I still can't believe he fell to us. I want to skip this year and be in 2026 to see him in the NHL hahahaha

Reactions: BLONG7

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
hahahaha no I know! But, a poster did say something I like "If we can't hype Demidov as fans, then we can never hype any other players" something like that.

I really am ecstatic we have Demidov. I still can't believe he fell to us. I want to skip this year and be in 2026 to see him in the NHL hahahaha

Oh ok!

But yeah, having a talent like Demidov at 5 is unreal. Like Flyers last year with Mickov, that’s unreal to grab talent like that at 7.

Michkov and Demidov, only talent they are #2 in their respective draft.

Demidov and Michkov have some threats of generational player. But they are both not generational.

McDavid is generational.

Bedard isn't, but he is the only who can between the recents picks.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Generational players:

Howe
Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
Lindros
Crosby
Mcdavid

Lindros career was not Generational because of his concussions at early age but Lindros between 16 and 24 years old was a generational talent and physique

I would not put Ovy as generational...he is a generational scorer but unlike the list above..all those players made players around them better as well.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Guys, do you think Demidov is a generationnal talent?
In Habs terms, yes. In league terms, I think he has all the physical tools and seemingly mental ones too. It also depends on the talent he’s surrounded with. If he’s playing big minutes and given opportunities he can be an elite NHL player. I don’t think he’s Crosby/McDavid level but I think he can be a 100+ point player and carry a franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad