Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Boston Bruins​

Why he makes sense: David Pastrnak was the lone Bruin to exceed 29 goals this season. After a huge exodus last summer that included Patrice Bergeron’s retirement, and with Brad Marchand getting up there in years, the Bruins look increasingly top heavy. They can’t count on much help coming from within, either, as their prospect crop is among the league’s weakest. Particularly if they can’t agree on a new contract with pending UFA Jake DeBrusk, they’ll desperately need another scoring winger.

Fly in the ointment: Is GM Don Sweeney willing to weaken his D-corps to land a talent like Ehlers? Big right-shot blueliner Brandon Carlo is an ideal fit for the Jets’ needs on paper. He has a 10-team no-trade list, however, and, with all due respect to the city of Winnipeg, it’s one of the league’s most isolated markets and is known to frequently appear on players’ no-trade lists. There’s a decent chance Winnipeg would be on Carlo’s.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It's possible. I would move coyle in the right deal for a younger player if the opportunity arises.

But at the same time i am not looking to move Coyle. I actually think there is value in having his expiring contract in 2026, in an offseason they might be looking at the possibility of wanting cap space for a free agent.
Everyone wants to move Coyle, but no one tells us how and who will replace him. Poitras and certainly not Zegras........

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Ullmark for Chychrun (potentially with Ullmark ending up elsewhere because of NTCs) and then Frederic + Lorhei as a base for Zegras. Would you do it?

Chychrun yes, Zegras no but I do see the appeal, I just would prefer to keep Freddy and Lohrei as their skillsets are valuable to this team.

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Great start..............you had to start somewhere. come on everyone "Support Number 8 ".........
I feel I’m letting the team down today. Had a few jokes at Leafs expense lined up - was fired up and ready to go hard.

BUT I got a call this morning telling me my “me day” at the local spa has been cancelled. Was lined up for the works: back wax, mani/pedi, cucumber wrap, the whole deal.

What happened, you ask????

Apparently @NeelyDan has a big party tonight and snagged my four hour slot. I still love him, but he’s been very selfish today.

I’m very grouchy, understandably, and don’t feel funny at all.

I hope he’s pleased with himself. Ruined it for all of us.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, for sure. They know way more than we do about Zegras the person vs Zegras the narrative. Remember the Seguin narrative? People grow up. Maybe he is irredeemable at 22, maybe he isn't. I hope the front office is turning over every stone and every offer, even if involves moving some sacred cows.
Yup, and it's easier to obtain a top 4 LD through trade/draft/UFA than it is a #1C. It wouldn't be horrible either to have Zegras and Poitras down the middle with Poitras being more of the 2-way center and Zegras more offensive. There could be a potential issue with overall size down the middle, but we know Poitras is not afraid of contact.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
TBH i probably wouldn't even trade freddy straight up for zegras.
I actually am intrigued by the idea of Zegras. But that comes from how lw his trade value should be. Like a 2nd and Merkulov and they retain 30%.

Everyone knows he has issues with toughness and D. He didn't produce at all last year. His terrible team barely wanted to play him.

This is not a guy you give up major assets for. You see if you can get him cheaply and, if not, move on quickly.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I trade Lohrei only if I’m getting something very special. I know he makes a few mistakes, which is to be expected at this age.

That said, I get excited when I see him on the ice. Kids got talent and has the courage/confidence to try exciting things. Maybe I’m too high on him, but I love what I see at this age.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

The NHLPA will start reviewing the CBA soon. Some are thinking the NHL draft should be reduced to four rounds. No LTIR fix until the next CBA.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

The NHLPA will start reviewing the CBA soon. Some are thinking the NHL draft should be reduced to four rounds. No LTIR fix until the next CBA.
Cant wait for Bettman to engineer another lockout.

Reactions: Gordoff

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I trade Lohrei only if I’m getting something very special. I know he makes a few mistakes, which is to be expected at this age.

That said, I get excited when I see him on the ice. Kids got talent and has the courage/confidence to try exciting things. Maybe I’m too high on him, but I love what I see at this age.
Lohrei has a ton of upside and will only get better with more experience at the NHL level.
Teams would be lining up if we wanted to trade him.
I keep him, unless someone is giving us a legit #1 center that is 27 YO or younger in the deal.
That list would include:
Larkin
Hintz
Thomas
Barzal
Stutzle

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Watching Vegas last year and Florida this year with their tall, super mobile rangy defenses and we want to move Lohrei? It’s just off the table to be, short of a few of the names listed above. And even then…it’s what is succeeding in the NHL right now and we have one.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Lohrei makes a lot of mistakes and his defensive game is very raw but for me he has this IT factor. His puckmoving under pressure is already extraordinary. He has huge upside. I would ease him in on the third line next season.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Would you include Lohrei in a trade for Zegras? They're the same age.
I think we would be forgetting any other mistakes that Don Sweeney has made because this would be the Mother of all mistakes. Find another way! The only way I include him is for a super-star player because IMHO Mason is going to be considered easily a top 10 defenseman in the league in several years. ML checks off so many tools/attributes of a top D-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad