Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

1721078342794.png

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If he buys out his own contract it can happen.

he can't since his contract is under 2 years. The only way this can happen is like Michkov, if SKA feels they don't want him they can opt to let him buy out his contract. The rules are you have to do so 1 year in advance, so Michkov would have had to play in the KHL this year but would have been able to buy out the last 2 years. SKA said f*** it and cut him lose but that almost never happens with Russian prospects leaving for NHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

.24 GA/GP is crazy, and as Grant mentions, it's not just a product of a strong team D.

For those who have watched him more than just online highlights, what is it that he does well away from the puck and in the D zone?

nothing, he's not really that good defensively, he's much better then say Caufield was at 18, or Michkov or Mesar but the effort is inconsistent.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
.24 GA/GP is crazy, and as Grant mentions, it's not just a product of a strong team D.

For those who have watched him more than just online highlights, what is it that he does well away from the puck and in the D zone?
I would imagine it's a case of the best defence is a good offence.

He seems good at creating turnovers and maintaining possession along the boards so he's probably just spending most of his shifts in the offensive zone.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Demidov plays with more jam and is more implicated than many offensive stars of that age, and that's great, but it isn't more than that. He isn't a wizard defensively. He doesn't project as such either.

However, most players start putting more effort as they age defensively, so unless he keeps improving as well in that regard, he doesn't project as much better defensively than any other forward.

For example, I distinctly remember at draft time a young Tarasenko being the bulldog kind of player to a super skilled Kuznetsov from the same draft and on national teams. Both became stars, with Tarasenko with the better peak (and longevity), but Tarasenko was never particularly great defensively, despite being more tenacious than Demidov is.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Lmao @ his rule change
'Remove secondary assists that start from the defensive zone'
Wow that's so outside the box I find lol
Like that's actually...a reasonable notion
And toooootally something Kovalev would of said too lol

Now I know him a little 'too' much, thanks!
If I’m not mistaken, secondary assists aren’t counted in the KHL. Big reason why being a PPG in the KHL is a big deal

• Wow
Reactions: Tyson

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
he can't since his contract is under 2 years. The only way this can happen is like Michkov, if SKA feels they don't want him they can opt to let him buy out his contract. The rules are you have to do so 1 year in advance, so Michkov would have had to play in the KHL this year but would have been able to buy out the last 2 years. SKA said f*** it and cut him lose but that almost never happens with Russian prospects leaving for NHL.

Where do you get that you need to buy out a year in advance? There’s been changes and perhaps other regulations. What I had up till now was the following from the KHL Legal Rules:

Article 32. Early termination of the Hockey Player’s Contract at the Hockey Player’s initiative
(…)

2. In case of early termination of the Contract at the Hockey Player’s initiative (on his own volition), the Hockey Player shall perform a monetary payment in favor of the Club with which the Contract was terminated, according to the following procedure and in the following amount:

2.1 if the Hockey Player has not reached by termination of the Contract 29 years, he shall pay the Club 2/3 of the earned remuneration (fee) amount that was not paid for the period remaining until the Contract expiry;

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
nothing, he's not really that good defensively, he's much better then say Caufield was at 18, or Michkov or Mesar but the effort is inconsistent.
Isn't that a good thing? Caufield improved since and so will Demidov. Mesar shouldn't even be mentioned here, he's few tier below. And Michkov is allergic with the defensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad