Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Sounds like Mike Hoffman lite

I remember Kaliyev fell at the draft and people thought the Kings were so lucky to get him this late
Yeah kinda. But they got 3 years and whatever this return is for a 2019 2nd rounder. 1 player picked after him has played more games (Hoglander) and he’s 12th in games played for the draft and 9th in goals, right after Newhook. I’d say they did pretty damn well.

Reactions: Balthazar

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah kinda. But they got 3 years and whatever this return is for a 2019 2nd rounder. 1 player picked after him has played more games (Hoglander) and he’s 12th in games played for the draft and 9th in goals, right after Newhook. I’d say they did pretty damn well.

Thanks in part to the Kings drafting in the first round that year. Brutal.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Reading the article it sounded like PLD killed his career. Seems like everything was clicking for him until he got switched to PLD.

With him being an RFA, I would suggest the Avs at least inquire, but after reading @henchman21's scouting report, I don't think we need a winger version of RyJo. Someone with all the tools and a good shot but just can't be bothered to even half-ass it.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I know we're nowhere near being able to afford him, but Jake Guentzel would be such a perfect fit on MacKinnon's wing. Those two would be magic.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
There's a main trade thread that canes might trade guentzels rights for a mud round pick. How about we up that to a 2nd+Nuke.....

:sarcasm:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I’ll get blasted for this but whatever.

Avs really need to get a legit two-way player. He’s got red flags all over him and might not fit the cap but when he’s on, Jake Debrusk is very, very good.
Does he make league minimum? Because that's all we can afford.

Last edited:

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I’ll get blasted for this but whatever.

Avs really need to get a legit two-way player. He’s got red flags all over him and might not fit the cap but when he’s on, Jake Debrusk is very, very good.
In the games that I've seen, the two way players I've liked are Raphael Harvey-Pinard and Jesse ylonen. But they aren't really top 6 guys.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I mean, if we Stone'd Gabe and just never reinstate Nuke. We're kind of swimming in cap space. But those are obviously big ifs.
The problem is the timing.

They won't likely know whether Landeskog can make a legit go at it until we are into the Summer, and most good FAs will be signed by then. That's a tough situation. If Landeskog figures out he can't do it in September (for example), the Avs get $7M in space, but could they effectively use it?

With Nichushkin, who knows? If they are going to settlement on this thing, it also has to happen relatively soon for a similar reason.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Terminate Nuke's contract with Minor penalty
Colton for kakko
Re-sign drouin
Run Ritchie as 3c
Leaves room for Gabe halfway through season

Drouin Nate Mikko
Lehky mitts kakko
Wood Ritchie LOC

• Haha
Reactions: Linds

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Terminate Nuke's contract with Minor penalty
Colton for kakko
Re-sign drouin
Run Ritchie as 3c
Leaves room for Gabe halfway through season

Drouin Nate Mikko
Lehky mitts kakko
Wood Ritchie LOC
Ahh yes trade a perfectly fine 3C for a 4th line winger and run total unknown at 3C…

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kakko is barely a NHL player at this point, should be nowhere near a 2nd line.
Lol. He's a possession monster and a pretty good player defensively, arguably one of the Rags best defensive forwards. He's a pretty good reclamation project for whoever gets him. And he might actually even remain a Ranger tbh.
Ahh yes trade a perfectly fine 3C for a 4th line winger and run total unknown at 3C…
I mean we can also trade a top-3 winger in the game for something MUCH less, and some people here actually hope that happens.

Salary cap is a thing. Ideally no-one goes, but realistically, someone is getting traded to shed the cap. Colton is pretty high on my list of guys who can go.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
If kakko could happen, imagine a line by the end of the season being Gabe mitts kakko. Then drop lehky down with Ritchie and loc.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
If kakko could happen, imagine a line by the end of the season being Gabe mitts kakko. Then drop lehky down with Ritchie and loc.
Just my two cents:

Bednar has historically played bottom 6ers as forecheckers, not skilled players. Ritchie is absolutely NOT that guy.

I could possibly see Ritchie playing on a third line between LOC and Landy. However, that only works if Bednar treat the top 3 lines all as offensive weapons.

Ultimately, Bednar simply needs to change. The Avs SHOULD have two of the premier passers in the NHL on their roster - Mitts and Drouin. This is an east-west team on paper. Bednar needs to stop trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Is there a team that has a later than us first rounder and a 2nd rounder we can trade down with? Just so we can add a couple more solid players to the system. That’s if we plan on using the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad