Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Galchenyuk? He was drafted by Montreal and was 25 by the time he got to AZ. Are you thinking of Hayton?

Regardless, what happened in Arizona is they just drafted the wrong players continuously. I don’t think it was poor development/culture like Buffalo necessarily.

Strome over Marner
Hayton over Quinn Hughes
Soderstrom over Boldy

Those are laughably bad picks

If Carlsson, McTavish, Sennecke turn out to be picks like that then OFC we will be in trouble no matter what
Hard to say if it's bad drafting or just bad development.

Don't think the ducks will have to worry about that one though. McTavish, Zegras, Leo and even the ex duck Drysdale (when healthy) all look to be doing fine.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Trading Vatrano doesn’t have to mean the team gets worse. Vancouver traded Horvat for futures and then flipped those futures for Hronek and ended up a better team for it
At the trade deadline sure. I don't think that type of move is available right now.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Not sure we can ever truly become Buffalo/Arizona, as I think their location plays at least a fairly significant role in players not wanting to go there.

We can be bad but there will always be some players who are fine with being on a bad team and living by the beach, even if every free agent isn't clamoring to come here.

When I read this I thought, if Arizona is still more desirable than the Ducks, Lord help us.

John

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
c789a6abe419871912fb0bd53c62e9de_w200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Kalv

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
My best guess is that it's 31 days until the start of their prospect camp or something, so they are going to tweet a pointless message at a different team every day until then (starting with us alphabetically).
Now that is brilliant.

Instead of only having a limited number of rivalry teams hate the Avs, every team will hate them.

John

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
So im guessing this is it for the FA signings or trades for us... Only guys I can think of coming here via trades are Liane or Ekblad.. This is what PV wanted in right handed shots.. But I guess PV didn't realize it was going to be hard to get these guys to sign here.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
So im guessing this is it for the FA signings or trades for us... Only guys I can think of coming here via trades are Liane or Ekblad.. This is what PV wanted in right handed shots.. But I guess PV didn't realize it was going to be hard to get these guys to sign here.
He has been a GM/Assistant GM in the NHL since 2012. I'm sure he understands the reality of free agency...

Reactions: Rybread86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad