Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I don’t think UPL or Tkachuk are available unfortunately. UPL was one of the main reasons the Sabres had a late season push. At 25, I wouldn’t move him even with Levi in the wings. UPL is UPL, but Levi could be anything, he could even be a UPL! You know how much the Sabres want a starting goalie!
Yeah but then again - "Buffalo isn't trading for Byram - why would they even want him? That's the last position they should be trading for..." is all I kept being told over and over.

GMs (and owners) do weird things sometimes.

This is a lot of typing to explain how you play NHL 25.
I can't play it....my kids are always on it playing Fartnite :(

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Been thinking about it for a few weeks and if I was in charge of the Avs, this would be my plan :

1) Trade Georgiev

He wasn't necessarily the problem during the playoffs and aside from Game #1 vs the Jets, he was fine and at times pretty good. I don't think he stole any games though and at some point, you need your starter to be the main reason you won the game... I don't think that happened. The reason I would trade him is because of all the stuff we heard about him not getting along with some of the other guys on the team. Overall, I think the Avs need to change the mix and when you consider that there are a bunch of teams out there like the Devils and the Leafs who want to land a starter with experience, I think the Avs could do well with moving him out and going with someone else.

2) Trade FOR UPL

From what I heard during the season, the Sabres very much believe that Devon Levi is their future #1 guy and UPL is an upcoming RFA with arbitration rights. It's very possible that they want to keep him but at the same time, maybe they wouldn't mind moving on. For the Avs - this is the way they like to operate and it's fits their MO to a tee. UPL is 25 years old and not fully established as a starter but had a very good season - great season when you consider the way donnie-granatool was coaching that team. Grubauer and Georgiev were about the same age and maybe even a little more proven than UPL at that point. It's risky but you get goalie with good potential to pair with Annunen.

3) Trade Rantanen for B. Tkachuk (in before @henchman21 says the Sens aren't trading him)

I know a lot of people wouldn't want to do this but I would do it in a nanosecond. The fear that Rants gets a raise after putting in the season he did - making it thereby 'acceptable' is enough for me to want to move on from him instead of giving him a massive extension that could end up handcuffing this team in the future. I don't want to re-hash all that went wrong with the season #96 had but fans who put in the time to watch every game - know what's up as opposed to the boxscore watchers who are all like :huh: he had 104 points !!!

Besides, it's not like Brady Tkachuk is @Ceremony chopped liver... he's a pretty damn good and tough power forward. You can bet that that sack of shit jamie benn would have eaten a couple of fists after that hit on Toews if Tkachuk was on this team - doesn't mean he would have won but he would have been in there for sure. Tkachuk is younger and for the next 4 years would save us a decent amount on the cap if Rantanen was going to sign for somewhere around $11M per.

Honestly, the stage is set for CMac to trade Rantanen with all the uncertainty with the cap this summer. He could easily lock up Mitts, sign Drouin and then use the Nichushkin/Landeskog uncertainty as well as the fact that Makar is up in three years to justify moving Rantanen.

Probably won't happen but I really think that it should.

4) Re-sign Mitts & Drouin

I think both of these guys need to get signed over the next couple of weeks before free agency.

5) Sign UFAs -> Blueger, Lomberg and Hakanpaa
These are just guys I like but it could be any variety of depth players to fill out the roster. Ideally, you get a godam #4C THAT CAN WIN A f***ING FACEOFF!!!!

View attachment 881658

View attachment 881746

***This is under the premise that I believe that Nuke is going to get himself into Stage #4 sooner rather than later and his cap hit won't count for 2024/2025***

washington capitals - everyone hates you now because you're taking away our Cap Friendly !!!!!!!
I mean I don't hate it but I don't for a second think we're trading Rantanen. It'd be nice to get a goalie who wears #1.
Yeah but then again - "Buffalo isn't trading for Byram - why would they even want him? That's the last position they should be trading for..." is all I kept being told over and over.

GMs (and owners) do weird things sometimes.

I can't play it....my kids are always on it playing Fartnite :(
This however is inexcusable

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Am I missing something here? He doesn't seem that good.
He's not that good, but he's a middle pairing guy who can spot duty on a top pairing, that you can get for ~1.6m for two seasons. You're paying for the excess value on the contract.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Am I missing something here? He doesn't seem that good.
He’d be a fantastic add to the right side. He’s not like he had to be this year, but coming in to play a 2nd pair shutdown role he’d look great I’d imagine.

Edit: Idk why I was so convinced he was a righty. Ignore that part.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
San Jose can't retain salary next year, already used all their slots.
giphy.gif

San Jose finding a team to help them out there wouldn't be that hard. It isn't much money.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
He’d be a fantastic add to the right side. He’s not like he had to be this year, but coming in to play a 2nd pair shutdown role he’d look great I’d imagine.

Edit: Idk why I was so convinced he was a righty. Ignore that part.
I haven't seen much of SJ for abvious reasons, but is he really much of a shutdown guy. Stats really don't like him much.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I haven't seen much of SJ for abvious reasons, but is he really much of a shutdown guy. Stats really don't like him much.
I feel like his stats(at least according to Evolvinghockey) aren’t to bad for the situation. Just a situation where the dude clearly isn’t a 1D but put him in a depth role and he’ll look a lot better.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
His offense has more to it than the numbers would suggest, but he's a 2 way guy. Pretty good defensively even if on the smaller side.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
There is a great illustration of a roster issue... way too many wings, still.

If JD re-signs, it is probably a very clear sign that Nuke is out and it is a matter of when, not if.
The Avs draft mostly centers. Yet they only have one (MacK) of their own on the roster. The Avs trade for wingers. They have 2 of their own (Rants & Kovy)

Now bear with me...but I do believe the Avs could theoretically hit on more kids if they drafted wingers and planned on converting them to centers.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
The Avs draft mostly centers. Yet they only have one (MacK) of their own on the roster. The Avs trade for wingers. They have 2 of their own (Rants & Kovy)

Now bear with me...but I do believe the Avs could theoretically hit on more kids if they drafted wingers and planned on converting them to centers.

I mean our centres can't win face-off anyways, so why not.

Plus wingers like Landy and Mikko are already somewhat centres at times, and Kovalenko will probably follow suit.

At this point, I'm just calling them all forwards, drop the LW/RW/C

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Radek's kid?
He is.

He was taken a couple of picks before Ritchie. I think he'd be an awesome fit coming in on our right side. He's being billed as having a ceiling of of a top pair two-way dman. I've seen some clips and he's definitely promising but any kid can put together a good 30 second sizzle reel. The interviews I've seen of him though, he appears really comfortable in front of a camera and has a pretty fun personality that doesn't seemed forced.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don’t think UPL or Tkachuk are available unfortunately. UPL was one of the main reasons the Sabres had a late season push. At 25, I wouldn’t move him even with Levi in the wings. UPL is UPL, but Levi could be anything, he could even be a UPL! You know how much the Sabres want a starting goalie!
UPL + Levi reminds me of the Quick + Bernier situation in LA. Quick was suppose to be a stopgap until Bernier was ready, but Quick ended up a franchise goalie and Bernier never reached his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad