NCAA GDT: Week 4: Don't You Know What It Means to be an Orji Guy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Where I disagree is that their supposed "relevance" does anything to help them. This is not resulting in them performing better on the field, marginal performance in attendance, and most importantly will have zero impact moving forward.

If this was going to result in them levelling up in either they play or long term success sure then it would be good but they are getting two years of bad football and no long term benefit.

The only people benefitting is Deion selling his brand and Shedeur being over drafted next spring.
It’s helping them because they’re a draw. They ain’t firing him. At least not yet. They boost the money coming into the program, they can boost their NIL. It’s unorthodox, that’s why i was pulling for it to work. No one there is obtuse, they know the score. Last year after the Nebraska game, they already had the bowl committees after them. Didn’t work out obviously.

This is sports, but this is still the entertainment business, and entertainment is built on stars and draws.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
It’s helping them because they’re a draw. They ain’t firing him. At least not yet. They boost the money coming into the program, they can boost their NIL. It’s unorthodox, that’s why i was pulling for it to work. No one there is obtuse, they know the score. Last year after the Nebraska game, they already had the bowl committees after them. Didn’t work out obviously.

This is sports, but this is still the entertainment business, and entertainment is built on stars and draws.

I agree they aren't firing him because they have decided entertainment is more important than football. I doubt it does much for the NIL and certainly not long term when Deion leaves in the summer.

I would say sports is still built on winning. The teams that draw the most win, and Deion is not bringing any of that to Colorado, now or long term.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hiring Deion may not have been the best football decision for CU, but it was absolutely the best business decision that program could've made.

The money they'll make from this experiment might be enough to boost the program up a tier or two long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad