Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He's on LTIR for now at this point. Doesn't count against the cap until he finishes at least 6 months in the program. At that point, either terminate him or trade him for nothing would be the move I'd make. Or absolute worst case scenario, have someone pull a Mark Stone for a while.

I think Cogs will be back if he doesn't retire. Same with Jack Johnson. If they want to play another year, the Avs will bring them back. I do like Kylington as an option though.

Eh I dunno. I think he's a solid bottom pairing guy but don't think he's much more than that. $2M would be pretty reasonable to me.

I agree Trenin/Duhaime didn't do enough for us. But I think it was more about fit then the players themselves. Trenin has always been looked at league wide as a very good bottom 6 forward, he's likely going to get $3M+ as a UFA this summer. And we got him for just a 3rd round pick. The point is more that getting solid bottom 6 forwards is usually fairly cheap, especially compared to Top 6 guys.

I dont really agree with the Avs simply not being good enough. They ultimately lost a very close series to Dallas, they lose game 6 in 2OT. Lost games 2 and 3 by just 1 goal as well. It was a close series and they just as easily could have ended up on the winning side.

Now losing Nuke will certainly hurt a lot and if Landy cant come back at a fairly high end level, its possible they simply are no longer good enough moving forward, arguably even likely.

I didn't. Traded for him with 50% retention from Washington.

The exact trade was COL 2024 1st for Dowd(50% retained) + VGK 2024 2nd.
Barring Nuke failing out of the program, the sad fact remains that Nuke has to be activated and counting against the cap before he can be bought out, terminated or traded. We really can't touch his cap-space until then.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Yeah, I read that too. My first thought was Treliving is going to love that...
Maybe then the team can start making his life a bit harder off the ice to put pressure on his camp to reconsider . I can respect players wanting some security but at the same time you can’t hold teams hostage and besides, why stay with a team that wants to trade you anyway .

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Maybe then the team can start making his life a bit harder off the ice to put pressure on his camp to reconsider .
Like what? They can leak out some info I guess but how much does this change things from where they are now?
I can respect players wanting some security but at the same time you can’t hold teams hostage and besides, why stay with a team that wants to trade you anyway .
Then don't give out NTC:s and NMC:s. That's the position the GMs and teams put themselves into.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
How CM will deal with Nuke …:sarcasm:
1717530531683.jpeg

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah I totally get that opinion and it is probably even correct. I just don't think it is especially realistic next season. Just like trading Mikko. There is certainly merit in the discussion, we just shouldn't have any illusions of it happening.
How is he correct?

Colton only makes sense at 4M because we don't have centers. Colton on the wing at 4M would be a real bad contract for the Avs. That's Drouin money.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How is he correct?

Colton only makes sense at 4M because we don't have centers. Colton on the wing at 4M would be a real bad contract for the Avs. That's Drouin money.
He said Colton should probably be a wing and we should get a 3C, it wasn't about the cash... which is probably the more ideal course given the skill sets. It isn't realistic given the situation around it for numerous reasons. Colton is the 3C on the Avs now and next season.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It was a reply to me but I didn't get the chance to read it 😭

What was it @the_fan ?
I was saying how we were paying Burakovsky 5.5 mill when he was playing wing on the 3rd line in the playoffs in 22, but then realized that he wasn’t making that much with us, that was his new contract when he signed with Seattle. He was only making 3.2 with us.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I was saying how we were paying Burakovsky 5.5 mill when he was playing wing on the 3rd line in the playoffs in 22, but then realized that he wasn’t making that much with us, that was his new contract when he signed with Seattle. He was only making 3.2 with us.
Yea and back then Mack was making 6M, Toews 4M, Landy 5.5M, Nuke 3M, etc.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yea and back then Mack was making 6M, Toews 4M, Landy 5.5M, Nuke 3M, etc.
We had some unbelievable cheap contracts back then. We could even LTIR Landy until playoffs because he was injured late in the season, and picked up more impact players but didn’t

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We had some unbelievable cheap contracts back then. We could even LTIR Landy until playoffs because he was injured late in the season, and picked up more impact players but didn’t
I remember how Compher making 3.5M was outrageous and the cap didn't go up that much since then.

Having good contracts is so important. That's why I want Drouin, he's most likely going to outplay his next contract. Now we have a bunch of guys at market value, it's hard to win. Especially with 3 guys making superstar money and 2 others not far behind.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I remember how Compher making 3.5M was outrageous and the cap didn't go up that much since then.

Having good contracts is so important. That's why I want Drouin, he's most likely going to outplay his next contract. Now we have a bunch of guys at market value, it's hard to win. Especially with 3 guys making superstar money and 2 others not far behind.
I’m not sure Drouin will be super cheap, but should be cheaper than market. Excess value is the name of the game. When you don’t have it, it is very difficult.

Reactions: Balthazar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad