Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Foegele or Duclair would be a nice replacement for JDB, assuming we do not re sign him and save a bit of money vs what JDB is asking.
I would like to see us sign Trenin if the price is right to replace Maroon.
agree on Duclair, if JD went in the lindholm three team trade that was getting tossed around I thought he would have been a great 2nd trade to replace him.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Chychurn wouldn't be adding any grit or toughness to the defense, so why bother? He isn't a winner, it's just adding another guy that needs to be in the right situation to be better, it's not needed.
Its a replacement to Gryz and an upgrade on Lohrei.

Would be a welcome addition to our Powerplay.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'll say this about Chychrun. He brings something that this team dearly has been lacking and that's a d-man who has a bomb of a shot and can be a threat to shoot on the PP. If you look over the last 3 seasons Chychrun ranks 7th among d-men in goals scored on the PP. Having a guy at the point on the PP who can shoot may open up Pastrnak a bit more.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Oh I'm here to challenge Chychrun being an upgrade to Lohrei.

Possible people didn't watch many Sens games.

I wouldn't swap one for the other at all, not close
We hope you are correct at SOME point but to say Chychrun is not an upgrade is silly talk.

Lohrei made strides last season but still has a lot of work to do defensively.

If we get that chance to get Chychrun plus as the rumors say? No brainer for me.

Reactions: Gordoff

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I'll say this about Chychrun. He brings something that this team dearly has been lacking and that's a d-man who has a bomb of a shot and can be a threat to shoot on the PP. If you look over the last 3 seasons Chychrun ranks 7th among d-men in goals scored on the PP. Having a guy at the point on the PP who can shoot may open up Pastrnak a bit more.

I don't hate the idea of Chychrun and maybe someone can correct me if this is incorrect. But he scored a decent amount of goals from what I saw on the right side being the elbow in an umbrella PP formation.

So essentially giving the point guy an option of Pasta on the left and Chychrun on the right. Not a bad option.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
We don’t need either. We need someone who can move the puck out of the zone and not have a caved in third pair. Chychrun is too expensive long term and would block Lohrei.
Think you jumped the gun a little prematurely there. Someone whos nasty to play against can still have the ability to move the puck up the ice. I'm not talking about getting Hal Gill out of retirement, someone like a Dillion would be a great add!

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Think you jumped the gun a little prematurely there. Someone whos nasty to play against can still have the ability to move the puck up the ice. I'm not talking about getting Hal Gill out of retirement, someone like a Dillion would be a great add!
Well, the default setting for defense seems to be wanting “nasty”. We didn’t lose to Florida twice in a row because of a lack of that (nor did the Rangers this year). I want someone who can beat a forecheck - think someone in the Montour/Forsling archetype than the Dillon archetype, especially playing next to Peeke.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Well, the default setting for defense seems to be wanting “nasty”. We didn’t lose to Florida twice in a row because of a lack of that (nor did the Rangers this year). I want someone who can beat a forecheck - think someone in the Montour/Forsling archetype than the Dillon archetype, especially playing next to Peeke.
I don't think you'll see those type on the bottom pair. If you do, my god, your defense is outrageous. I'm not sure if there are too many guys who fit that mold out there that are available.

Maybe a guy like Adam Larsson? Affordable contract, 1 year left with Seattle.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don't think you'll see those type on the bottom pair. If you do, my god, your defense is outrageous. I'm not sure if there are too many guys who fit that mold out there that are available.

Maybe a guy like Adam Larsson? Affordable contract, 1 year left with Seattle.
I don’t mean at that level, that’s why I said archetype. I don’t want Joel Edmundson, as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad