Stan Bowman linked to Edmonton oilers GM job

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Siidekik

Feb 13, 2023
zm3ad4j65cp51.jpg

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Don't buy this for a second, doesn't match Jackson's MO of potential hires. This screams someone feeding media info to put their name or a friend's out there.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
This is one of those things where I’d happily bet so much money it won’t happen, then lose

I really doubt it, but I could also kind of see it and it could get funny lol.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Now they have, can’t wait for the Oilers to embarrass themselves again.

Here it comes!!
Well everytime the Oilers get "embarassed" by an addition it ends up pretty good for the Oil. So like who gives a shit really what the haters think. They'd hate regardless of what the Oil do.

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007
Ive been able to get behind controversial pickups the Oil have had in the past, but they were part of the team, so they were able to endear themselves to me in a much more direct way. If this ish happens, I give up(that said, I REALLY hope its all just BS clickbait). Hopefully theres a less dysfunctional team out there that will take a new fan.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Gross. Bowman was complicit in allowing Aldrich to move on and assault a minor AFTER all the Blackhawks stuff. Can't believe a team would have interest in him.

Oh he's also a bad GM who left the Blackhawks a mess on the ice...

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
That's gotta be all she wrote for McDavid in EDM, if Stan Bowman gets hired,
Yeah yeah yeah you guys say dumb shit like this for 8 years now. "You can tell mcDave was cringing when he found out he was goin to Edmonton" "that look on McDavids face you can tell he wants to leave "deadmonton"" you guys are pathetic. Yiu dont know what hes thinking or what hes gonna do. Seek help

Well everytime the Oilers get "embarassed" by an addition it ends up pretty good for the Oil. So like who gives a shit really what the haters think. They'd hate regardless of what the Oil do.
f*** em

• Haha
Reactions: olafsson

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I mean, this is right on character for the Oilers organization.

There is a reason most people don't like the Oilers, and this is one of the main ones.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Beach issues aside, Bowman made very few good decisions from the 2015 offseason until when he was let go. Bad roster decisions, bad drafting, bad coaching hire, and just an overall flawed methodology of the correct way to build a team once the dynasty core aged out.

I wouldn’t be too excited as an Oiler fan from a pure hockey perspective as I’m sure they’re mostly not thrilled with his hiring from the scandal either

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad