Toffoli - 6 mil - 3 years

Blackwell - 1.4 mil - 1 year

Free Agent Signings - Defensemen

Ekman-Larsson - 4 mil - 2 years

Myers - 4 mil - 2 years

Free Agent Signing - Goalie

Lankinen - 3 mil - 2 years

Total Cap = 86.5 (give or take)

- This will give Bedard some much needed help with the additions of Teuvo, Toffoli and Debrusk.

- There's no crazy term for contracts except for Debrusk who will be 34 in the final year.

- Ekman-Larsson stabilizes the 2nd pair and can kill penalties.

- Myers stabilizes the 3rd pair and can kill penalties.

- Lankinen is a NHL back up. He's signed short term and can play 30ish games.

Contracts coming off the books in 1 year

Hall = 6 mil

AA = 4.25 mil

Donato = 2 mil

McCabe = 2 mil (dead cap)

Bailey = 1.16 (buyout)

= 15.61 mil

Contracts coming off the books in 2 years

Foligno = 4.5 mil

Dickinson - 4.25 mil

Murphy - 4.4 mil

Ekman-Larsson - 4 mil

Myers - 4 mil

Lankinen - 3 mil

= 24.15 mil

This opens up room for McDavid when he signs with us in 2 years.:eek3::eek3::eek3:
OEL = LOL
Because
He’s not better than EDM now.

And what’s everyone’s love affair with Teravainen?

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Gudbranson was OK last year and supplies some toughness----something completely missing fromthe Hawks blueline to-be. No to Debrusk, no to Teravainen, no to Laine unless you can get great bargains. Tanner Jeannot would be a great add to Bedard and some skilled forward. Dakota Joshua would be the top priority.....they have to start creating that identity THIS YEAR.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Gudbranson was OK last year and supplies some toughness----something completely missing fromthe Hawks blueline to-be. No to Debrusk, no to Teravainen, no to Laine unless you can get great bargains. Tanner Jeannot would be a great add to Bedard and some skilled forward. Dakota Joshua would be the top priority.....they have to start creating that identity THIS YEAR.
The identity is already decided. Fast small skilled forwards in front of giant mobile defensemen. We will not punish you, we will outskate you and make you looks dumb. , trying to force a hard identity in the forward group with jeannot or Joshua is kind of useless at this point.they will make too much money to be good value on a grindy 3rd/4th line

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I have said it before, but Kulikov should be our FA target on D

Perfect vet 3rd pairing partner for kid like EDM or Kaiser

Likely will be too costly to retain by Panthers

Give him a 2 yr. deal, would be nice to have around for Demidov or Levshunov as well potentially for 2025-26 season

Reactions: Muffinalt

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
OEL = LOL
Because
He’s not better than EDM now.

And what’s everyone’s love affair with Teravainen?

OEL is playing 18 mins a night for a team playing for the Stanley Cup. He is 100% better than EDM right now. I wouldn't bring in anyone on the left side though. This team doesn't need to "stabilize" their D core. They need to see how some of these LHD perform at the NHL. Blocking EDM, Kaiser, Korchinski, Allan, etc. doesn't make sense.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Well, depends who's there.

I know a handful of posters here that would be doing backflips if Catton slipped to 15, and all Chicago had to do was take on Holl.

If the hypothetical player falling is Catton, I'd make that deal. But I see little chance of that happening.

Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Buium, Silayev, Catton, Iginla, Sennecke, Parekh, Lindstrom, Helenius, Yakemchuk.

Regardless of how you rank them, those players seem to be the likely players that will comprise the first 12 off the board. Maybe Eiserman gets in there or maybe Solberg with his late rise but I don't see any of those 12 getting to 15 realistically.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If the hypothetical player falling is Catton, I'd make that deal. But I see little chance of that happening.

Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Buium, Silayev, Catton, Iginla, Sennecke, Parekh, Lindstrom, Helenius, Yakemchuk.

Regardless of how you rank them, those players seem to be the likely players that will comprise the first 12 off the board. Maybe Eiserman gets in there or maybe Solberg with his late rise but I don't see any of those 12 getting to 15 realistically.
People say that every year.

2023: Barlow and Moore fell to 18 and 19.
2022: Lekkerimaki and Kemell fell to 15 and 17.
2021: Wallstedt and Lysell fell to 20 and 21.
2020: Mercer fell to 18.

List goes on.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
People say that every year.

2023: Barlow and Moore fell to 18 and 19.
2022: Lekkerimaki and Kemell fell to 15 and 17.
2021: Wallstedt and Lysell fell to 20 and 21.
2020: Mercer fell to 18.

List goes on.

Tough to really say you "fell" when you were ranked in the early teens and went in the late teens. Luchanko could go 20th or maybe he goes 13th. Who knows. He's in that next tier after the group I listed, IMO. I wouldn't consider him going anywhere in that range a fall or a jump.

If someone like Catton is going to fall to 15, it means 3 other players broke into the top-12. I don't see many likely candidates, outside of Eiserman or Solberg. Connelly seems poised for a slip. There aren't a ton of European players projected to go around the top-15, oustide of MNB and Solberg. Jiricek is a bit of a wild card, but will likely go outside of the top-15.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I'm not a Necas guy but worrying about cap and late firsts and 2nds is a waste of time.

Going to be plenty of pieces to help offload a bad contract if needed in a few years and late firsts and 2nds just aren't that valuable...especially when there are a bunch of extra ones floating around.

Necas shoots more often and better than most of the other options, that's definitely worth more to the group even if his production doesn't match the cost to acquire him. Most of the other options aren't going to get them playing much better imo.
And you don't think the Hawks can acquire a free agent that is a similar caliber of player, without spending that draft capital and that kind of cap hit?

Teuvo won't cost 7.5m for 7 years, won't cost you a 1st and 2nd, and will provide similar production, and better defensive play.

There are a ton of guys out there who can provide you 50-60 points, won't cost you a 1st and 2nd, and won't command 7.5m+ for the next 7 years...
Teuvo is a small perimeter player. I don’t get everyone being infatuated with him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Interesting name out there is Jacob Bernard-Docker

Sens GM appears to want to move on from him and I assume he doesn't fit what Travis Green wants from a dman. Sens GM is offering his name up around league. He is left over from old regime, so he has no attachment to him

23 yrs old, RD
72 GP
4 G
10 A
14 pts
15:42 TOI (1:27 SH)
156 blocks
62 hits

Signed to one-way deal and would have to go thru waivers if sent down to start year so Sens are probably looking for pick/prospect/player because they expect to lose him on waivers if they try to send him down

Sounds like good buy low here for our 3rd pairing RD spot next season

If he doesn't work out he is RFA next summer and Hawks can move on

Maybe JBD for Raddysh RFA rights + Hawks 2024 6th round pick (#163) would be of interest to Sens

Last edited:
Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Holl to flip 15 for 18 is a complete nonstarter. I know the cap went up and dumps may not bring back as much as they have the last couple of years. But there is still a limited supply of teams with space and the financial willingness to take dumps and way more teams that want to dump a contract or two. In no world is taking on 2 years of Holl for a 3rd round pick (the equivalent of this pick swap) fair value. Detroit would need to add a '25 or '26 2nd or maybe Berggren to that swap of picks or make it 34 for 15 with the Hawks adding a 2nd/B prospect. The net value of taking Holl needs be a mid to early 2nd and not a 3rd unless there is something utterly earth shattering at 15....Maybe Yachemchuk falling especially if we went Demidov at 2.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Would we really expect Bedard and Demidov on the same line? I’d say they would each carry their own lines ideally
Agreed. They’re both puck dominant players. Panarin and Kane were brilliant together, but it’s no coincidence that Panarin really took off once he was traded and became the primary puck handler on his line.

I think Nazar would actually be the ideal center for Demidov. He’s stylistically very similar to guys like Point and Trocheck, who have had a ton of success centering guys who are stylistically comparable to Demidov (Kucherov, Panarin)

Reactions: Muffinalt

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
What have you seen from Jeannot over the last couple years? Had hopes for him in NASH but he's been a huge disappointment since going to TB. Looks slow with heavy feet and consistently way behind the play. And TB has given him every chance to find a role.

Holl to flip 15 for 18 is a complete nonstarter. I know the cap went up and dumps may not bring back as much as they have the last couple of years. But there is still a limited supply of teams with space and the financial willingness to take dumps and way more teams that want to dump a contract or two. In no world is taking on 2 years of Holl for a 3rd round pick (the equivalent of this pick swap) fair value. Detroit would need to add a '25 or '26 2nd or maybe Berggren to that swap of picks or make it 34 for 15 with the Hawks adding a 2nd/B prospect. The net value of taking Holl needs be a mid to early 2nd and not a 3rd unless there is something utterly earth shattering at 15....Maybe Yachemchuk falling especially if we went Demidov at 2.
IMO you way underestimate the cost of moving up. No way the this draft the Hawks could move up from 18 to 15 for a 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad