Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You're a presentation tool
giphy.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The LTIR changes likely won't happen until the next CBA. Hopefully it is for the better and not an offsides review situation.
It should be a simple concept. You can only ice a cap compliant roster. The team can be over the cap, but the group of players on the ice for each game must be cap a cap compliant group. Allow the coach to change players from game to game as long as each game roster is cap compliant.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It should be a simple concept. You can only ice a cap compliant roster. The team can be over the cap, but the group of players on the ice for each game must be cap a cap compliant group. Allow the coach to change players from game to game as long as each game roster is cap compliant.
Flashbacks to: "How bad can the NHL screw up an offsides challenge... either you're on or offside?"

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Fans: "we don't want to live with human error, all refs are blind and suck at calling penalties"

Also fans: "booo offside challenges are dumb and take too long"
I remember reading some out there fixes. At one time Scotty Bowman floated the idea of making the blue lines like 3 or 4 thick.

At this point, I'd actually like the AHL to do a season or block of games with off-sides turned off. I still believe that if a team is defensively responsible enough to sacrifice a guy to go cherry pick, why stop them? Without having two-line passing creating more zones it just seems completely arbitrary to draw a line and say oh, hold up here please. It's be interesting to see which way the coaches go to combat it. I wonder if it would result in a man to man system being used as a result.

Anything that takes more than 3 minutes is not worth doing.
Mr Roper Threes Company Gif Top Sellers | fnbgrayson.com

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
So it's gotta be a 8 year deal with low AAV right? Cause I don't know what other math we could do to make it work.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Personally, I think the Avs will sign Drouin to a 7 year deal to match the years left on Mack's deal and also bring down the AAV.

So something around 7 X 3.95M or something like that.
Why the f*** would Drouin sign that?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't believe for a second that Drouin would be getting 5M X 4 on the market. Not with his past and the fact that he was playing with Mack last year.

Seravalli's chart, which comes from AFP Analytics, had him at 4.5M X 4. These are numbers based on models and they don't take into account all the other stuff.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I believe Drouin could get something like ~4,5M x 4-5yrs on open market.

So let's hope he gives us a small discount. Add years if necessary.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't believe for a second that Drouin would be getting 5M X 4 on the market. Not with his past and the fact that he was playing with Mack last year.

Seravalli's chart, which comes from AFP Analytics, had him at 4.5M X 4. These are numbers based on models and they don't take into account all the other stuff.
Sure, that still doesn't mean he would be smart signing a long term deal on a low AAV. If he doesn't like what's out there, I would tell him as an agent to bet on himself on another 1 year deal. A full year playing with MacK, getting close to a PPG, and I guarantee you those bigger deals will be out there next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad