Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Bringing Perry in the first place. Employing Taylor Hall. Mrazek. Kurashev. They don’t mind questionable characters at all.
I'm not familiar with Kurashev, but the others are just asses. Huge difference between that and having a hooker OD in your hotel room.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Laine for Nuke makes too much sense. We are getting the worse player though and I can already predict frustration will flare all around here.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
What you’re not accounting for at all here is how many top picks they’ve each had. McDonnell has had a single top 10 pick with the Stars (he also won a Cup with the Wings).

Rumors are floating they are shopping to anybody who’ll listen. The Hawks answer there tells you a lot. They can afford the risk, are a rich org, need talent, and still don’t want him.
Understandable they don’t need that kind of drama around Bédard ..

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The only thing Laine for Nuke does is change a 6 year disaster into a 2 year disaster. And Nuke is the much superior player.

All things considered I'd rather take my chances with Nuke staying clean or us being able to escape his contract with zero penalties if he backslides one more time.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I would trade Nuke for Laine, no problem. Laine isn't same level headcase and has a lot less risk. The guy has personal problems but I'd imagine those are very different than what Nuke is "dealing" with (no puns intended).

If Laine finds his game, he is first level talent easily. At worst he is second line winger with one of the best shots in the game.

I'd hope that Cbj would retain 2,5M on Laine's salary though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Lmao bruh if the Jackets even uttered the words "Laine for Nichushkin" the Avs should take that deal and run.

If the Avs trade Nichushkin, I think it'll be a pure cap dump style move.
Yeah if you do the math… very hard to even keeps Nuke’s salary, let alone add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad