Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Scoring is up and he basically doesn't play unless MacK and Rantanen are on the ice. Still has poor defensive metrics. When he's not babysat by MacK his offensive and defensive metrics make you wish for Cody Ceci.
lol I will say though that he was the only defenseman with over 60 points and 60 takeaways.

He had 90 points and 70 takeaways

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Parekh is new and shiny, no way they trade him for Makar. He could be anything, even Makar! At best they will give us a signed Robyn Regehr photo
Man, I still involuntarily wince every time someone brings Robyn up. At time I new Regehr was going to be good, but I certainly wasn't aware of Theo's struggles so I knew you had to give up good to get good. But man...Robyn was damn good. And fortunately PL was smart enough to resign someone with massive addiction issues so Fleury only ended up playing 15 regular and 18 post-season games for us. That trade was all sorts of weird. I get that Dingman was a better player, but I really liked Wade Belak and was bummed that he was involved as well. I mean a first, Corbet and Belak doesn't get us both Theo and Dingman, probalby not enough for even just Theo...but is the difference really worth the inclusion of Rene Corbet, Robyn Regehr, and a second round pick (Jarret Stoll)? Really I think this might be the second worse trade PL made, only being beaten by his obstinate nature forcing him to trade Drury.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I don´t see whats so special about Vancouver. Overperformed last season and the roster still has big holes, just look at the defense.

Hughes
Hronek
Myers
Desharnais
Juulsen
Soucy
Forbort

That defense won't contend and Demko has to bail them out again.

Reactions: davpower

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
main-qimg-7bfbdb4abc8fa114fd55f668541da5c0

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Scoring is up and he basically doesn't play unless MacK and Rantanen are on the ice. Still has poor defensive metrics. When he's not babysat by MacK his offensive and defensive metrics make you wish for Cody Ceci.
The only things that hurt his defensive metrics last I looked were his PK numbers, and I've talked ad nauseam about why I think the Avs PK sucks. Yes, his numbers take a hit when he's away from MacKinnon but I'd argue that has just as much to do with the Avs' lack of depth and overstocking on forwards who continually get lost in the defensive zone as it does MacKinnon.

And you're getting a bit melodramatic with the Cody Ceci comparisons.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Next season will be telling for Makar.

He SHOULD be on the ice at all times with one of MacKinnon/Mittelstadt.

If his numbers continue to take a massive dip away from 29, then we have some issues.

However, if he can regain his dominant form then all concern will be gone.

His defensive game was not good last year. His skating was off, too.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Next season will be telling for Makar.

He SHOULD be on the ice at all times with one of MacKinnon/Mittelstadt.

If his numbers continue to take a massive dip away from 29, then we have some issues.

However, if he can regain his dominant form then all concern will be gone.

His defensive game was not good last year. His skating was off, too.

He was most definitely not himself, but I don't buy that he's "regressing hard" either.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad