2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
While you were kidding, it's still a decent idea to make a couple moves in the final week of the season to set yourself up for the playoffs if you've clinched a spot. I dropped Stephenson (had been with me all year) and Duchene (a good player with a decent ranking) for Compher/Foegele on Sunday solely to get guys who played on the off days (M/W/F/Sun) this week.
For sure...games played (and the days those games fall in) is always a big factor in waiver adds...we're getting into the nitty gritty and a shrewd pick or two can make a big difference.

Reactions: ArtursSilovsShirt

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I was just thinking about how we could maybe keep teams who don't make the playoffs still be involved/invested in the end of the season games...could the consolation games be used to determine lottery placement? If you win the consolation round it can maybe boost your lottery odds for winning the 1st overall pick? Not sure how to make it work, but it might keep people playing harder and ensuring lineups get set if they aren't assured of bettering their odds of the #1 pick by simply tanking out the last few weeks. Thoughts?

Edit: it could look like this...

Lottery odds

12th place - 26%
11th place - 18%
10th place - 12%
9th place - 8%
8th place - 5%
7th place - 1%

Consolation Bracket Winner adds 30% to base lottery odds
I would suppot something like this. Go 20% for consolation winner and 10% for finals loser instead though to spread it out a bit amd give more teams an incentive.

Would give me a few more weeks of interest!

Reactions: Canucker

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Interesting idea. If every week were meant to be meaningful in the consolation rounds, I'd give % to even the 5th place consolation game. Possibly a 70/30 split.

Regular season standings
30% - 12th
18% - 11th
10% - 10th
6% - 9th
4% - 8th
2% - 7th

Consolation rankings
12% - Consolation winner
8% - 2nd
5% - 3rd
3% - 4th
2% - 5th
0% - 6th

Random % allocation here, but definitely up for discussion. Have to keep in mind we may have weaker teams that do finish bottom and not "tanking" teams, which would be a disadvantage for them in the consolation playoffs.
In the Championships bracket 3rd/4th place do have some sort of meaning with a medal finish, how do we make a 5th/6th game meaningful?

In the example above if the higher seed teams win every matchup we'd have this as the final allocation
7th+Consolation winner = 14%
8th+Consolation runnerup = 12%
9th+Consolation 3rd = 11%
10th+ Consolation 4th = 13%
11th+Consolation 5th = 20%
12th+Consolation 6th = 30%
I'm not exactly sure I like this spread but how do we help teams in 8th/9th spot in these splits and keep them engaged?

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Interesting idea. If every week were meant to be meaningful in the consolation rounds, I'd give % to even the 5th place consolation game. Possibly a 70/30 split.

Regular season standings
30% - 12th
18% - 11th
10% - 10th
6% - 9th
4% - 8th
2% - 7th

Consolation rankings
12% - Consolation winner
8% - 2nd
5% - 3rd
3% - 4th
2% - 5th
0% - 6th

Random % allocation here, but definitely up for discussion. Have to keep in mind we may have weaker teams that do finish bottom and not "tanking" teams, which would be a disadvantage for them in the consolation playoffs.
In the Championships bracket 3rd/4th place do have some sort of meaning with a medal finish, how do we make a 5th/6th game meaningful?

In the example above if the higher seed teams win every matchup we'd have this as the final allocation
7th+Consolation winner = 14%
8th+Consolation runnerup = 12%
9th+Consolation 3rd = 11%
10th+ Consolation 4th = 13%
11th+Consolation 5th = 20%
12th+Consolation 6th = 30%
I'm not exactly sure I like this spread but how do we help teams in 8th/9th spot in these splits and keep them engaged?
The other option is expanding to an 8 team playoff.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I f***ing hate this man, I picked the absolute worst week ever to have the worst goaltending, worst offensive production, worst everything, injuries up the ass, so annoying.

It’s over, try again next year with no draft picks, can’t wait.

I’m the leafs

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I f***ing hate this man, I picked the absolute worst week ever to have the worst goaltending, worst offensive production, worst everything, injuries up the ass, so annoying.

I’m the leafs
Easy to flip 3 cats. You just need to find some points.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Easy to flip 3 cats. You just need to find some points.
Stop being reasonable, I’m tilted :(
Not to mention, I had a ton of centers, so I grabbed wingers, and now Robert Thomas, who is playing a ton this week, is sick.

f*** me

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Not to mention, I had a ton of centers, so I grabbed wingers, and now Robert Thomas, who is playing a ton this week, is sick.

f***
If you look closely at the stats and who playing whim. Only 1 stat is safe of mine

archangel2

May 19, 2019

f*** me
Just looked at everything. And you can still catch me in all categories. I read TO could get Sam's back on Sunday.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
My prediction--it will come down to Sunday between me and Luc--I got off to a great start--but he has eaten away at it quickly

archangel2

May 19, 2019
After jumping out to a huge lead--this is how tight I am in with LB

Cats I am winning

Goals 9-8
Assist 24-13
PTs 32-21
PP 10-4
SOG 97-89
Block 26-25

Those above 6 categories could swap on a dime

The biggest wild card is in net
I was going to bench my guys but I realize now that TB goalies throws a good game-he may not win but if he knocks up the save % and GAA? two stats there can flip--the only category I think I am safe with is wins

I am keeping one player swap open cause I think it will come down to sunday games and I think I will need to do something to make sure I get some more stats--sacrificing next week for one day

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Ugh…hanging out with my nephews today and forgot to swap in Korpisalo. Not sure any of my other goalies are gonna start, let alone two of them. Matchup looks lopsided right now but easy got categories to flip, that could be a disastrous mistake.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Ugh…hanging out with my nephews today and forgot to swap in Korpisalo. Not sure any of my other goalies are gonna start, let alone two of them. Matchup looks lopsided right now but easy got categories to flip, that could be a disastrous mistake.
I am in the same boot--10-3 but all about 2 stats can be flipped on a dime

archangel2

May 19, 2019

I’m the leafs
I think I do not draft till the 6th round

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Anyone can beat anyone on any given week...Lady Luck is a fickle mistress.
yeah--but you got a real good balance of team and lucked out on the waiver wire(I can still defend the dropping of Cozens. I was fighting to win week to week and could not afford to have players playing 2 games a week for multiple week

Reactions: Canucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad