Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
If he can get that 10th pick from NJ the near sure fire pick for me is Liam Greentree (assuming Iginla's kid is gone). Greentree screams great Bruin to me. Big in size and heart. Character guy who elevates players around him. He's ranked around 12-14 but I would snap him up as a perfect fit.
Like his size and profile. Would be happy with him as a high end W prospect.

However, if the Bruins have the 10th OA and this kid falls to them...you have to take him.

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So is this draft class THAT weak? Keep hearing conflicting opinions

Not sure I keep hearing conflicting opinions too but if teams are shopping a 10 pick for goalies over the age of 30 then I’d assume it’s kind of weak.

But we don’t even know if the top 10 pick is actually being shopped got a goalie or if that’s just baseless rumors

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Last paragraph: "A league executive believes the Senators would likely have to offer defenceman Jakob Chychrun along with a first-round pick and another selection to acquire Ullmark. "

That seems crazy.
the league executive they interviewed
1718027097632.png

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Not sure I keep hearing conflicting opinions too but if teams are shopping a 10 pick for goalies over the age of 30 then I’d assume it’s kind of weak.

But we don’t even know if the top 10 pick is actually being shopped got a goalie or if that’s just baseless rumors
Fitzgerald actually stated his 10th overall pick is in play and this quote by him surely sounds like he's referring to Linus "there are some guys who have different contracts so how are those players going to reprice at"

"I'm in the goalie market talking to teams, but there's a 'but' and the 'but' is how do we want to build our team?" Fitzgerald said.
"If we feel it helps us now and in the foreseeable future, then, yes, I'm listening," New Jersey general manager Tom Fitzgerald told NHL.com on Monday during a break from interviews at the NHL Scouting Combine. "I haven't gotten anything yet but the more I talk to teams, I say 'Listen, I'm open to moving No. 10, but it's going to have to be something (significant).'"

That something significant is likely a goaltender.

"I'm in the goalie market talking to teams, but there's a 'but' and the 'but' is how do we want to build our team?" Fitzgerald said. "We'd like to add up front, we'd like to add on the back end, so what are those pieces going to cost us. With the goaltending, what's that going to cost us? Does the No. 10 pick get you that type of player that you can add to the group. It's easy to say, 'Go get so-and-so and then you build from there.' But there are some guys who have different contracts so how are those players going to reprice at. There's a lot to it, but, yes, the focus is on finding that goaltender."

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
How do you tank? Do you tell Pasta to take a year off? Do you let Swayman and Ullmark go away. Unless the team has several key injuries they are going to be in competition for postseason into April
Come on, man. Use your imagination.

We'll all played soccer with our five year old niece or nephew, right? The cool uncle makes a wild and dramatic dive at a ball that is rolling one foot every 5 seconds. You make a dramatic, amazing attempt but the little bugger has somehow eluded you and the ball is in the back of the net. You yell out loud, "oh my God.... what a goal!!!!" and everybody runs around the yard high fiving little Julie.

It's just not that hard. Just tell Pasta to make it look good!:laugh:

DS just need to spend wisely and keep his future 1st
Agree completely. Unless there are some really massive can't miss trade upgrades, the emphasis has to be on keeping those firsts.

Teams like Florida can build via free agency, but at the end of the day most teams need to draft well and take advantage of those early years of lower salaries..

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Monahan is most effective on the PP as a left shot bumper. I don’t think it’s a good match as much as a right shot. Plus he is slow as balls and not great defensively.

Yup, and on top of that he is also by a wide margin the highest risk player among the big ticket FA's

Like his size and profile. Would be happy with him as a high end W prospect.

However, if the Bruins have the 10th OA and this kid falls to them...you have to take him.

Sure, but there is maybe a 5% chance that happens, and only if his medicals are really poor

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
More than likely never see this again.

According to Puckpedia, the Bruins currently have 14 players signed to their active roster, with a total of $64.1 million dedicated toward the cap. This situates them $900,00 below the league’s new salary floor of $65 million.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Last paragraph: "A league executive believes the Senators would likely have to offer defenceman Jakob Chychrun along with a first-round pick and another selection to acquire Ullmark. "

That seems crazy.
I love Linus. But if we can get Chychrun/First Round Pick/Plus for him and he denies the move because of his NTC??? I'm going to go to his house and threaten to kneecap him x2.

Yikes -- that would be a sweet haul.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I love Linus. But if we can get Chychrun/First Round Pick/Plus for him and he denies the move because of his NTC??? I'm going to go to his house and threaten to kneecap him x2.

Yikes -- that would be a sweet haul.
Honestly just getting one of Chychrun or the 7th OA plus the cap space would make me happy. All of that together would be a grand slam to me

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Yup, and on top of that he is also by a wide margin the highest risk player among the big ticket FA's

Sure, but there is maybe a 5% chance that happens, and only if his medicals are really poor

Agreed...or scouts are simply worried about the way he played after returning from injury. Either way, it will be interesting to see where he goes! While there are a slew of very high end D in the top 12 or so, Lindstrom is a rare C. This is all moot for now as the Bruins don't pick until 124th overall. :)

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Honestly just getting one of Chychrun or the 7th OA plus the cap space would make me happy. All of that together would be a grand slam to me

Chychrun is interesting to me, but I'd look to flip him immediately. I definitely have no interest 😕 in a long term extension for him as it would be more than Lindholm approaching McAvoy money. And I don't want just a 1 year rental

Reactions: Gordoff and JCRO

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Chychrun is interesting to me, but I'd look to flip him immediately. I definitely have no interest 😕 in a long term extension for him as it would be more than Lindholm approaching McAvoy money. And I don't want just a 1 year rental
That’s a very good point. I think it’s the attractiveness of his current contract - which of course is ending. Flipping him for more assets to a team Ottawa wouldn’t deal him to could be a benefit.

Could also make the trade and see how he fairs this season.

If you think he’s commanding more than Lindholm though then yeah idk about him. I’m sure someone will pay him that but I’d definitely be skeptical as this past season was his first full season healthy

Reactions: Gordoff

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Good pick

I’m Devils I do not want Markstrom

I really don’t get this

Never been a fan and he’s 34 makes 6 M and can be a moody prick

Ullmark would be the guy I go for if Fitzgerald

We need this - and NJ beautiful state in many parts, my wife went to Villanova and majority of her friends were well off kids from Jersey and it reminded me of Newton ironically where Ullmark area lives

Let’s go Donny - get 10
Agree a GM looking for goalie, I would pick Ullmark over Markstrom every time.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud and TCB

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Get a top 10 pick for Linus is a great return, IMO.
Getting a top 10 pick and a good player is fantastic.
Getting a top 10 pick, a good player, and a good prospect?
Unbelievable return, I'll drive Linus myself.
Chychurn wouldn't be adding any grit or toughness to the defense, so why bother? He isn't a winner, it's just adding another guy that needs to be in the right situation to be better, it's not needed.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Good for defensemen at the top. Pretty rough after that especially after 20 or so

And giving how long defensemen take to develop, just dont see it.

But wasn’t it the case last year they were scrambling to interview guys at the end when they had some tracking on Ullmark deals that didn’t play out? Probably just making sure that if a “trade Ullmark for a top pick and then flip it” scenario only makes it to step 1 that they aren’t screwed.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
And giving how long defensemen take to develop, just dont see it.

But wasn’t it the case last year they were scrambling to interview guys at the end when they had some tracking on Ullmark deals that didn’t play out? Probably just making sure that if a “trade Ullmark for a top pick and then flip it” scenario only makes it to step 1 that they aren’t screwed.
They wanted Oliver Moore. But didn’t come together.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Foegele or Duclair would be a nice replacement for JDB, assuming we do not re sign him and save a bit of money vs what JDB is asking.
I would like to see us sign Trenin if the price is right to replace Maroon.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad