NCAA GDT: Week 4: Don't You Know What It Means to be an Orji Guy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
was in no way expecting WVU to pull that one out yesterday after the Pitt choke job. Glad to be wrong but it's probably going to take 6-7 more wins this year for Brown to keep his job from what I've heard from some connected people. The job's basically Jimbo's after this season if he wants it if the team has a 500-ish finish. The next 3 games are BRUTAL but 2 are at home. The 5 after that are all winnable, even going out to Tuscon.

Personally Hartline (dude deserves a shot at a P5 HC gig) and Dan Mullen are the two names I'd be after, but Jimbo being from Clarksburg is going to get the boosters attention.

Reactions: End of Line

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Unless they play the team up north ^

IMG_1821.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Tony Romo and DaveG

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Michigan can’t do jack shit on offense. Orji can’t throw.
It’s crazy that Sherrone Moore knew he had Will Johnson coming back and an elite D-Line and didn’t get a QB in the portal. Michigan has one of the best lines in college. They made easy work of USC up front. No issues getting to the QB. Secondary is trash but that’s on Wink. If Moore got a QB they would be one hell of a team to beat. I have zero idea what they see in Orji, this guy couldn’t read a play or defense if his life depended on it. He can’t throw, his first thought is hand it off or run with it.

It’s criminal that Moore has this D and has a RB acting like a QB. Shameful

Reactions: DaveG and GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That hasn’t changed with Deion bringing in his knock off Louis Vitton sins with him to Boulder.
Yes it has. He’s been a boon to the program. It won’t last, but it still is right now, and the TV audiences reflect that.

Saw someone today with an Eagles hoodie and Colorado hat.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Yes it has. He’s been a boon to the program. It won’t last, but it still is right now, and the TV audiences reflect that.

Saw someone today with an Eagles hoodie and Colorado hat.

Boon to the program how?

The results aren't better, he has screwed them over for the long term by not recruiting high schoolers and the only PR he does is for himself and his sons.

He will leave this year and Colorado will have not won anything, not competed for anything and been far worse off than when he came in.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Boon to the program how?

The results aren't better, he has screwed them over for the long term by not recruiting high schoolers and the only PR he does is for himself and his sons.

He will leave this year and Colorado will have not won anything, not competed for anything and been far worse off than when he came in.
I just told you

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Because some random guy wore an Eagles hat and a Colorado hat? LOL ok
Do you think Colorado/Colorado State gets a prime time spot on a broadcast network if literally anybody else was coaching?

How about Baylor/Colorado?

Here’s the secondary market for their game at UCF next week, which sounds like it will be mid afternoon on Fox

1727021089056.png

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Do you think Colorado/Colorado State gets a prime time spot on a broadcast network if literally anybody else was coaching?

How about Baylor/Colorado?

Here’s the secondary market for their game at UCF next week, which sounds like it will be mid afternoon on Fox

View attachment 908641

But that is great for the TV networks, great for Deion and his pathetic ego, but for Colorado it does nothing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
But that is great for the TV networks, great for Deion and his pathetic ego, but for Colorado it does nothing.
For Colorado it makes them money and them valuable and gives them - and their opponents - visibility. I’m not trying to tell you it’s making them a winning program, that will still need to actually happen and I don’t think it will, but it’s obvious that Deion has been a net-positive to date.

• Haha
Reactions: MM917

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
For Colorado it makes them money and them valuable and gives them - and their opponents - visibility. I’m not trying to tell you it’s making them a winning program, that will still need to actually happen and I don’t think it will, but it’s obvious that Deion has been a net-positive to date.

Makes them peanuts and for a very short time.

When you look at the long term damage that will happen in the next 5 years when the new guy is trying to recover from the lack of building Deion has done any short term positives now, which are zero, will be lost.

Had they hired a real coach, who built a quality (for Colorado) program that would have had a far bigger and better impact than Deion.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Makes them peanuts and for a very short time.

When you look at the long term damage that will happen in the next 5 years when the new guy is trying to recover from the lack of building Deion has done any short term positives now, which are zero, will be lost.

Had they hired a real coach, who built a quality (for Colorado) program that would have had a far bigger and better impact than Deion.
What long term damage? They were a dead program. They sold out season tickets, like, the day he was announced.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
What long term damage? They were a dead program. They sold out season tickets, like, the day he was announced.

They weren't a dead program though, they had one bad year because of Mel Tucker screwing them over. They weren't any worse before that then they are now under Deion.

Now for the next five years they are set up to go back to the low point because Deion hasn't done any recruiting for anything other than to set up Shadeur to put up empty stats. As pointed out already in this thread the tickets sales aren't much better than they were pre-Deion.

The fact the Deion nut huggers can't see the effects that his incompetence will bring once his son is gone shows that like Deion, you have no interest in football and only the fake PR show he is trying to create.

Maybe next Colorado can hire Taylor Swift since football seems to have no place at CU anymore.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They weren't a dead program though, they had one bad year because of Mel Tucker screwing them over. They weren't any worse before that then they are now under Deion.

Now for the next five years they are set up to go back to the low point because Deion hasn't done any recruiting for anything other than to set up Shadeur to put up empty stats. As pointed out already in this thread the tickets sales aren't much better than they were pre-Deion.

The fact the Deion nut huggers can't see the effects that his incompetence will bring once his son is gone shows that like Deion, you have no interest in football and only the fake PR show he is trying to create.

Maybe next Colorado can hire Taylor Swift since football seems to have no place at CU anymore.
They had one non-covid winning season in 19 years.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
They had one non-covid winning season in 19 years.

Nobody said they were Alabama, also not sure why the COVID season gets thrown out other than to boost you argument.

I think there is a gap between having the circus that Deion brings that screws your program over for years and being great. Sure if the level is Karl Dorrell then it doesn't matter, but there is no reason Colorado can't hire a competent coach and be a good, not great program.

With the roster Deion is leaving behind even a good coach won't be able to get them to compete around .500. That isn't good. Two non-Bowl seasons under Deion doesn't make that worth while.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nobody said they were Alabama, also not sure why the COVID season gets thrown out other than to boost you argument.

I think there is a gap between having the circus that Deion brings that screws your program over for years and being great. Sure if the level is Karl Dorrell then it doesn't matter, but there is no reason Colorado can't hire a competent coach and be a good, not great program.

With the roster Deion is leaving behind even a good coach won't be able to get them to compete around .500. That isn't good. Two non-Bowl seasons under Deion doesn't make that worth while.
Ok they were 4-2 in 2020 with no fans. You were the one complaining about rushing the field for a fan base that hasn’t had many chances to do it for the last 20 years.

Nobody did say they were Alabama. They took a calculated risk, and they’re not paying that much either. They’re not in the sphere to get a top coach, and a good hire is definitely getting poached by a bigger school. They took a huge swing.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Ok they were 4-2 in 2020 with no fans. You were the one complaining about rushing the field for a fan base that hasn’t had many chances to do it for the last 20 years.

Nobody did say they were Alabama. They took a calculated risk, and they’re not paying that much either. They’re not in the sphere to get a top coach, and a good hire is definitely getting poached by a bigger school. They took a huge swing.

I was laughing at how pathetic it was not complaining.

They took a huge swing and missed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was laughing at how pathetic it was not complaining.

They took a huge swing and missed.
And they’re still far more relevant than they would be otherwise despite the record. If you’re gonna suck, may as well make some bank.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
And they’re still far more relevant than they would be otherwise despite the record. If you’re gonna suck, may as well make some bank.

Where I disagree is that their supposed "relevance" does anything to help them. This is not resulting in them performing better on the field, marginal performance in attendance, and most importantly will have zero impact moving forward.

If this was going to result in them levelling up in either they play or long term success sure then it would be good but they are getting two years of bad football and no long term benefit.

The only people benefitting is Deion selling his brand and Shedeur being over drafted next spring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad