Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Hopefully not.

I think we are close to finding out though. If the young prospect core get shipped out / are not developing well (Domi, Duclair, Strome, Galchenyuk) than we're in trouble.
Galchenyuk? He was drafted by Montreal and was 25 by the time he got to AZ. Are you thinking of Hayton?

Regardless, what happened in Arizona is they just drafted the wrong players continuously. I don’t think it was poor development/culture like Buffalo necessarily.

Strome over Marner
Hayton over Quinn Hughes
Soderstrom over Boldy

Those are laughably bad picks

If Carlsson, McTavish, Sennecke turn out to be picks like that then OFC we will be in trouble no matter what

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Galchenyuk? He was drafted by Montreal and was 25 by the time he got to AZ. Are you thinking of Hayton?

Regardless, what happened in Arizona is they just drafted the wrong players continuously. I don’t think it was poor development/culture like Buffalo necessarily.

Strome over Marner
Hayton over Quinn Hughes
Soderstrom over Boldy

Those are laughably bad picks

If Carlsson, McTavish, Sennecke turn out to be picks like that then OFC we will be in trouble no matter what
And they traded up to select Soda-pop-strom with their GM boasting that they had him as #3 in their draft list ahead of all the good players. I think that was the same GM who got caught with illegal combine and they forfeited a draft pick and he was fired or resigned ?

Reactions: Kalv and 12ozPapa

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Not sure we can ever truly become Buffalo/Arizona, as I think their location plays at least a fairly significant role in players not wanting to go there.

We can be bad but there will always be some players who are fine with being on a bad team and living by the beach, even if every free agent isn't clamoring to come here.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I still feel like Pat is going after Necas or Laine (more likely the former), but if nothing else happens I wouldn't hate him giving a "sure why not" 1yr deal to Pacioretty to add some veteran insulation to the middle 6 and then flipping him at the TDL if necessary. Worst case he'd probably be on LTIR.

Reactions: Son of Gib

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I still feel like Pat is going after Necas or Laine (more likely the former), but if nothing else happens I wouldn't hate him giving a "sure why not" 1yr deal to Pacioretty to add some veteran insulation to the middle 6 and then flipping him at the TDL if necessary. Worst case he'd probably be on LTIR.
I will say adding another forward without moving one out pushes Fabbri to the 4th line most likely. I'm not sure if Necas really makes sense. The guy wants to play center and we're already heavy there.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I will say adding another forward without moving one out pushes Fabbri to the 4th line most likely. I'm not sure if Necas really makes sense. The guy wants to play center and we're already heavy there.
I can see Vatrano being traded easily. I doubt we will be excited at the price tag to extend him.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

We may move one of our centers (Mac or Zegras) in the trade if Necas is dead set on playing center.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
not a fan of moving either Mac or Zegras for Necas. why give up younger, cheaper asset you drafted for a guy who is only moderately better than the guys your moving out?

I'm just listing the possibility that we may have to give up one of our centers to acquire Necas, for those who want to acquire Necas. I'd rather not since we're lacking a lot of talent to pull us out of the dweller, or rather waiting on a lot to pan out.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Trading Vatrano doesn’t have to mean the team gets worse. Vancouver traded Horvat for futures and then flipped those futures for Hronek and ended up a better team for it

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad