2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Just unlucky scheduling, but you also haven't got all of your lineups set for later in the week...still going to be a heavy disadvantage for you tho...archangel still hasn't used any player swaps yet either.
Huh? yes i do?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m sorry for coming off as salty, but I feel unlucky is a massive understatement, and with all the extra categories, I don’t think it’s even possible for me to win going into the week.

Or, maybe the only reason I’m whining, is because I’m so rarely in the playoffs begin with lmao

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I’m sorry for coming off as salty, but I feel unlucky is a massive understatement, and with all the extra categories, I don’t think it’s even possible for me to win going into the week.

Or, maybe the only reason I’m whining, is because I’m so rarely in the playoffs begin with lmao

It's entirely possible, just requires more luck...I know I'd be annoyed if it were me, but what can you do? Other than completely design your team around the schedule. lol...if i were you I'd be annoyed that I missed out on the bye that CRD got due to Fedz not setting his lineups for a couple days....you'd probably be sitting in the clear right now.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I was just thinking about how we could maybe keep teams who don't make the playoffs still be involved/invested in the end of the season games...could the consolation games be used to determine lottery placement? If you win the consolation round it can maybe boost your lottery odds for winning the 1st overall pick? Not sure how to make it work, but it might keep people playing harder and ensuring lineups get set if they aren't assured of bettering their odds of the #1 pick by simply tanking out the last few weeks. Thoughts?

Edit: it could look like this...

Lottery odds

12th place - 26%
11th place - 18%
10th place - 12%
9th place - 8%
8th place - 5%
7th place - 1%

Consolation Bracket Winner adds 30% to base lottery odds

Last edited:

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I was just thinking about how we could maybe keep teams who don't make the playoffs still be involved/invested in the end of the season games...could the consolation games be used to determine lottery placement? If you win the consolation round it can maybe boost your lottery odds for winning the 1st overall pick? Not sure how to make it work, but it might keep people playing harder and ensuring lineups get set if they aren't assured of bettering their odds of the #1 pick by simply tanking out the last few weeks. Thoughts?

Edit: it could look like this...

Lottery odds

12th place - 26%
11th place - 18%
10th place - 12%
9th place - 8%
8th place - 5%
7th place - 1%

Consolation Bracket Winner adds 30% to base lottery odds
I like that--No matter how bad my team is--I play to win--Not all managers are like me

archangel2

May 19, 2019
It's entirely possible, just requires more luck...I know I'd be annoyed if it were me, but what can you do? Other than completely design your team around the schedule. lol...if i were you I'd be annoyed that I missed out on the bye that CRD got due to Fedz not setting his lineups for a couple days....you'd probably be sitting in the clear right now.
Playing me? The king of the collapse!

While I do not think you can catch me in met...all other positions are in play. Sunday will be a big day

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Building a team around the schedule? What kind of mad man would do that?

If someone did that the fatal flaw would be exposed in the last 2 weeks of the season

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
While you were kidding, it's still a decent idea to make a couple moves in the final week of the season to set yourself up for the playoffs if you've clinched a spot. I dropped Stephenson (had been with me all year) and Duchene (a good player with a decent ranking) for Compher/Foegele on Sunday solely to get guys who played on the off days (M/W/F/Sun) this week.

Reactions: Canucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad