Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
It’s discussed on NHL Network they believe if Vancouver can’t sign him it’s Boston and several other outlets

Example

Athletic guys as well

I’m into Lindholm

He looked vintage EL in the playoffs and his teammates like him and want him back

The Bruins can give him a prime time spot and money

7 years takes him through 36 and he definitely has a Bergeron vibe about him

It’s a marriage that could be a good to great one

DeBrusk I still think stays - lot being said he’s going to get overpaid but if the Bruins want to get faster - keep DeBrusk
Not really surprising they'd be a frontrunner for Lindholm. They've wanted him forever plus roster need plus money to spend. He's been Bergy-lite. I'm a little concerned to see his dropoff the past 2 years but hopefully just an anomaly. You think they'd match a 7y/$50M offer for JDB? Seems like it would be too rich for Donny. He probably wants him at $6M AAV I would think. Will they bring in an LD? My guess is they'd want to bring in a veteran LD who can be signed for fairly short and cheap money as insurance if Lohrei can't handle top 4 minutes right away. Brendan Dillon, Martinez, Brodie, Ghost? Heinen is their swiss army knife.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-JDB/replacement
Heinen-Geekie-Freddy
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
Boqvist?/Kuntar?

Lindy/Mac
Lohrei/Carlo
LD???/Peeke
Wotherspoon

Sway/Bussi

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
This is the second Hockey News article (the first had Brock Nelson) where the author doesn’t talk about the return or why the team would deal the player. Or… anything surrounding a rumour or a whisper or really anything of substance at all.

“There’s a good player on another team. We should try to trade for him. Aw-hyuck!”

Since when was the Hockey News THIS f***ing bad. I’ve seen better, more well-thought-out proposals from thedongodfather in a (generously) two-sentence post.
Hockey News has been garbage for years. When they still printed regularly I was only picking up the season preview, prospects and draft issues, now I pay little to no attention to anything they say.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This thing where Lindholm is “Bergeron-lite” or anything in that ballpark has taken on a life of its own. He’s solid defensively, but outside a Canadian media campaign to push him as a Bergeron alternative, he really hasn’t been anywhere close to Selke level defense. He wins draws which is nice. And he certainly plays both sides of the ice. But I think it’s gone a bit overboard.

72D44787-905D-414F-B019-686100FE9599.jpeg

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I wouldn't read much into Lindholm turning down 7M from Vancouver and 9M from Calgary. He may just be looking at the role he'll be given. Maybe he wants to be 1C and there's no way he gets that role in Vancouver. He could, in short time , end up as a 3C or a winger there.

As far as Calgary goes, I think he just wants out of there.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not really surprising they'd be a frontrunner for Lindholm. They've wanted him forever plus roster need plus money to spend. He's been Bergy-lite. I'm a little concerned to see his dropoff the past 2 years but hopefully just an anomaly. You think they'd match a 7y/$50M offer for JDB? Seems like it would be too rich for Donny. He probably wants him at $6M AAV I would think. Will they bring in an LD? My guess is they'd want to bring in a veteran LD who can be signed for fairly short and cheap money as insurance if Lohrei can't handle top 4 minutes right away. Brendan Dillon, Martinez, Brodie, Ghost? Heinen is their swiss army knife.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Heinen-Geekie-Freddy
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
Boqvist?/Kuntar?

Lindy/Mac
Lohrei/Carlo
LD???/Peeke
Wotherspoon

Sway/Bussi
No I don’t on JDB and should not

Not sure it’s true but I can believe anything after seeing what Yzerman have Copp last summer which has to make Frederic camp ecstatic

I think Bruins would give DeBrusk 6 years and 6 M they are probably more ok with the 6 M then 6 years

DeBrusk has likely agent, parents, GF bunch of people influencing him

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Heinen-Geekie-Freddy
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
Boqvist?/Kuntar?

Lindy/Mac
Lohrei/Carlo
LD???/Peeke
Wotherspoon

Sway/Bussi
I’m right here with you 100% in players this is my lineup too

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
This is the second Hockey News article (the first had Brock Nelson) where the author doesn’t talk about the return or why the team would deal the player. Or… anything surrounding a rumour or a whisper or really anything of substance at all.

“There’s a good player on another team. We should try to trade for him. Aw-hyuck!”

Since when was the Hockey News THIS f***ing bad. I’ve seen better, more well-thought-out proposals from thedongodfather in a (generously) two-sentence post.
Pagnotta had an article about Ferraro the other day and he mentioned the return being a first+, which is too much for that player IMO.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
My wish list is

1. Sign Lindholm
2. Resign DeBrusk & Heinen
3. Trade Ullmark for 10 and use it for Helenius or Iginla and if not there Eiserman
4. Extend Sway 6/36
5. Sign a physical LD but can play and kill penalties
6. Extend Freddie

Of note I got an email for Bruins draft Party last night from them which is interesting they forgo when no firsts

Hopefully means they get 10

They walk away with Lindholm and one of Iginla or Helenius (both centers - yowza)
Good plan, but I fear Sway at 6m is a pipe dream.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Ferraro became the Sharks' No. 1 defenseman this season and put together a solid campaign. In 78 games, he posted three goals and a career-high 21 points. He also had an impressive 195 blocks to go along with 124 hits. Overall, the 6-foot defenseman is known for his shutdown ability and can chip in a bit offensively. The Bruins could use somebody like that right now.
Why would the Sharks trade a young #1 D?

Reactions: lopey

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Dom you see ANY of these back?

Maroon, JVR, Boqvist, Forbort

Seems like Boqvist is the most likely? Any chatter around him?

Reactions: HustleB

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Figure 8-8.5 M on 7 years plays with Pastrnak

Great deal

The 7 years instead of 8 very attractive

So they get Lindholm
Heinen
DeBrusk apparently has a 7/50 something out there

And they are trying to get the Devils 1 where they take Eiserman

Pretty impressive if Donny pulls this all off
If they pay Lindholm 8m I'm turning in my season tickets, 7 years on top of that ? stupid.

He's not much better than Coyle in my view, save the $ and keep Boston Charlie as the number one center, most on here think he's one anyway.

I doubt Eiserman is there at 10

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If they pay Lindholm 8m I'm turning in my season tickets, 7 years on top of that ? stupid.

He's not much better than Coyle in my view, save the $ and keep Boston Charlie as the number one center, most on here think he's one anyway.

I doubt Eiserman is there at 10
Eiserman may be there at 15 the way it's going. He's slid a ton.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

It's a shame too. I loved reading The Hockey News in paper when I was a kid.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I agree with Tampa, disagree on rangers. Rangers were more physical than the bruins and overall the games were closer.

Rangers played the panthers better than the bruins in all facets besides goaltending.
Rangers where lucky to even win a game. The only reason they kept any of the games close was their goaltender. Rangers blew in that series and it wasn't a surprise when a team relies so heavily on scoring power play goals to win games.

Bruins where a hell of a lot better and could have one the series with a little luck.

Funny how we see things so differently

Eiserman may be there at 15 the way it's going. He's slid a ton.
I guess we shall see, I hope we get to find out

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Freddy is an interesting chip. Curious what his contract ask is. He and Geekie both expiring next summer (along with Lorhei and Marchand). Lorhei you likely bridge and Marchand can get into 35+ shenanigans if needed, but do you give both Geekie and Frederic raises, perhaps a substantial raise to Freddy, or do you try to put aside more cash for someone higher in the lineup? And if Freddy wants 5x5, is he a chip in play now?

I've said it before, I think you have discussions with Geeky and Freddy and figure out what the price to resign both is, and maybe the decision is you resign both. Maybe you make the decision to move away from one in a deal if resigning does not seem like a reasonable option

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
He says everything is in play. Everything ? Fantilli ? If i'm Donny there's not a day goes by where i'm not in his ear, also Werenski and to a smaller degree would love Olivier. I would also take a shot at Texier, always liked his game and hes still young and talented enough to turn it around.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I guess it all depends how you view lohrei. I like him a lot, but I highly doubt the bruins are getting a #1 center for lohrei unless the bruins are adding multiple other pieces to the deal.

Which #1 centers around the league do you think are fair value for lohrei?

Also what are the expectation for lohrei? Maybe a chychrun type player except hopefully healthy and rounds his defensive game out more? Because lohrei certainly has some questions regarding his defensive game as well
I just don't see Lohrei as the trade piece that the Bruins would be looking to leverage. They don't have another potential offensive defenseman of his calibre (PP QB) on the roster or in the system.

On the other hand, in goal they have an embarrassment of riches (assuming Sway resigns) and there are definite teams in need out there.

I just don't get where this Lohrei talk comes from. I seriously doubt that Sweeney is even considering trading him. Have I missed something where Lohrei is talked about as potentially involved in legitimate trade talks????

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I just don't see Lohrei as the trade piece that the Bruins would be looking to leverage. They don't have another potential offensive defenseman of his calibre (PP QB) on the roster or in the system.

On the other hand, in goal they have an embarrassment of riches (assuming Sway resigns) and there are definite teams in need out there.

I just don't get where this Lohrei talk comes from. I seriously doubt that Sweeney is even considering trading him. Have I missed something where Lohrei is talked about as potentially involved in legitimate trade talks????
All depends on the return. if The Bruins can package him in a deal for a number one young center I think he becomes available.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Lazy writing that even I can do. If you don't have contacts or a tap on insider news THIS is what you do: Make up stuff and write it so it implies plausibility.

Drives me nuts.

However, if you are writing hockey articles daily the well of good ideas runs dry pretty quickly, especially in summer.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
All depends on the return. if The Bruins can package him in a deal for a number one young center I think he becomes available.
That I agree with. I think virtually anyone is available given the right return.

However, I'm seeing Lohrei suggested as a) the cornerstone piece of a Bruins trade (that's not the case - Ullmark clearly is that) and b) as part of returns that don't include a #1C.

I don't get it. Again, has anyone seen any legit speculation that Lohrei is being shopped? And I mean outside of speculation that other teams would want him - to which my response would be "no shit, they do".

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't get it. Again, has anyone seen any legit speculation that Lohrei is being shopped? And I mean outside of speculation that other teams would want him - to which my response would be "no shit, they do".
No legit anything on Lohrei- he is just one of the Bruins' few really valuable assets, so no surprise that people are throwing his name out there. I am with you- I don't think he's going anywhere short of a blockbuster type of deal that we wouldn't really see coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad