Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think the answer is no……but can you offer sheet two players at once?

I think the B’s can’t anyway because they don’t have the picks for compensation….but if they did….looke at Seider and Raymond

Offer sheet each guy the max possible.

Maybe Detroit can’t afford both and you either end up with one or you make them give out two near max contracts, which they may be fine with, but it could be worth a shot.
I am not even sure why there are "offer sheets " not many GMs seem to want to go down that path, it just causes a lot animosity between teams, am I wrong......

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I am not even sure why there are "offer sheets " not many GMs seem to want to go down that path, it just causes a lot animosity between teams, am I wrong......
I want a GM who doesn’t give a shit if he causes some animosity between him and his fellow GM as long as he plays between the rules. Hell it might bring on some actual rivalries again, but your right I think fellow GM are weary because of the eventual retribution coming their way. Unfortunately Sweeney never hangs on to his picks long enough to offer sheet anyone. Lol

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Not at all.

Probably why they’re rarely used.

Another example of the cap/CBA being unnecessarily complicated.

But…if a GM with either guts, or the knowledge that he needed to make some noise in the playoffs next season or he was likely going to lose his job decided to do something big, offer sheeting two guys from the same team might be a good way to do it.

Again, I don’t know if it’s legal but it’s an interesting idea.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Yep, same here. Certain posters legitimately dog people here with condescending bullshit at times too. Like they intentionally try to make you feel stupid for even suggesting something.
Or the ever common on this board in particular “you don’t like my favorite player, you clearly just started watching hockey a week ago.”

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins, due to trades, dont have enough draft picks to give big money offer sheets.

AAVCompensation
$1 - $1,415,740None
$1,415,741 - $2,145,0611 3rd-round pick
$2,145,062 - $4,290,1251 2nd-round pick
$4,290,126 - $6,435,1861 1st-round pick, 1 3rd-round pick
$6,435,187 - $8,580,2501 1st-round pick, 1 2nd-round pick, 1 3rd-round pick
$8,580,251 - $10,725,3142 1st-round picks, 1 2nd-round pick, 1 3rd-round pick
$10,725,315 or more4 1st-round picks

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Ferraro became the Sharks' No. 1 defenseman this season and put together a solid campaign. In 78 games, he posted three goals and a career-high 21 points. He also had an impressive 195 blocks to go along with 124 hits. Overall, the 6-foot defenseman is known for his shutdown ability and can chip in a bit offensively. The Bruins could use somebody like that right now.
Ok! You got my attention, how do you go about making it happen.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I think we should be more worried of teams offersheeting Swayman than the Bruins doing one. Whats the holdup against doing this? The wrath of Sweeney and other GMs? New Jersey would be wise to do this. Swayman would fit their window perfectly. Fortunately they dont have their third round pick next year.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I think we should be more worried of teams offersheeting Swayman than the Bruins doing one. Whats the holdup against doing this? The wrath of Sweeney and other GMs? New Jersey would be wise to do this. Swayman would fit their window perfectly. Fortunately they dont have their third round pick next year.
Last offseason was the one for someone to try and offer sheet him. We had zero cap space and had to nickel and dime him in arbitration just to make it work for another season.

Now we have enough space to match basically anything a team would realistically offer him.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I feel I’m letting the team down today. Had a few jokes at Leafs expense lined up - was fired up and ready to go hard.

BUT I got a call this morning telling me my “me day” at the local spa has been cancelled. Was lined up for the works: back wax, mani/pedi, cucumber wrap, the whole deal.

What happened, you ask????

Apparently @NeelyDan has a big party tonight and snagged my four hour slot. I still love him, but he’s been very selfish today.

I’m very grouchy, understandably, and don’t feel funny at all.

I hope he’s pleased with himself. Ruined it for all of us.
And that’s just to cover the wax requirements

• Haha
Reactions: Number8

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Regarding Zegras, is he viewed long-term as a center or a winger, is he willing to learn and adapt to take it to the next level, and is he a coachable player?

Those are some big questions to be giving up what could be a cornerstone defenseman in Lohrei.

I would say there are a lot more questions surrounding lohrei than zegras. Zegras is younger than lohrei and has almost 4x the amount of points as lohrei has games played.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This team would need a complete overhaul if they wanted to be a tough/gritty team. I think that’s completely out of the question at this point. Might as well stack talent.

Their captain got freaking sucker punched in the face and concussed and the resident “tough guys” had zero response except saying after the game to the media “we don’t want to take penalties”

The narrative about the Bruins not being tough enough is getting nauseating, they went toe to toe with Florida in what everyone has said was the most physical series in the entire playoffs. What did Florida do last night when their top player Barkov got elbowed by Drai, not much either. Last year the Bruins were definitely abused by the Panthers in the playoffs, not this year, the Bruins added a lot of size and physicality from last year's team. Do we still need a bona-fide enforcer like Lucic, yes, but this year's Bruins team certainly was not bullied in the playoffs

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The narrative about the Bruins not being tough enough is getting nauseating, they went toe to toe with Florida in what everyone has said was the most physical series in the entire playoffs. What did Florida do last night when their top player Barkov got elbowed by Drai, not much either. Last year the Bruins were definitely abused by the Panthers in the playoffs, not this year, the Bruins added a lot of size and physicality from last year's team. Do we still need a bona-fide enforcer like Lucic, yes, but this year's Bruins team certainly was not bullied in the playoffs

They absolutely did not go toe to toe with florida. They got slapped around.

If they were going toe to toe with florida. Maroon wouldn’t have been answering so many media question about why the bruins weren’t responding

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
They absolutely did not go toe to toe with florida. They got slapped around.

If they were going toe to toe with florida. Maroon wouldn’t have been answering so many media question about why the bruins weren’t responding
Yea the Bruins were consistently outshot per period iirc. By the way why it so difficult to find a simple box score in 2024, lol.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yea the Bruins were consistently outshot per period iirc. By the way why it so difficult to find a simple box score in 2024, lol.

Ya and some people will hide behind the “but the bruins had a lot of hits”…. But they just don’t realize that when Florida possesses the put at almost a 2:1 ratio, the team without the puck is going to hit more because the person/ team carrying the puck isn’t hitting people.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I want a GM who doesn’t give a shit if he causes some animosity between him and his fellow GM as long as he plays between the rules. Hell it might bring on some actual rivalries again, but your right I think fellow GM are weary because of the eventual retribution coming their way. Unfortunately Sweeney never hangs on to his picks long enough to offer sheet anyone. Lol
These guys are all friends at the end of the day

I know if we were GMs I’d get you back one way or another

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ya and some people will hide behind the “but the bruins had a lot of hits”…. But they just don’t realize that when Florida possesses the put at almost a 2:1 ratio, the team without the puck is going to hit more because the person/ team carrying the puck isn’t hitting people.

The Bruins stood up to them better than Tampa and NYR, that’s for sure. Maurice has had lots of positive things to say about the Bruins. I think we forget that both the Toronto and the Florida series were some of those most physical series there has been this playoffs. A lot of series were more of the speed and skill variety.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So what are they going to pay Lindholm

Very curious to see how much Donny giving him

7 years seems forgone conclusion

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The Bruins stood up to them better than Tampa and NYR, that’s for sure. Maurice has had lots of positive things to say about the Bruins. I think we forget that both the Toronto and the Florida series were some of those most physical series there has been this playoffs. A lot of series were more of the speed and skill variety.

I agree with Tampa, disagree on rangers. Rangers were more physical than the bruins and overall the games were closer.

Rangers played the panthers better than the bruins in all facets besides goaltending.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad