Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
So what are they going to pay Lindholm

Very curious to see how much Donny giving him

7 years seems forgone conclusion
rumour is he turned down 7x7 with the Vancouver so I'm guessing 8x7 minimum unless he really just doesn't want to stay in Vancouver

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
rumour is he turned down 7x7 with the Vancouver so I'm guessing 8x7 minimum unless he really just doesn't want to stay in Vancouver
Figure 8-8.5 M on 7 years plays with Pastrnak

Great deal

The 7 years instead of 8 very attractive

So they get Lindholm
Heinen
DeBrusk apparently has a 7/50 something out there

And they are trying to get the Devils 1 where they take Eiserman

Pretty impressive if Donny pulls this all off

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
They would still have about 8 -9 M left

Ullmark money goes to Swayman 4 & Bussi 1

Be interesting to see if they extend Freddie

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Ferraro became the Sharks' No. 1 defenseman this season and put together a solid campaign. In 78 games, he posted three goals and a career-high 21 points. He also had an impressive 195 blocks to go along with 124 hits. Overall, the 6-foot defenseman is known for his shutdown ability and can chip in a bit offensively. The Bruins could use somebody like that right now.
This is the second Hockey News article (the first had Brock Nelson) where the author doesn’t talk about the return or why the team would deal the player. Or… anything surrounding a rumour or a whisper or really anything of substance at all.

“There’s a good player on another team. We should try to trade for him. Aw-hyuck!”

Since when was the Hockey News THIS f***ing bad. I’ve seen better, more well-thought-out proposals from thedongodfather in a (generously) two-sentence post.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I want a GM who doesn’t give a shit if he causes some animosity between him and his fellow GM as long as he plays between the rules. Hell it might bring on some actual rivalries again, but your right I think fellow GM are weary because of the eventual retribution coming their way. Unfortunately Sweeney never hangs on to his picks long enough to offer sheet anyone. Lol

I've been wanting a gunslinger GM to get a hold of the role for a while now. It'd make the league a little extra entertaining and keep people on their toes. Bill Zito is the one guy in office who I could see being crazy enough to offersheet a guy he really likes.

After the Aho - Kotkaniemi pissing contest though, GMs clearly are a sensitive bunch who take huge offense to things like that. And they wouldn't want to cause animosity in their group chat 🙄

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Well they all have long memories, so its always nice to appear that your playing nice even if your not
Yeh Burke & Lowe had the most famous incident

It’s not worth it and goes above to billionaire owners

Reactions: TCB

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Or he just sees that as his baseline and wants to wait and see if he can get more, or something similar from a more appealing destination. We have no way to know what he wants, what his family wants, or his motivations (cup win vs. just money). I doubt he wants out of Vancouver. Calgary yes, Vancouver, I'm sure it's still an option.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Figure 8-8.5 M on 7 years plays with Pastrnak

Great deal

The 7 years instead of 8 very attractive

So they get Lindholm
Heinen
DeBrusk apparently has a 7/50 something out there

And they are trying to get the Devils 1 where they take Eiserman

Pretty impressive if Donny pulls this all off
Where'd you hear all this?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I would say there are a lot more questions surrounding lohrei than zegras. Zegras is younger than lohrei and has almost 4x the amount of points as lohrei has games played.
Zegras is only 3 months younger than Lohrei. He has played about 2 more seasons worth of games than Lohrei.

Zegras is good for 20G-40A a season as his floor. He is going to produce offensively and can produce more. The questions arise regarding every other aspect of his game. Right now, his skillset point to him being a winger at the NHL level. If he wants to play center, can he improve at the faceoff dot? Can he develop a two-way game? Can he go into the corners and win puck battles? Is he willing to throw his body around and not avoid contact? All of this remains to be seen after 3 seasons in the league. There is room for him to grow as a player, but for a player further in his development at the NHL-level, those questions still exist.

And that's the issue in regards to moving Lohrei for Zegras. Anaheim is not going to sell Zegras short for anything except for what they perceive to be fair value, and if the Bruins are going to move their most valuable asset they would be willing to trade, in this case Lohrei, they better be getting a sure-thing or close to sure-thing #1C in return.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Zegras is only 3 months younger than Lohrei. He has played about 2 more seasons worth of games than Lohrei.

Zegras is good for 20G-40A a season as his floor. He is going to produce offensively and can produce more. The questions arise regarding every other aspect of his game. Right now, his skillset point to him being a winger at the NHL level. If he wants to play center, can he improve at the faceoff dot? Can he develop a two-way game? Can he go into the corners and win puck battles? Is he willing to throw his body around and not avoid contact? All of this remains to be seen after 3 seasons in the league. There is room for him to grow as a player, but for a player further in his development at the NHL-level, those questions still exist.

And that's the issue in regards to moving Lohrei for Zegras. Anaheim is not going to sell Zegras short for anything except for what they perceive to be fair value, and if the Bruins are going to move their most valuable asset they would be willing to trade, in this case Lohrei, they better be getting a sure-thing or close to sure-thing #1C in return.
Lohrei for zegras is equal trade in my view. Doubt ducks do it though.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
This is the second Hockey News article (the first had Brock Nelson) where the author doesn’t talk about the return or why the team would deal the player. Or… anything surrounding a rumour or a whisper or really anything of substance at all.

“There’s a good player on another team. We should try to trade for him. Aw-hyuck!”

Since when was the Hockey News THIS f***ing bad. I’ve seen better, more well-thought-out proposals from thedongodfather in a (generously) two-sentence post.
FWIW, David Pagnotta is reporting that the Sharks aren't necessarily shopping Ferraro, but he is listening and willing to deal him. He speculates on the return, though.

And while San Jose plans on addressing their defensive corps, they are also willing to take calls on several players if they can maximize a return.

Stud blueliner Mario Ferraro has continued to attract interest from a number of teams dating back to mid-season.

Ferraro, 25, is under contract for to more seasons and comes with a $3.25 million salary cap hit. He is not looking to be traded and enjoys San Jose, but teams are calling, and my understanding is Grier is open to trading him. However, the price remains very high and it will take a significant return for Grier to part with Ferraro.

The Toronto Maple Leafs, Nashville Predators, Calgary Flames, Carolina Hurricanes and Chicago Blackhawks are among the teams believed to have varying levels of interest in Ferraro, some going back to the middle of the season.

I am not sure what type of return the Sharks want for Ferraro, but if they go the package route, I would imagine a first-round draft pick is part of the ask, along with a top-ranked prospect and possibly another high asset. And given his attractive cap hit, it’s understandable why Grier would hold firm.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Where'd you hear all this?
It’s discussed on NHL Network they believe if Vancouver can’t sign him it’s Boston and several other outlets

Example

Athletic guys as well

I’m into Lindholm

He looked vintage EL in the playoffs and his teammates like him and want him back

The Bruins can give him a prime time spot and money

7 years takes him through 36 and he definitely has a Bergeron vibe about him

It’s a marriage that could be a good to great one

DeBrusk I still think stays - lot being said he’s going to get overpaid but if the Bruins want to get faster - keep DeBrusk

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I guess it all depends how you view lohrei. I like him a lot, but I highly doubt the bruins are getting a #1 center for lohrei unless the bruins are adding multiple other pieces to the deal.

Which #1 centers around the league do you think are fair value for lohrei?

Also what are the expectation for lohrei? Maybe a chychrun type player except hopefully healthy and rounds his defensive game out more? Because lohrei certainly has some questions regarding his defensive game as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
It’s discussed on NHL Network they believe if Vancouver can’t sign him it’s Boston and several other outlets

Example

Athletic guys as well

I’m into Lindholm

He looked vintage EL in the playoffs and his teammates like him and want him back

The Bruins can give him a prime time spot and money

7 years takes him through 36 and he definitely has a Bergeron vibe about him

It’s a marriage that could be a good to great one

DeBrusk I still think stays - lot being said he’s going to get overpaid but if the Bruins want to get faster - keep DeBrusk
Makes too much sense for the team and player:

Team:
plays a Bergeron like game, bruins love their centers to be 200 ft players regardless of points.
Fits in age wise bridging to poitras developing further.
RH center who plays the bumper.
Have roster and cap flexibility.

Player: great team
great region to live and raise your family
world class hockey city
East coast flights home
Play 1C minutes with pastrnak and top pk/pp time
can afford the 7 year deal for 7-8 million

Just makes more sense than any other C on the market, if he becomes a 2c a few years into his contract that isn’t necessarily a bad thing as an 8mil deal will be 7/8% of the cap in a few years.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Makes too much sense for the team and player:

Team:
plays a Bergeron like game, bruins love their centers to be 200 ft players regardless of points.
Fits in age wise bridging to poitras developing further.
RH center who plays the bumper.
Have roster and cap flexibility.

Player: great team
great region to live and raise your family
world class hockey city
East coast flights home
Play 1C minutes with pastrnak and top pk/pp time
can afford the 7 year deal for 7-8 million

Just makes more sense than any other C on the market, if he becomes a 2c a few years into his contract that isn’t necessarily a bad thing as an 8mil deal will be 7/8% of the cap in a few years.
Excellent post lol

Yeh hopefully

Every guy I want ends up in Vegas

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My wish list is

1. Sign Lindholm
2. Resign DeBrusk & Heinen
3. Trade Ullmark for 10 and use it for Helenius or Iginla and if not there Eiserman
4. Extend Sway 6/36
5. Sign a physical LD but can play and kill penalties
6. Extend Freddie

Of note I got an email for Bruins draft Party last night from them which is interesting they forgo when no firsts

Hopefully means they get 10

They walk away with Lindholm and one of Iginla or Helenius (both centers - yowza)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Freddy is an interesting chip. Curious what his contract ask is. He and Geekie both expiring next summer (along with Lorhei and Marchand). Lorhei you likely bridge and Marchand can get into 35+ shenanigans if needed, but do you give both Geekie and Frederic raises, perhaps a substantial raise to Freddy, or do you try to put aside more cash for someone higher in the lineup? And if Freddy wants 5x5, is he a chip in play now?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Anyone worried the bruins are left with 2 starting goaltenders to start the season? Taking up $13 mil in cap space?
You'd hate for it to come to that but if the Bruins want Ullmark to move off his list they just need to let him sit out most games . Not the ideal scenario for him who's up for a new contract next season.

It's in the intrest of all parties to get something done, so no , not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad