Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Next Summers UFA list of forwards as of right now. I’d imagine by the time 2025 trade deadline roles around a good percentage of these under 30y.o players are signed by their existing team. It’s nice to dream, but it would be pretty wild for EDM to not re-sign Drai, so centers are looking pretty slim. Anybody thinking we should wait on signing a center and to roll with what we have especially with cap going up…idk

One player lower down in this list (sorted by salary) I’d be curious about is Vilardi. I wanted bruins to link up for a trade with LA back when they had both Byfield (preferred, but probably a pipe dream now) and Vilardi. I’m curious, if Ullmark nets us a 1st +, could we package it with Frederic or Geekie for Vilardi? Likely need to add another pick or prospect but it would be a perfect acquisition honestly cost wise, because you can still bring in a Lindholm/Stephenson and a winger. Poitras isn’t needed right away but can always push Coyle to wing and roll Lindholm, Vilardi, and Poitras down the middle, with Pasta, Marchand, Zacha, Coyle, Geekie as guaranteed top 9 wingers. Scenario also opens up Coyle as a valuable trade chip not far down the road depending on the development of Poitras and Merkulov.

If only.

Attachments

• IMG_7973.jpeg
    IMG_7973.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 4

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Zacha-XXXX-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-XXXX
Freddy-Geekie-XXXX
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
Boqvist(1.0)

XXXX-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman (7x7.5)
Bussi (2x1.0)

Assuming we trade Linus for picks/prospects, we'll have spent 4.5 of our open cap space on Swayman, Bussi, Boqvist. That leaves us with 17.5 after sending Brown to Providence.

1C
2RW
3RW
1LD

Lindholm is my #1 target this offseason. He just fits on that top line. Does he want to come to Boston is the real question and how much is he looking for? Are you paying Lindholm more than 7.5 if that's what Swayman agrees to? The guy who arguably got you to game 6 of the 2nd round basically on his own?

Here's where it gets interesting. If they can get Necas for Linus, that sets a bunch of different balls in motion in my view. Necas plays 2RW, then you need an ELC to play 3RW like Brazeau, Merk or Lysell. Can Poitras step in and play a 3C and move Geekie to 3RW? That also means you need Lindholm or Lohrei to play #1LD and find a cheap 3LD. I'm definitely not against loading up our top 6 as I do believe it needs it.

Who between Lysell, Merk, Poitras or Brazeau are ready for top 9 minutes in the NHL? Is Heinen the answer there if he'd sign for a friendly deal? Heinen just scored 17 goals, having a veteran there and the kids pushing him might not be a bad thing.

I think Sweeney likes his depth on defense. Not sure anyone from Providence makes a push outside of Regula or Mitchell? Both would be 7-8th guys though. Still think they need to add one veteran guy to the mix.

Gotta think we'll see a veteran netminder come in here as well to push Bussi at camp or if he can't handle NHL minutes.

Also assuming they add some sort of toughness to their 4th line. I've advocated for Olivier out of Columbus. He can play a regular shift and is tough as nails.

Exciting times ahead for this team. Lots of moving parts internally and externally. Can't wait for the draft and July 1st.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don't need to think outside the bubble, Chychurn is just not worth it!.
I’m a Chychrun guy but Lohrei needs top 4 minutes and by Jan running first 90 seconds of PP and Lindy & Mac last 20-30 seconds and be on ice when gets 5x5

Folks need to realize what we have in Lohrei

I see third pair - wtf

Ty looking for a job I guess with the Bruins in some capacity?

It's HF it's all about the regular season.
Me and Ty think alike - why we are good buds and chat

Ty like myself are the Goats

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I’m a Chychrun guy but Lohrei needs top 4 minutes and by Jan running first 90 seconds of PP and Lindy & Mac last 20-30 seconds and be on ice when gets 5x5

Folks need to realize what we have in Lohrei

I see third pair - wtf

Me and Ty think alike - why we are good buds and chat

Ty like myself are the Goats
He seems to go along the lines of many here, when Sweeney assembles a great team the players underachieve. When the players overachieve, it's not them, it's him getting the accolades. Teflon Don haha

You are the GOAT, don't know as much about Ty.

Ullmark for Chychrun, and then trade Lorhei for forward help is a spicy meatball.

I think you do it.
Not me. i think Lohrei will be a Chychrun in a couple years.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He seems to go along the lines of many here, when Sweeney assembles a great team the players underachieve. When the players overachieve, it's not them, it's him getting the accolades. Teflon Don haha

Ty is like a younger version of myself

Extremely talented, loves cats, Mexican food, and 1980-2000 wrestling

I believe his hockey takes are the best around

#Tyisthebest

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Sure but will Ullmark be Zegras.

Reactions: SPV

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Next Summers UFA list of forwards as of right now. I’d imagine by the time 2025 trade deadline roles around a good percentage of these under 30y.o players are signed by their existing team. It’s nice to dream, but it would be pretty wild for EDM to not re-sign Drai, so centers are looking pretty slim. Anybody thinking we should wait on signing a center and to roll with what we have especially with cap going up…idk

One player lower down in this list (sorted by salary) I’d be curious about is Vilardi. I wanted bruins to link up for a trade with LA back when they had both Byfield (preferred, but probably a pipe dream now) and Vilardi. I’m curious, if Ullmark nets us a 1st +, could we package it with Frederic or Geekie for Vilardi? Likely need to add another pick or prospect but it would be a perfect acquisition honestly cost wise, because you can still bring in a Lindholm/Stephenson and a winger. Poitras isn’t needed right away but can always push Coyle to wing and roll Lindholm, Vilardi, and Poitras down the middle, with Pasta, Marchand, Zacha, Coyle, Geekie as guaranteed top 9 wingers. Scenario also opens up Coyle as a valuable trade chip not far down the road depending on the development of Poitras and Merkulov.

If only.

The free agent class in 2026 will be really interesting. Many super star players, especially McDavid, Eichel and Makar, may be available with a bit of luck. It could be very tempting, especially for Eichel, to play at home (yes I know, Hanifin blah blah blah). I would never in my life waste my entire cap space without foresight just to use it. I've read several times that the cap is rising and it doesn't matter if you throw money around now. I don't see it that way at all. You should still use it carefully, as if you barely have any cap space available.

Reactions: The Un4casted Storm

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Tomorrow. Today I’m just doing an optional skate, working out a few kinks.

Seriously. Tomorrow I’m going to be so f***ing funny you are going to beg me to stop.

Remember, when your coffee comes out through your nose, I warned you.
Great start..............you had to start somewhere. come on everyone "Support Number 8 ".........

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Would you include Lohrei in a trade for Zegras? They're the same age.
This fan base would go nuts if you traded their new shinny toy, I personally think this kid is going to be a terrific d-man, and I would not say no to trading him if it was the right deal to make this team better, but Zegras no freaking way, Bruins fans will turn on that kid by Christmas if not sooner.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad