Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Well we don’t really know that yet. Certainly top two in this draft.

He went 5th overall. Using the word generational with Demidov makes 0 sense whatsoever. If Demidov is to be considered generational or potential generational, then all of Bedard, Michkov, Stutzle, Jack Hughes, Smith, etc. are as well...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He went 5th overall. Using the word generational with Demidov makes 0 sense whatsoever. If Demidov is to be considered generational or potential generational, then all of Bedard, Michkov, Stutzle, Jack Hughes, Smith, etc. are as well...
He’s was picked at 5 but ranked 2nd. I never said he was a generational league wide player.
As far as the Habs are concerned, he has the potential to be the best player in multiple generations.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Generational players:

Howe
Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
Lindros
Crosby
Mcdavid

Lindros career was not Generational because of his concussions at early age but Lindros between 16 and 24 years old was a generational talent and physique

I would not put Ovy as generational...he is a generational scorer but unlike the list above..all those players made players around them better as well.
you are missing a few Habs in that list...like 5 or 6 and they were all better than Lindros

Reactions: Troyp and Kojo

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He’s was picked at 5 but ranked 2nd. I never said he was a generational league wide player.
As far as the Habs are concerned, he has the potential to be the best player in multiple generations.

Sure, but words like generational, superstar, elite, etc. are used in relation to the league, not to the team.

Reactions: ElQuebecois

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
you are missing a few Habs in that list...like 5 or 6 and they were all better than Lindros
Mtl never had a generational player..never.

Lafleur was an elite player but not generational. Lafleur was an average player past 29 years old.

Look the stats of Lemieux and Wayne past their prime...Lafleur in not on that level at all..

Look at Crosby..what he does at 36.

You are righe about Lindros.. Lindros was a generational prospect and he had an awesome start of his career but not long enough.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

Lafleur was an elite player but not generational. Lafleur was an average player past 29 years old.

Look the stats of Lemieux and Wayne past their prime...Lafleur in not on that level at all..

You are righe about Lindros.. Lindros was a generational prospect and he had an awesome start of his career but not long enough.

I think you could argue Rocket Richard was generational. Guy is a tougher call, while Lafleur's peak plateaued at a relatively younger age, there was a six year period where he was undoubtedly the best player in hockey.

Also Patrick Roy literally revolutionized the way goaltenders played after his arrival. Does this make him generational? Tough to say, I doubt it, but he made a huge impact on the sport.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think you could argue Rocket Richard was generational. Guy is a tougher call, while Lafleur's peak plateaued at a relatively younger age, there was a six year period where he was undoubtebly the best player in hockey.

Also Patrick Roy literally revolutionised the way goaltenders played after his arrival. Does this make him generational? Tough to say, I doubt it, but he made a huge impact on the sport.

I'd say Roy is generational. He's a top 3 goalie in the history of the sport.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Generational players:

Howe
Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
Lindros
Crosby
Mcdavid

Lindros career was not Generational because of his concussions at early age but Lindros between 16 and 24 years old was a generational talent and physique

I would not put Ovy as generational...he is a generational scorer but unlike the list above..all those players made players around them better as well.
Lindros in that list is hilarious

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

What about David Desharnais? Well, he is considered one according to Michel Therrien :sarcasm:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rahad and dauv

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015

Morenz...Richard....Belliveau...Harvey...Durnan...Lafleur...Roy...etc. Stanley Cups also count for something. When you find the perfect generationalometer you can come back and peddle your theory.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
"HUGO?" Does any other fan base constantly come up with stuff like this? The GM is Kent Hughes.
It's a two headed monster and Gorton has a presence and I'm sure a lot of the moves are discussed in length between the two. Hugo is an easy way to say Kent Hughes and Jeff Gorton. Other fan basses aren't quite as advanced in abbreviations/nick names as us so maybe not :sarcasm:

To be fair they haven't all been as good as Hugo either. I remember a time where some people were pushing for us to call kk coconut or something crazy like that 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anybody thinking about Demidov at center? He has said that he likes playing center so not sure about how that plays out. Lets say he does play center. What does your forward roster look like now?

Slaf / Demidov / Caufield
Newhook / Suzuki / Dach
Roy / Hage / Beck
Xhekaj / Kapanen / Mesar

dauv

Sep 23, 2022

Generational players:

Howe
Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
Lindros
Crosby
Mcdavid

Missing a few

Richard
Lafleur
Beliveau
Roy

very close but not generational
Bobby Hull
Marcel Dionne
Martin Brodeur
Chris Pronger
Raymond Bourque
Scott Niedermeyer
Mike Bossy

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Anybody thinking about Demidov at center? He has said that he likes playing center so not sure about how that plays out. Lets say he does play center. What does your forward roster look like now?

Newhook / Suzuki / Dach
Roy / Hage / Beck
Xhekaj / Kapanen / Mesar
Wings generally are given a bit more rope to take chances, so I’m happy to add him as a wing as I think it fits his playstyle and do like our center depth better as well.

That said, if he were to end up a superstar centerman that would obviously be best case scenario. He and Suzuki could be the envy of the league.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

We had generational...........Teams!!
This was a long long time ago as we all know.
Different eras our teams were amazing.
Lots of star power, but not necessarily generational player as per se....

We have been lacking star power for years now, and Kovalev and Price were pretty much it....

Newhook / Suzuki / Dach
Roy / Hage / Beck
Xhekaj / Kapanen / Mesar
How can you not smile with this lineup......................man o man.
Throw in our young D corps!!!

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

You can make a case that Price was a Generational talent for goaltenders.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

Yeah people need to relax about the superlatives. Generational basically means defining a generation or once in a generation. Theres only been like 5 generational players of all time. Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, and McDavid.

Even Bedard I wouldn't put up there. He's more like a Patty Kane. Will be a top 3 player every year he's in his prime but will never be the stand out best player of a generation like McDavid is, Crosby was, etc. Unfortunately for Lemieux, he played in the same era as the Greatest player of all time, but he's still generational regardless.

In my opinion, the league only has like 10ish superstars if you consider every position. Demidov has the chance at being a superstar but even if he's not and is just a tier below them, that's fine because teams like Florida or Vegas win without superstars whereas Colorado won with 2.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Lolwhat

Blasphemy, feel shame.

1000004834.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad