Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
So what do we do if he starts the season in Laval playing C? I’m not emotionally prepared.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
So what do we do if he starts the season in Laval playing C? I’m not emotionally prepared.
People take for granted that hes starting in Laval if does sign this summer, but man the way Hughes, Lapointe and Bobrov talked about him seems to indicate that they see him as a potential contributor right away. I can totally see him coming in this year as an 18 yo and putting up 50-60pts on Dachs wing. Unless they plan on tanking one last year and want him to lead Laval to a Calder cup alongside Reinbacher, Engstrom, Farrell and Beck, I just dont see him starting in Laval.

Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Last edited:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
People take for granted that hes starting in Laval if does sign this summer, but man the way Hughes, Lapointe and Bobrov talked about him seems to indicate that they see him as a potential contributor right away. I can totally see him coming in this year as an 18 yo and putting up 50-60pts on Dachs wing. Unless they plan on tanking one last year and want him to lead Laval to a Calder cup alongside Reinbacher, Engstrom, Farrell and Beck, I just dont see him starting in Laval.
Almost none of the players he is being compared with played in the NHL at 18-years old. He needs to get stronger and faster.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
TVA Sports thinks that with Kuznetsov joining SKA it might open up an opportunity for Kent Hughes to negotiate a contract termination for Demidov.

He would basically be stuck between the KHL and MHL.

I think it a;ways been in the plan.....Kent Hughes actually said something about it:

“This season coming up, he’s under contract at St. Petersburg. If he’s playing in the KHL, that’s a great environment for him for a year…If he’s not in the KHL, we have to see what the options are…”

They don't want him in the MHL or VHL and it look like it's going to be the case cause unlike Michkov, they can't loan him to another KHL team

Next year's camp would be extremely enterntaining.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
The jump from MHL to NHL is huge. Physically and otherwise. A year of professional hockey could make all the difference in making that transition easier.

He can always start in Laval and make his way to MTL if shows he’s ready. No reason to rush him - he really doesn’t come across as a guy that’s looking to take shortcuts.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
The jump from MHL to NHL is huge. Physically and otherwise. A year of professional hockey could make all the difference in making that transition easier.

He can always start in Laval and make his way to MTL if shows he’s ready. No reason to rush him - he really doesn’t come across as a guy that’s looking to take shortcuts.
I just dont see much of a difference in terms of physical game between thr A and the NHL. The main difference is speed, execution speed and skill level, which Demidov has plenty of

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

In the little I’ve seen Demidov in the KHL, he’s much more involved in the play than Slaf was in Liiga. But I just want him in NA asap. Laval would do just fine. I don’t like that his next season is left to the whims of SKA.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
In the little I’ve seen Demidov in the KHL, he’s much more involved in the play than Slaf was in Liiga. But I just want him in NA asap. Laval would do just fine. I don’t like that his next season is left to the whims of SKA.
They're apple and orange. Slaf is a 240 lbs beast and Demidov is a 190 lbs beast.

Reactions: Vachon23

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

If he plays in the NHL this year, we shouldn't expect 50-60 pts. The jump from MHL to NHL is huge. We saw Jack Hughes go from the USHL to the NHL, and he struggled big time in his first nhl season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just dont see much of a difference in terms of physical game between thr A and the NHL. The main difference is speed, execution speed and skill level, which Demidov has plenty of

MHL isn't their AHL (I imagine that's what you mean by "their A"). It's their CHL.

Russia's version of the AHL is the VHL (the league Makar Khanin played in).

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
MHL isn't their AHL (I imagine that's what you mean by "their A"). It's their CHL.

Russia's version of the AHL is the VHL (the league Makar Khanin played in).
No I meant the AHL. Theres not much difference physically between the AHL and the NHL.

Jul 6, 2016
I hope the kid will have a fair chance to play at KHL level and nothing lower this season. He needs to play against men.

Reactions: BLONG7

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Sorry, for clarity, I’m referring to the physical demands on a player in the NHL vs MHL. The AHL can often be more predatory in terms of physical play for young players. The speed and strength required to play at the NHL level is a big step and far past what he’ll face in the AHL.

I’d prefer another year developing his skating and getting his strength/conditioning to a level where he can transition more comfortably into a top-6 role. Especially if he’s serious about being interested in playing C.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Demidov is a player oozing with skill and with a winning attitude. Whether he plays year one in the AHL or in the NHL, he’ll end up at the same place. It’s virtually impossible to flub his development in NA. I think he also eventually ends up at the same place if he spends the year in Russia but if he learns bad habits he’ll need to unlearn them and likely he’ll not learn everything he should to play in the NHL.

Reactions: BLONG7

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
The playing centre thing is interesting, but anyone else feel like his playstyle is more suited to the wing?

If by some miracle he does play in Laval this year, do they put him at C?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad