Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That's why I said on paper.

It's a shame to keep Colton and lose Drouin. Such a huge gap in talent (and ceiling) between those 2.

He's only signed for one more year and we can't afford to re-up him.

Heck we can't even afford the raise from Georgiev's 3.4M to Saros' 5M.
If the Nuke situation can't be sorted out during the offseason, I can see CMac having a trade lined up for Colton during the season. He'll probably lose out a bit on value but gives them the flexibility that's needed. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Buffalo again - they would like an upgrade at their #3C but aren't going to force anything.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
LTIR Landy would be the other.
Don't you remember? Landy will simultaneously not be playing and also won't be on LTIR! The team will handicap itself because Landy is selfish and a bad captain. Quite frankly I am ashamed to be a fan of a team that employs such a terrible human being as Landy.

• Love
Reactions: GeoRox89

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Don't you remember? Landy will simultaneously not be playing and also won't be on LTIR! The team will handicap itself because Landy is selfish and a bad captain. Quite frankly I am ashamed to be a fan of a team that employs such a terrible human being as Landy.
Time to update the username and post on the main boards more. It’s even funnier to watch people actually believe and agree with you

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Veteran agent Allan Walsh represents pending UFA wingers David Perron and Jonathan Drouin and indicated Monday that he expects to meet with Detroit Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman on Perron and Colorado Avalanche GM Chris MacFarland on Drouin here sometime this week.

There’s mutual interest in staying put from team and player in each case, but of course that doesn’t mean it will happen.

Obviously, Nathan MacKinnon wants his pal Drouin to stay put. The complication in Colorado is how the Avs navigate the Valeri Nichushkin situation, not to mention uncertainty with captain Gabriel Landeskog. But all things being equal, I think the Avs get Drouin signed.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If the Nuke situation can't be sorted out during the offseason, I can see CMac having a trade lined up for Colton during the season. He'll probably lose out a bit on value but gives them the flexibility that's needed. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Buffalo again - they would like an upgrade at their #3C but aren't going to force anything.
Colton has a full NTC next season

Reactions: Balthazar

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

1717468736828.png

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Other part of that LeBrun article, Marner and his camp apparently have no interest in putting together a list of teams to waive his NMC or in talking extension this offseason (as of right now).

Tavares also has no interest in waiving his NMC if he were to be approached.

So screwed.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Other part of that LeBrun article, Marner and his camp apparently have no interest in putting together a list of teams to waive his NMC or in talking extension this offseason (as of right now).

So screwed.
Yeah, I read that too. My first thought was Treliving is going to love that...

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think we get Drouin signed as well. Always felt that way. He's Macks best friend, the two have ridiculous chemistry and Drouin completely reinvented his game under Bednar this year... I bet he very much wants to stay and I have always said he'll take less money to ultimately do so.

If there's an offer for say 4x$4.5M as a UFA, I bet he stays here for $3.5-4M instead.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah... I don't know if that is a good or bad thing in this. Good in the fact that the only turbulence in the top 9/4 is basically down to Nuke/Drouin and it'll likely be one of the two (and Landy). Bad in the fact that is group wasn't able to get it done with better depth than they'll be able to afford.

IMO you want a good 4th line, you're either developing guys or paying ~1.5m for them. A good #5D should be a 2.5m spot. So I wouldn't agree that that's what they should be only paying minimum as the guys they get there are likely to be worse than average around the league. It is the reality of the situation... and likely why they'll be making 2-4 depth moves at the deadline next year.
Meh.

I dont think the Top guys are the reason we lost. You could make an argument that playing Mack/Mikko 23 minutes a night had a negative impact by the time the playoffs started. But I think a full year of Mittelatadt at 2C should help control the top guys minutes.

They can always add decent bottom 6 guys for fairly cheap at the deadline as well, as we saw last year.

Plus, a healthy LOC makes a real difference in our bottom 6.

Reactions: davalanche96

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He should come back as the 7D at best. There should be no urgency to bring him really.
I don’t even want that. There is no way they’d be able to help themselves and keep him as a 7th guy (and honestly I don’t think JJ wants to sit in the press box for long stretches either).

The writing is on the wall. Even though he’s very close to 1000 games, EJ needs to hang them up and frankly I think JJ does too.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I believe Drouin stays too for less than he could have. I remember seeing him in Montreal post game or whatever interviews he was on. He looked pale and dead inside (probably before he took his break). Seeing him in Denver was a totally different person always took time with media. He looked happy looking at him and tone of his voice was different. I'm no shrink but just my 2 cents. I doubt he wants to quit a happy environment with one of his best pal vs something unknown to him.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Where did you bury Nuke's body?
Nuke will bury himself. I dont see him getting through that 6 month without another "incident".

I really hope CMac does not keep his cap. Use it and deal with that guy in November if he really makes it back. Even if it means to trade him away for a 7th rounder.

And yes, i dont want this player to ever play another game with this team. He made his bed, he can sleep in it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Meh.

I dont think the Top guys are the reason we lost. You could make an argument that playing Mack/Mikko 23 minutes a night had a negative impact by the time the playoffs started. But I think a full year of Mittelatadt at 2C should help control the top guys minutes.

They can always add decent bottom 6 guys for fairly cheap at the deadline as well, as we saw last year.

Plus, a healthy LOC makes a real difference in our bottom 6.
The top 9 as a whole didn’t perform well enough. And I’d argue that both Trenin and Duhaime really didn’t do anything of substance for the team.

Health will always be an issue. If it isn’t LOC it will be someone else. Teams have to find ways through that to win series.

The Avs are simply not good enough today and need to get a couple steps better. Just maintaining won’t be good enough. Sliding back certainly hurt.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not really sure if Marner realizes the position he and his camp are seemingly taking... Not willing to waive, and not even willing to negotiate an extension during the offseason? Is he really ready for the shit he's going to get from the fans?

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

So screwed.

1717509555196.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad