Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If you guys thought Marner going into the corners was scary, Trevor Zegras is Jason Voorhees. Soft is a word that gets tossed around a lot and Zegras is the literal definition of it. Guy makes Danton Heinen look like Stu Grimson.

I literally have zero interest in that guy.

Last edited:

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Wasn't Marc Savard universally considered an immature POS coach killer before he got to Bob Hartley? Maybe Zegras is as irredeemable as they say but don't you do your due diligence and figure out if your "winning culture" can straighten him out? If you're a no on Zegras and no on Lindholm and no on Stephenson then what do you do?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Wasn't Marc Savard universally considered an immature POS coach killer before he got to Bob Hartley? Maybe Zegras is as irredeemable as they say but don't you do your due diligence and figure out if your "winning culture" can straighten him out? If you're a no on Zegras and no on Lindholm and no on Stephenson then what do you do?
I'm a no on basically all of those guys if the first player we're sending is Mason Lohrei.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
If the cost for Zegras is the same as what Atlanta gave up for Savard I'd be up for taking a chance on him. I think Lohrei exceeds that that, though.

I'm also okay with picking up Lindholm or Stephenson too, as long as their cap hit isn't too ridiculous.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Upside to Zegras is hes young and you have control for a few years plus.
The downside is he is a gamble. You dont know what you will get. Output + chemistry.

Sure Savard was a risk too but critical difference was he cost you $ and no talent going the other way. Thats important IMO.
Savard also had started turning that corner in Atlanta under Bob Hartley.

I’m in on Zegras, personally. Depending on the cost. Natural skill level is off the charts. We’d need a banger on the left side to compliment, but imagine him a Pastrnak together? Would be difficult for me not to be excited.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
If the cost for Zegras is the same as what Atlanta gave up for Savard I'd be up for taking a chance on him. I think Lohrei exceeds that that, though.

I'm also okay with picking up Lindholm or Stephenson too, as long as their cap hit isn't too ridiculous.
Well they got Savard for free basically. :laugh:

I’d go further than that for sure. Give up some value if the Ducks are looking at moving on. But Lohrei? I don’t think so. Not for Zegras.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Lohrei has a ton of upside and will only get better with more experience at the NHL level.
Teams would be lining up if we wanted to trade him.
I keep him, unless someone is giving us a legit #1 center that is 27 YO or younger in the deal.
That list would include:
Larkin
Hintz
Thomas
Barzal
Stutzle

You're giving up more than Lohrei for everyone of those centers, probably Poitras on an expanded deal.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Savard also had started turning that corner in Atlanta under Bob Hartley.

I’m in on Zegras, personally. Depending on the cost. Natural skill level is off the charts. We’d need a banger on the left side to compliment, but imagine him a Pastrnak together? Would be difficult for me not to be excited.
This is all fine and dandy, and yes, the skill is there but Zegras is baby shit soft. They'd absolutely have to address the wing situation and put someone who isn't constantly picking themselves up off the ice on there. Teams have a field day enough as it is with Pastrnak, Zegras would be much, much worse. At least Pastrnak will throw a body check.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think we would be forgetting any other mistakes that Don Sweeney has made because this would be the Mother of all mistakes. Find another way! The only way I include him is for a super-star player because IMHO Mason is going to be considered easily a top 10 defenseman in the league in several years. ML checks off so many tools/attributes of a top D-man.

McAvoy right now is 8-10 top D. Lohrei is quite a bit away.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Cant wait for Bettman to engineer another lockout.
If he does I will personally drive to Toronto and kick him in the balls. As well as any owner who happens to be nearby.

Another lockout would be embarrassing.

Reactions: Ladyfan

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ullmark for Chychrun (potentially with Ullmark ending up elsewhere because of NTCs) and then Frederic + Lorhei as a base for Zegras. Would you do it?

Relatively easy yes on both for me. Chychrun would be more valuable here with us already having swayman. Zegras has 60+ points in two separate seasons going into his age 23 season and will likely only get better with pastrnak.

Bruins instantly become a much more talented team.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Zegras is soft, terrible at face offs and terrible defensively. He’s not a center he’s a left winger. That’s why I would want nothing to do with him. Doesn’t solve what they need at center.

Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If he does I will personally drive to Toronto and kick him in the balls. As well as any owner who happens to be nearby.

Another lockout would be embarrassing.
Make sure to stop in New York on the way because that's the office you would find him in.

Then, when you get to Toronto, message me and we will have a beer or three.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
There has been a trend downward on here for a complete and utter lack of respect for people’s opinions.
Agreed, and I’ve been part of that at times, regretfully. The tiresome part for me is it’s the same people that are 100 percent do no right and 100 percent do no wrong. If you take that out you can still find some real interesting back and forth.

Not sure Frederic gets it done but let's say Ullmark for a pick, Lohrei and a pick for Zegras. Lot of possibilities there. Anaheim could retain for 2 years, would allow them to add a 2nd C or a wing and a LD, and Zegras's deal would end when Coyle's does.

Sure he might be a little immature and he has some things to work on but weren't they just on the brink of trading for Pierre-Luc Dubois? A winning culture and a strong leadership group go a long way. Buy low and get the benefit of the change of scenery for once.
Same things were said about Nathan Horton like you said the Bruins have a world class set up here that flat out make players better and more responsible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad