Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
re·sign
[rəˈzīn]
verb
  1. voluntarily leave a job or other position:
IMG_2826.jpeg

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Random reminder that there's a universe where the Avs draft Demko in 2014 if it isn't for Roy ripping him for dancing between plays to keep himself loose.
Love Roy the player, Roy the coach was something.

His takes on players was interesting to say the least. That 2014 draft f***ed us so hard, so many reasonable choices within 10 to 15 slots after we took Bleackley at 23. Pasranak, Kempe and Demko being the standouts.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I wonder how this sits with Trotz and NSH

Resign vs re-sign

Probably not well. Also a bit strange on Saros part. He's good but doesn't have near the stats as Shesterkin. If he comes in lower than anticipated then Saros might cost himself money.

I've always found it odd when players/agents play this game of wait and see, I wonder how many times it backfires. Probably more than we think.

Reactions: Linds

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Love Roy the player, Roy the coach was something.

His takes on players was interesting to say the least. That 2014 draft f***ed us so hard, so many reasonable choices within 10 to 15 slots after we took Bleackley at 23. Pasranak, Kempe and Demko being the standouts.
I still have hope that Roy the coach has something to contribute. There was a lot to like in that first year, I just felt he went the wrong direction after that. Time will tell.

Roy the GM was a disaster though, apart from telling Pracey and the scouts to get stuffed in 2013 because they were taking MacKinnon. That entire 2014 offseason was a shitshow for all parties involves...I will never understand why Pracey was allowed to run another draft.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I still have hope that Roy the coach has something to contribute. There was a lot to like in that first year, I just felt he went the wrong direction after that. Time will tell.

Roy the GM was a disaster though, apart from telling Pracey and the scouts to get stuffed in 2013 because they were taking MacKinnon. That entire 2014 offseason was a shitshow for all parties involves...I will never understand why Pracey was allowed to run another draft.
Pretty sure Roy was the one that really pushed for Meloche and Greer in 2015. To be fair, I think both of those guys would have NHL careers if Roy was still the coach, since he actually kind of liked the goonery.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I will die on this hill. Nebraska is not the Midwest.
I will die on this other hill which is nearby to your hill: "the Midwest" is a dumb term, inaccurate, and should be called "the MidEast" (won't happen lol).

Colorado and Nebraska are in the "western central" portion of the country geographically while the entirety of the "MidWest" is actually 100% in the eastern half of the geographical area of the continental US.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Like all things, there would have been good and bad with Roy as GM. The team would have looked significantly different. We are evaluating decade old milk though, maybe it's time to just move on.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Obviously Mackinnom was the right pick, especially long term as we won a cup with him as our 1C. But Barkov also would’ve been a great pick still and Im curious how the butterfly effect would be if we picked him over Mack.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I will die on this other hill which is nearby to your hill: "the Midwest" is a dumb term, inaccurate, and should be called "the MidEast" (won't happen lol).

Colorado and Nebraska are in the "western central" portion of the country geographically while the entirety of the "MidWest" is actually 100% in the eastern half of the geographical area of the continental US.
You'll never win the geographic battle. No matter the term, it's the culture. Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and Illinois are just far different culturally than Nebraska and Kansas. Sure Nebraskans still say crick, jeet, ope... but they don't say bubbler, isch, or uffda. The Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas didn't get the same heavy industry that the Great Lakes states got (probably mostly due to the lack of those lakes) so they developed far differently. Midwest is a mixture of farming and heavy industry... where the Dakotas, Nebraska, and Kansas are where farming meets and turns into ranching. The Ranching is where the Mountain West really begins.

Reactions: Arch angel

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Wish the Avs had capspace to play around with. I'd like Pesce on the blueline, feels like he'd add a nice bit of consistency from a defensive standpoint.
He’d be nice in a vacuum, but from what I’ve heard he regressed a bit this year and with his age/play style I think there’s be a fair amount of risk bringing him in.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
You'll never win the geographic battle. No matter the term, it's the culture. Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and Illinois are just far different culturally than Nebraska and Kansas. Sure Nebraskans still say crick, jeet, ope... but they don't say bubbler, isch, or uffda. The Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas didn't get the same heavy industry that the Great Lakes states got (probably mostly due to the lack of those lakes) so they developed far differently. Midwest is a mixture of farming and heavy industry... where the Dakotas, Nebraska, and Kansas are where farming meets and turns into ranching. The Ranching is where the Mountain West really begins.
Agree with all - personal opinion is Neb/Kansas/Dakotas are not 'midwest'. I'd call them north central and also consider them distinctly different from Colorado even though I definitely say ope but have also mixed in an uffda once or twice lol though I think it's become "woof" these days.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Agree with all - personal opinion is Neb/Kansas/Dakotas are not 'midwest'. I'd call them north central and also consider them distinctly different from Colorado even though I definitely say ope but have also mixed in an uffda once or twice lol though I think it's become "woof" these days.
Colorado is kinda weird really... Sterling is basically that same Nebraska/Kansas culture, but you get anywhere near the mountains and it changes drastically. I consider anything more than 30 miles east of I25 (30 miles might even be too much in areas), completely different than anything west of there. Additionally the whole southern part of Colorado is drastically different than the North. Colorado is a weird meeting point of Mexican/Indigenous/Central European Farmers/Hippies/Tech Bros... with a sprinkling of Mormon pioneers mixed in. It feels like most other states may have a slight split here or there, but are mostly 1 or 2. Colorado is like 6 cultures colliding into each other.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So Verbeek is just gonna sit there like he is with Gibson and do nothing. I'm thinking he's going to prove to be a really shitty GM, but we'll see.
I wonder what he wants TBH. His team is packed with young players and top end prospects and he's getting another one later this month.

Judging by the local medias in the last few weeks, Montreal his more interest in Martin Necas than Zegras .
Carolina wants a goalie for him, so probably Ullmark from Boston.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I wonder what he wants TBH. His team is packed with young players and top end prospects and he's getting another one later this month.
I feel, at this point, they're driven more by optics than anything else. They just want to LOOK like they got the better end of the deal instead of facing reality and maximizing value.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
He’s got a ripper of a shot but not much else. Should go to a bad team for a 2nd line role and hammer PP goals.
I knew he has a shot, kinda why I thought he may be a fit with mitts under the right circumstances. I thought I remembered hearing about willingness to use his size but could be mistaken. Unfortunate to hear there isn’t much else there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I knew he has a shot, kinda why I thought he may be a fit with mitts under the right circumstances. I thought I remembered hearing about willingness to use his size but could be mistaken. Unfortunate to hear there isn’t much else there.
He’s lazy, floats and is a rather poor skater. I think he might eventually mature, but I kinda doubt it. He’s a great goal scorer if you can live with the flaws.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He’s lazy, floats and is a rather poor skater. I think he might eventually mature, but I kinda doubt it. He’s a great goal scorer if you can live with the flaws.
Sounds like Mike Hoffman lite

I remember Kaliyev fell at the draft and people thought the Kings were so lucky to get him this late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad