Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
z3oKNpu.gif

Careful here. Last time someone said something similar about the WNBA it didn't go well.
Come get me! :sarcasm:

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Is Brady Skjei really all that special? I just don't feel like the downgrade from him to Walker is all that massive. And IMO Walker should thrive in a system where his freewheeling tendencies don't get him in nearly as much trouble.

Ghost has some obvious shortcomings defensively but they now have a much more mobile, more offensively dynamic blueline. I'm curious to see what RBA does, he basically changed the team from a puck possession team that skated it to a dump-and-chase squad once Dougie Hamilton left. Now I wonder if we see them turn it back the other way. If he tries playing the same system as before, yeah, they're kinda f***ed. But if he makes the proper adjustments, they should be a playoff team at the very least.
Brady Skjei is overpaid but there's a reason he got that much money. Just a good-all around Dman that's a great #3-4.

The downgrade is really Skjei --> Ghost, Pesce ---> Walker. Who knows what Walker will show up for them but if it was the guy in the playoffs for us, that's a downgrade even with Pesce's best days potentially behind him.

Carolina and NYR have probably had the worst offseasons so far.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I saw that earlier today and it is a mess. I don't like that they combined women and men because there is no way in hell somebody called A'ja Wilson is somehow better than Ronaldinho. A sport with 240 million registered players where Ronaldinho was a top 3 player in the 2000s versus a sport with at most 800k to 1 million players based on 2023 stats I was able to find. And honestly, it's not A'ja's fault, but because ESPN went all "Disney" on us.
They left John Elway off their top 100 for the 20th Century behind even George Blanda.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Carolina is bland but they know it. The Guentzel move was an attempt to get more dynamic scoring.
Honestly, they should be front of the line when the Miko trade discussions open :sarcasm:

Reactions: Bender

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What I really got from those interviews is that the Kroenke's continue to cheap out on QOL things.
Perhaps there's some of that. But to be honest, I think it's more about the Rangers being a really top class organization (because you hear players praise them all the time for these things), not so much that the Avs are somehow bellow league average.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
McDavid barely made the top 100

lol @ 7 WNBA athletes in front of him.

Also I get that he didn't have the same superstar status in the US than he had in Canada but GSP at #76 is low. Dude revolutionized his sport.

yqco4O9.jpeg

What is their criteria for "Top"?

I legitimately can't name any WNBA players, past or present. He's behind seven?
Same here.

Espn is really pushing it hard this Summer.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I saw that earlier today and it is a mess. I don't like that they combined women and men because there is no way in hell somebody called A'ja Wilson is somehow better than Ronaldinho. A sport with 240 million registered players where Ronaldinho was a top 3 player in the 2000s versus a sport with at most 800k to 1 million players based on 2023 stats I was able to find. And honestly, it's not A'ja's fault, but because ESPN went all "Disney" on us.

It's ESPN and its surprising when someone takes lists like this seriously anymore. It's been like this for a long time.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He's asking for $10M just like Miko will ask for $13M.
He will get in the $8M just like Mikko will get in the high $11M.
Though in the case of Konecny a contract starting with 8 would seem like an overpay. If Mikko's contract starts with an 11 it's a hometown discount.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I legitimately can't name any WNBA players, past or present. He's behind seven?

Not sure if it lasts but Caitlin Clark has to be more popular than 99% of the NHL at this point. Don't know anything about the WNBA but that women is everywhere in the sports world.

List isn't surprising. Hockey gets ignored. All tho it's pretty awful across the board.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
BREAKING NEWS: ESPN does not give a f*** about hockey. It's readily apparent in their game presentation. They literally took their best PxP guy off the Stanley Cup Playoffs to call meaningless baseball games.

That said, the WNBA is enjoying a massive surge in popularity at exactly the right time. And unlike the idiots running the NHL, they appear to have people in charge who know how to market their stars properly. The infusion of hyped-up talent from this year's draft has really raised the overall profile of the league.

Most of the time these lists are made with the implicit purpose of garnering outrage, which leads to more clicks and more exposure. I wouldn't pay it much mind, but also, this is the difference between a league that actually knows how to put their brand new generational talent front and center, and a league that doesn't.

Careful here. Last time someone said something similar about the WNBA it didn't go well.
I'm guessing that someone was you, and it wasn't remotely similar.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If Angel Reese was an NHL player she'd get f***ing run at every single night with how brash and cocky she is.

Naw, she'd be a Perry/Perron type who'd welcome that sort of shit. I admire the fact that she was made into a villain by the media because she just happened to throw Clark's "U Can't See Me" thing back in her face and she just shrugged her shoulders and leaned into it.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Perhaps there's some of that. But to be honest, I think it's more about the Rangers being a really top class organization (because you hear players praise them all the time for these things), not so much that the Avs are somehow bellow league average.
I'd bet the Avs are close to below league average in quite a few areas. Not enough to deter players from signing here, but it definitely doesn't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad