Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
It'd have to be one of those trades where Ottawa is allowed to talk to his agent to work out an extension before he's traded.
I just don’t see any scenario where Rantanen is willing to deal with and play for a team like Ottawa long term.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Any chance the Avs wanted to go a new direction and let him go quietly?
Won’t speak for Henchy, but I’d be somewhat surprised if that happened since he was only put in that role in, I believe, 2021. Not really a large enough sample size to really know if he was really any good.

I think we saw some things change a little bit, more swings on talent rather than what Pracey did for what seems like an eternity.

One name I’ve heard on our staff as being a “good eye” is John Funk…gotta hope like hell we keep him if that’s the case

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Even if they hire the best guy out there it's pointless if you're too cheap to hire enough scouts and/or you don't listen to them.

With that said, what is Pierre Dorion up to these days?

kiPUR3p.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I doubt it. Entirely possible, but I think this is more about family than anything else. He lives there and his oldest plays at Notre Dame.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What an utterly bizarre career move. Has to be family related and not wanting the grind of being a scout.
Won’t speak for Henchy, but I’d be somewhat surprised if that happened since he was only put in that role in, I believe, 2021. Not really a large enough sample size to really know if he was really any good.
Make of this what you will:
The organization confirmed to Colorado Hockey Now that his contract is up and was not renewed, clearing the path for him to move on. He will not be at the draft table with the team in Vegas.

Was the contract not renewed because the Avs wanted a change, or because he let them know he would want to move to a different direction...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Make of this what you will:

Was the contract not renewed because the Avs wanted a change, or because he let them know he would want to move to a different direction...

In either manner, I'm not sad to be moving on from Klip. His western Canada work didn't leave me all that impressed and his two drafts as a top guy don't scream home run.

Reactions: missionAvs

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Better yet , I would kidnap a few of the Dallas scouts. Dallas did an insane job with their draft in recent years.
Tampa won the cup though, and Stars seem to always be one step behind. I’d take Bolts scouting over Stars

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Stars have better scouts than the Bolts, but frankly both are elite. There is about zero chance, but if you could get either of Murray or McDonnell, you'd have to do it.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Tampa won the cup though, and Stars seem to always be one step behind. I’d take Bolts scouting over Stars

To be honest , i dont think there's a wrong answer between Tampa or Dallas. It's just that if you look at all the youngsters they have right now , i like dallas better . Also to think that Mavrik Bourque is in their pipeline, when he would have already played in the NHL on most teams , i like Dallas better.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
To be honest , i dont think there's a wrong answer between Tampa or Dallas. It's just that if you look at all the youngsters they have right now , i like dallas better . Also to think that Mavrik Bourque is in their pipeline, when he would have already played in the NHL on most teams , i like Dallas better.
Stars have better scouts than the Bolts, but frankly both are elite. There is about zero chance, but if you could get either of Murray or McDonnell, you'd have to do it.
I really don’t think Stars can win the cup with a main forward core of Johnston, Robertson, Hintz. That’s no where near Kucherov, Point, Stamkos level

Reactions: niwotsblessing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I really don’t think Stars can win the cup with a main forward core of Johnston and Robertson. That’s no where near Kucherov and Point level
The Stars may not win a Cup for numerous reasons, but Johnston is going to be a franchise talent at center and Robertson is plenty good enough on the wing. McDonnell's track record speaks for itself.

Cups are not how you should judge amatuer scouts though. If that was the case, we should be hiring Hepple back immediately!! (Please kill me if that happens)

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Huh, just two years and they said "nah, we're done." I mean, I'm not really bitching about it here but I find it interesting that they became that dissatisfied with him in such a short time.

In any event, if this Scott Harris guy TMV is mentioning is any good I'm all for him getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad