Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Do your job
1719612268165.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Statistically they were pretty similar this year. Obviously Marino doesn't bring the physical edge Manson does, but Marino is a better transition player.
Do we really need to be trading for more transition defensemen? Makar, Toews, and Girard all transition the puck phenomenally. One of Behrens/Malinski being on the roster next year also adds to the transition game.

This team needs someone like Josh Manson. IMO, he's a better player than John Marino.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
They gave up good value for Colton then locked him up for four years. For the Avs with non core players that as much term as they ever want to go.

There are cap considerations but it's a bit odd they're giving up on him so quickly.

In my opinion it signals Bednar's job is very very secure for at least another full season. He's the guy who's not deploying Colton.

Reactions: Nzap

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Do we really need to be trading for more transition defensemen? Makar, Toews, and Girard all transition the puck phenomenally. One of Behrens/Malinski being on the roster next year also adds to the transition game.

This team needs someone like Josh Manson. IMO, he's a better player than John Marino.
Well considering Josh Manson is likely to miss 20+ games a season I think it'd make sense to get someone else that is capable of playing consistently. Especially considering getting a physical dman at the deadline is not overly difficult.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well considering Josh Manson is likely to miss 20+ games a season I think it'd make sense to get someone else that is capable of playing consistently. Especially considering getting a physical dman at the deadline is not overly difficult.
I would rather not downgrade the team just to ensure the acquisition plays 20 additional games during the regular season.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
They gave up good value for Colton then locked him up for four years. For the Avs with non core players that as much term as they ever want to go.

There are cap considerations but it's a bit odd they're giving up on him so quickly.

In my opinion it signals Bednar's job is very very secure for at least another full season. He's the guy who's not deploying Colton.
He is a 2.5 mil 3rd line winger

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If no Drouin is there a position we can "spend" on?
Teravainen
Mantha
DeBrusk

Stenlund

Alexandre Carrier
Kylington

Nope. We don't have any space for any of these guys.

Maaaaybe Kylington since he isn't going to be much more than league minimum anyway.

We've basically got $4.7M with 11F, 4D, 2G signed. So we need to sign at least 3 more guys for the bare minimum, probably want 4 or 5 for injuries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad