Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
No matter how much the media seem to want to show it, it's still very easy to ignore women's football here. I'd assume the same goes for women's basketball in a country with a lot more for people to spend time on.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
No matter how much the media seem to want to show it, it's still very easy to ignore women's football here. I'd assume the same goes for women's basketball in a country with a lot more for people to spend time on.

*Women’s soccer

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Not buying this for a second.

But I will say if it indeed does get done early, it's probably a good sign for us and Mikko probably will take a discount. We're still talking probably $12M. But he could easily ask for $13M+ knowing he'd get it as a UFA.
I agree that I'm not really buying it, all due respect, Montano is about the last person I'd expect to have this scoop.

Also, I fully expect it to be a stupid number like, 11,969,696 per year.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I agree that I'm not really buying it, all due respect, Montano is about the last person I'd expect to have this scoop.
I don't know why he'd make shit up. He's been literally the only guy who constantly traveled with the team last year. At the moment I don't think there's a single journalist in Denver who's closer to the team than he is.

Guerilla Sports last season had the best Avalanche coverage and he's their main guy.

Last edited:

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Not buying this for a second.

Yeah not sure why he'd sign early. He has all the leverage. Avs aren't trading him and with a rising cap he knows he'll get paid. Another year with MacK just pumping up his production. Force the Avs to offer 13 or walk to UFA.

Unless the Avs are just gonna offer him 13 right away. Makes no sense for Rantanen to sign for 12 before the season starts.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Yeah not sure why he'd sign early. He has all the leverage. Avs aren't trading him and with a rising cap he knows he'll get paid. Another year with MacK just pumping up his production. Force the Avs to offer 13 or walk to UFA.

Unless the Avs are just gonna offer him 13 right away. Makes no sense for Rantanen to sign for 12 before the season starts.
You know not all situations have to be exploited to the Nth degree.

If Mikko is happy in Denver and wants to remain teammates with Cale/Nate/Landy (and why shouldn't he?), there's no reason why he wouldn't settle on something closer to market value/more in the team's cap structure around 12M rather than hold out all year.

Especially with max term.
12M x 8 = 96M (seems like a match made in heaven)
13M x 7 = 91M

Don't f*** with happiness

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

If Mikko is happy in Denver and wants to remain teammates with Cale/Nate/Landy (and why shouldn't he?), there's no reason why he wouldn't settle on something closer to market value/more in the team's cap structure around 12M rather than hold out all year.

13M x 7 = 91M

they won't play him with Mack all season to keep the salary down

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011

13M x 7 = 91M

You could say the same about alot of contract negotiations. Just saying he basically has all the leverage. I seem to remember Rantanen being the hardest deal to get done among the top guys but I could have that wrong.

Would be awesome if he signs for 12 early on tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad