Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
No, you delete.
Delete Computer.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I’m not sure Drouin will be super cheap, but should be cheaper than market. Excess value is the name of the game. When you don’t have it, it is very difficult.
Yep and finding that with UFA's is usually borderline impossible. We gotta keep him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

And finally, Trevor Zegras trade chatter has resurfaced. Verbeek would not comment on that, but other league sources suggest the Ducks are listening on him and would consider moving him in the right deal. They’re obviously deeper up front, which is why they could afford to move him.

Listening to trade offers and deciding to pull the trigger are two different things. I would say TBD on that one …

On one hand this seems like an odd time to trade him with the season he just had but I guess if they don't believe he's someone to build around maybe they do it anyways. Either way, I doubt they'll be trading him for cheap and they'll only do it if someone who really believes in his potential makes a good offer.

Reactions: dahrougem2

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I did a quick CapFriendly last night. Bash it to your heart's content.

Three things.
1. I 100% believe there are teams in the league that would trade for Nuke, I can see Roy/Lou being one of them.
2. This entire plan has Landeskog coming back for Game 1 of the playoffs, no time sooner.
3. Avs take Zacha as a cap dump to get Lohrei, but use him as a serviceable player.

CF1.JPG
CF2.JPG
CF3.JPG

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I did a quick CapFriendly last night. Bash it to your heart's content.

Three things.
1. I 100% believe there are teams in the league that would trade for Nuke, I can see Roy/Lou being one of them.
2. This entire plan has Landeskog coming back for Game 1 of the playoffs, no time sooner.
3. Avs take Zacha as a cap dump to get Lohrei, but use him as a serviceable player.
A 60 point center @ 4.75 mil is considered a cap dump?

Inflation is rough these days.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A 60 point center @ 4.75 mil is considered a cap dump?

Inflation is rough these days.
Yeah, there are rumours that Boston might buy him out and there are others that they want to get rid of him. He had 60 points sure, but had a really rough playoff run where he was one of the main reasons why they lost (lack of production). When you're considering how great this free agent class is, they might want to get 9 million from him and Ullmark's contracts and revamp their centre depth. Colton would do wonders as he would replace DeBrusk's style of game and be in a better position, but we don't need to tell them that Ross isn't very good in the middle of the park.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If the Preds do re-sign Saros, trade Rants to them for Askarov and all the other futures
If Askarov is the best the Avs can do for a 27 year old 100 pts player, then we are f***ed. Askarov is a good prospect, but he's still a prospect. And after that what else would we get? There is literally nothing in their system or their roster that interests me. And their draft picks aren't of much interest either.

You can't trade a 100 pts player for a prospect and picks. You lose that virtually every time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We take on Zacha as a cap dump and get a 2nd for Nuke? The hell…
Nuke has no value, but teams would absolutely buy low on him and it gets Avs out of that contract without any backlash with a buyout. Plus, Zacha would be a serviceable cap dump.

We all know on here that a non-cocaine version of Nuke would probably bring back an A-tier prospect, 1st rounder, and a top calibre goaler prospect.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Do we truly know if a sober Nuke is any good at hockey?
Now that you talk about it, he sucked for a while when he came back from his suspension earlier this year. He was nowhere near the same guy who left mid-season.

Then he was good again in the playoffs.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Nuke has no value, but teams would absolutely buy low on him and it gets Avs out of that contract without any backlash with a buyout. Plus, Zacha would be a serviceable cap dump.

We all know on here that a non-cocaine version of Nuke would probably bring back an A-tier prospect, 1st rounder, and a top calibre goaler prospect.
Teams may(however unlikely it is) buy low on Nuke. But if we trade him it’s at best for like a 6/7th rounder. Zero chance we get a 2nd rounder without taking back a bad contract.

Also how in gods green earth is a 60pt C making less tha 5mil a cap dump? That’s insane to think he has negative value right now.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Teams may(however unlikely it is) buy low on Nuke. But if we trade him it’s at best for like a 6/7th rounder. Zero chance we get a 2nd rounder without taking back a bad contract.

Also how in gods green earth is a 60pt C making less tha 5mil a cap dump? That’s insane to think he has negative value right now.
He's a cap dump for Boston, not for us that is coming off a horrible playoff run. How hard is it for you to understand this? Blud, do I need to send you some Kumon gift cards? :sarcasm::D

Reactions: Alienblood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad