Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That's an odd post coming from somebody who saw Josh Anderson never benefit from playing with Suzuki....How is it that you suddenly can find yourself to become a scorer just because you get the puck on your stick? If anybody can do that...why can't they?
So I guess what you're saying is the only way Ivan Demidov pans out as a pick, is if we draft another half dozen Demidov's?

Taking Josh Anderson's demise as a useful top 6 winger and acting like it's going to be the same fate for every player that plays in the top 6 from here on out, is again, odd.

Like, are you ever happy about anything? and sorry if that comes off harsh, but man....

We've got a really, really, really good prospect. Rejoice!

Not sure why you're trying to galaxy brain it further than that. We don't know what this team will look like in 2-3 years from now.

Trying to act as though nothing will change/evolve just flies against logic.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This knowing you are going to get what you want for Christmas in January is killing me. :rolleyes:
The Habs playing like total dog shit right now isn't helping either.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So I guess what you're saying is the only way Ivan Demidov pans out as a pick, is if we draft another half dozen Demidov's?

Taking Josh Anderson's demise as a useful top 6 winger and acting like it's going to be the same fate for every player that plays in the top 6 from here on out, is again, odd.

Like, are you ever happy about anything? and sorry if that comes off harsh, but man....

Not sure why you're trying to galaxy brain it further than that. We don't know what this team will look like in 2-3 years from now.

Specially since Anderson has never been an effective top 6 player in his career. He had one good season as a top 6 player in career which was an outlier.

Reactions: 417

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Not giving up on Slaf. But it still needs to be proven. Strangely what Slaf has proven to me is more his passing skills than his scoring one...But maybe he'll evolve into a scorer the way Pacioretty did.

That would be great if he become a scorer like Pacio. One thing for sure, Slaf is way more promising than Pacioretty as a player. Better playmaker, better hands and more physical.

So having a better looking Pacioretty with a player like Demidov, that's a potentially a deadly duo to me !

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Half of Dozen? Nah, I'm fine with just 2. Which is usually happen when you don't f*** up the first top 5 of the draft.

I will never know why you have such a hard time with people responding to your points. You said elite players make people benefit from them. Suzuki is what I consider a great player. Did he succeeded in making Anderson benefit from it? Why do you have a hard time with people responding to your exact comments? Shouldn't you hate when people move goalposts instead?

Did I say Slaf will become Anderson? No. Did I say Laine will become Anderson? No. did I say Dach will become Anderson? No. What I DO SAY about those...it's that it's unknown right now. We don't know about Slaf scoring skills. We don't know how Laine will come back and if he'll stick around. And we don't even know if Dach is a C or a winger. So those 3 are question marks. Facts. And I have some questions too.

Am I happy about anything? Yeah...the Demidov pick for starters. The Hage pick. Caufield. Suzuki. Hutson. I guess you are not around when I talk about them or you just decide to not see it.

The question I have if who when he'll be here will be able to convert him. NOT he will NEVER HAVE ANYBODY TO CONVERT WITH HIM. What it means is that in my opinion, if you stick Suzuki, Caufield and Slaf together, the best chance we have at having a goalscorer for his insane vision, is somebody who is STILL not picked yet. So yeah, if this summer we pick Martone, and next year we pick McKennan, yeah, chances are that won't be a problem....

in the meantime, the only thing we have right now: Dach, Laine, Slaf are question marks.

As far as acting like nothing can change/evolve...that's just funny. There are a few teams in this league who haven't change or evolve in 20 years. And we haven't been a true serious contending team for 20 years now despite the flukes we had over the years. So if you don't mind, I,ll wait for a couple of great years in a row before acknowledging we are evolving. It's one thing to evolve on paper. It's on the ice that counts the most.

That would be great if he become a scorer like Pacio. One thing for sure, Slaf is way more promising than Pacioretty as a player. Better playmaker, better hands and more physical.

So having a better looking Pacioretty with a player like Demidov, that's a potentially a deadly duo to me !
Pacioretty in the NCAA was seen more a passer than a scorer. Even in the USHL. And developed into a big time scorer. My hope is that it happens for Slaf too.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Specially since Anderson has never been an effective top 6 player in his career. He had one good season as a top 6 player in career which was an outlier.
Wait...so how does that work? To become succesful playing with elite players, you already have to be succesful? So what does playing with Elite players does? Be even more succesful? If we can't use Anderson....or Armia...or Newhook...or whatever to say that it doesn't prove anything, we shouldn't be able to say that Warren Young is a proof of that 'cause he became that great winger with Mario Lemieux. Or that Zach Hyman became a 50-goal scorer because of McDavid.

Demidov will need players alongside him that will be able to follow the pace. If not, what's even the point to talk about it?

Who in this team does not work well right now but would work well with Demidov? Demidov has enough talent to create plays on his own. But he will need some help. With players probably not picked yet that will have to follow his pace.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Half of Dozen? Nah, I'm fine with just 2. Which is usually happen when you don't f*** up the first top 5 of the draft.
Oilers f***d up the first top 5 of the draft repeatedly...somehow Zach Hyman scored a gazillion goals last year

Great players make others better. I know you know this, not sure why i've got to explain this to you
I will never know why you have such a hard time with people responding to your points. You said elite players make people benefit from them. Suzuki is what I consider a great player. Did he succeeded in making Anderson benefit from it? Why do you have a hard time with people responding to your exact comments? Shouldn't you hate when people move goalposts instead?
I don't have a hard time with anyone responding to my points.

You made a comment, I responded, you responded and here we are.

Your Anderson/Suzuki point and your link to Demidov make no sense though.

Is Demidov going to be playing with Anderson? What's one got to do with another?

Did I say Slaf will become Anderson? No. Did I say Laine will become Anderson? No. did I say Dach will become Anderson? No. What I DO SAY about those...it's that it's unknown right now. We don't know about Slaf scoring skills. We don't know how Laine will come back and if he'll stick around. And we don't even know if Dach is a C or a winger. So those 3 are question marks. Facts. And I have some questions too.
Mmmm k..cause I didn't say you said any of that either. But thanks for memo I guess.
Am I happy about anything? Yeah...the Demidov pick for starters. The Hage pick. Caufield. Suzuki. Hutson. I guess you are not around when I talk about them or you just decide to not see it.
Yet here you are in a Demidov thread, worrying about who Demidov is going to be able to rack up points with because Josh Anderson couldn't score 20 goals playing with Nick Suzuki last year (for a portion of the year).

That's happy?
The question I have if who when he'll be here will be able to convert him. NOT he will NEVER HAVE ANYBODY TO CONVERT WITH HIM. What it means is that in my opinion, if you stick Suzuki, Caufield and Slaf together, the best chance we have at having a goalscorer for his insane vision, is somebody who is STILL not picked yet. So yeah, if this summer we pick Martone, and next year we pick McKennan, yeah, chances are that won't be a problem....

in the meantime, the only thing we have right now: Dach, Laine, Slaf are question marks.
Even Demidov is a question mark...so i'm just not sure i'm getting your point other than you just being an alarmist.
As far as acting like nothing can change/evolve...that's just funny. There are a few teams in this league who haven't change or evolve in 20 years. And we haven't been a true serious contending team for 20 years now despite the flukes we had over the years. So if you don't mind, I,ll wait for a couple of great years in a row before acknowledging we are evolving. It's one thing to evolve on paper. It's on the ice that counts the most.
I didn't speak about the team evolving, we were talking about individual players.

So maybe I have "a hard time" with people responding to my posts, because as you just demonstrate, they deviate into other shit that's completely irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

As for the rest of your point, you can wait or not wait...doesn't change anything. For all you know Emil Heineman is a 25 goal scorer in 2-3 years from now. Or the Patrik Laine is a 40+ goal scorer, or Demidov is a total bust.

But I suppose if you wanna bite your nails until then, that's also your prerogative.

"We never draft high end prospects"

Team drafts high end prospect

"we don't have anyone to play him with"

Is this a real thing? lol

If Nick Suzuki found a way to score 77 points last year on THIS team...i'm fairly confident Demidov will find a way to rack up some points too.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Oilers f***d up the first top 5 of the draft repeatedly...somehow Zach Hyman scored a gazillion goals last year. Great players make others better. I know you know this, not sure why i've got to explain this to you

I don't have a hard time with anyone responding to my points. You made a comment, I responded, you responded and here we are. Your Anderson/Suzuki point and your link to Demidov make no sense though. Is Demidov going to be playing with Anderson? What's one got to do with another?

I didn't speak about the team evolving, we were talking about individual players. So maybe I have "a hard time" with people responding to my posts, because as you just demonstrate, they deviate into other shit that's completely irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

As for the rest of your point, you can wait or not wait...doesn't change anything. For all you know Emil Heineman is a 25 goal scorer in 2-3 years from now. Or the Patrik Laine is a 40+ goal scorer, or Demidov is a total bust.

But I suppose if you wanna bite your nails until then, that's also your prerogative. "We never draft high end prospects". Team drafts high end prospect. "we don't have anyone to play him with"

Is this a real thing? lol
Deviating into shit that's irrelevalnt...you mean like comparing our situation to Hyman benefitting from Conor freakin McDavid? lol. by the way, how's Hyman this year? My pool tells you he sucks balls and I got fooled by an accidental year....

by the way, again, I'm talking the Habs. And what we will most likely have NEXT YEAR when Demidov comes in. Your response what not about Demidov it was about great players benefit other players. A general comment. To that general comment I answered by a specific example of Anderson not benefitting from Suzuki so that I don't entirely believe in that point of view of yours.

And yes, it's a real thing to not surround your great players with other great players. You should know it. WE had the best goalie in the world and still wasn't a contending team.

Demidov is great but will need great playres on his line. Not even sure how it's a controversial opinion...lolll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad