Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Honestly, with Ovechkin still there, why not? They don’t have anything to lose
They need to do whatever they can to win as much as possible while Ovy is still there. They need guys force feeding him one-timers until he can no longer skate. The guy has the chance to break Wayne's record and you must do whatever it takes to help him.

PS - This is completely a-political. This is the pursuit of greatness. I say he'd be damn close if not already done by now if not for lockouts and covid reduced seasons.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
CMac's side:

u3Nrrxj.png

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm gonna take a guess and say they will find the money for Drouin.
Looks like it but the question is how. Trade one of Girard/Colton/Manson? Gamble on Nuke not being able to come back at full cap hit in November (ie: termination/trade)?

Or...

If Landy is on LTIR, and we accrue some cap space for Nuke until november...perhaps there's enough accrued cap space to fit Drouin's 3.5M when Landy comes back (if it's late enough in the season). That's the kind of cap wizardry required.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
You can exceed the cap by 10% until the first day of the season.
Ah ok thank you. I didn’t know you can exceed during summer. Knew you had to be compliant by like right before regular season starts. That might be their best option. Really wish we (I) knew when Landeskog could be back for my ACGM duties I take very responsibly.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
The problem is the timing.

They won't likely know whether Landeskog can make a legit go at it until we are into the Summer, and most good FAs will be signed by then. That's a tough situation. If Landeskog figures out he can't do it in September (for example), the Avs get $7M in space, but could they effectively use it?

With Nichushkin, who knows? If they are going to settlement on this thing, it also has to happen relatively soon for a similar reason.
My expectations are that as long as the nuke situation is unresolved, I'd expect the Landeskog situation to remain 'murky'.

Even if he's ready to go privately, it would be in the best interest of the team to have that LTIR available. I don't see anyway around trying to build this team into a winner unless the nuke situation is resolved prior to July 1st... They'll need Lando to play ball on that front but I think he gets it.

My initial thought was that nuke was going to get himself into stage 4 at some point this summer but if stage 3 is simply 'go and do whatever you want for 6 months' I guess that's unlikely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad